15 & 16 | Syracusefan.com

15 & 16

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
PSU / ND. That would be a dream finish to the ACC expansion. That's what PSU fans want to see, and I agree with them.

I guess for me it would be Penn St and Uconn too. But since I'm fairly certain Penn St is not moving I like any combo of Uconn, WVU, Louisville with Rutgirls pulling up the rear.

PSU / ND. That would be a dream finish to the ACC expansion. That's what PSU fans want to see, and I agree with them.
I don't believe that PSU will ever leave the Big Ten - no way.

For one thing, the academic dividend is too good to give away.

Penn State fits perfectly with the Big Ten culture - not with the ACC culture.

I don't believe that PSU will ever leave the Big Ten - no way.

For one thing, the academic dividend is too good to give away.

Penn State fits perfectly with the Big Ten culture - not with the ACC culture.

Bingo.

It's a good thing I'm not an admin, because personally I would ban anyone who mentions Penn State in the context of ACC expansion. It's a waste of valuable bandwith.

i always relate ND to the big 10 culture too. Not sure why they wouldn't join them, if they were to join a conference.

...the clock is ticking...be asked, accept or go it alone...here is what is going to happen:

1. Texan andd TT...that's right both or neither...and Texas still has its network...so I think not
2. Notre Dame being one of last two...most likely not...they still, for whatever reason, believe they are g-ds gift to football...certainly not bball...and want to remain independent...unfortunately, they either join the ACC or Big 10 or have a tail spin...not because of mediocre football and basketball...but because no conference of 14-16 teams will take them for all sports BUT FOOTBALL...unless its the refurbished BE or B12.
3. Unfortunately, WVU just doesnt have the academic reputation to make the grade
4. Uconn fits almost as nicely as 'Cuse and Pitt...and is in the right geographic area
5. Rutgirls fits too, damn it...butt I just believe they overplayed the Big 10 thing last time around
6-10...Kansas etc and all other present conference teams are not in the geographic NE...so most likely not...

If ACC goes to 16...its our brothers and sisters at Uconn and Rutgirls. That is the way it goes unless a team or two leaves the ACC and then #6 above has a chance

I used to think the girls were in but maybe not if ND joins the ACC - TV revenue would skyrocket for all ACC teams. UConn most definitely before the girls. I just can't see ND joining the ACC but I couldn't see Pitt & SU either.

I vote to stay at 14. I have a vote now right?

Gimme UConn and Kansas. UConn makes a ton of sense, they fit the ACC profile pretty well, give us another geographical rival who have history with for football, and obviously preserves the basketball rivalry.

Kansas would just make the basketball conference out of control. Duke, UNC, Kansas, UConn and Syracuse? Uh...holy crap.

ND and Texas are the two best schools available, but I don't want to put up with any garbage that makes them bigger than the conference (LHN, whatever ND would try to pull). If they want to be equal to the other 15, go for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom