15-18 WKU Tourney-Bound | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

15-18 WKU Tourney-Bound

Is it a guarantee that there is a 16-16 and 12-12 play in each night? Or can they have all of the 16 seeds play on the first night?

Regardless, there is a high probability that 114th rated UNC-Asheville will get bumped to a 15 seed after you take into account a few upsets from lower seeded teams during conference tourneys.
12-12 and 16-16...its all about where the games are and as Orangemen said in this thread, Dayton to Louisville is closer.
Could be a monkey wrench throw into this with South Dakota State getting beat. Stay tuned

They actually played the name teams relatively close.
The Carolina game was literally right after the game on the ship against Michigan State and they took a red eye to Asheville. That game was their National Championship so I am not surprised of the letdown by UNC in that game.

The winner of Western Illinois and South Dakota St. will be a 16, I'd imagine

Marsh - are you certain that they split up the 16/16 games between Tuesday and Wednesday? I'm not certain if that is a bracketing rule or even a bracketing preference. (but I could be wrong)

And even if it is, I do know the committee chair noted recently that it was extremly important that the travel for play in teams be reduced this year. What happened to Clemson last year was unfair.

Here is the problem. Two of the four seeds will be in Portland. You are thinking backwards if you try to fill in play ins from the one seed side first. You have to fill the play in games on the 4 seed line first if you can, because the options are limited. One seeds are likely to be playing in Louisville, Pittsburgh, Greensboro, and possibly Columbus. So its easier to use that line to complete the puzzle.

There will likely be one four seed nearby. They absolutely get a play in. Then the nearest three seed to Dayton would get one as well. Then the leftovers go to 1-16 depending on what day is available

They are not sending anybody out to Alberquerque or Portland two days later, so there will be a 6-11 matchup.

The winner of Western Illinois and South Dakota St. will be a 16, I'd imagine

No way. SDST has a 55 RPI and will get a 13 seed if they win. They will essentially replace Oral Roberts in their spot.

Marsh - are you certain that they split up the 16/16 games between Tuesday and Wednesday? I'm not certain if that is a bracketing rule or even a bracketing preference. (but I could be wrong)

And even if it is, I do know the committee chair noted recently that it was extremly important that the travel for play in teams be reduced this year. What happened to Clemson last year was unfair.

Here is the problem. Two of the four seeds will be in Portland. You are thinking backwards if you try to fill in play ins from the one seed side first. You have to fill the play in games on the 4 seed line first if you can, because the options are limited. One seeds are likely to be playing in Louisville, Pittsburgh, Greensboro, and possibly Columbus. So its easier to use that line to complete the puzzle.

Yes that is what they did last year. One one one night and one the next night. Last year it was Clemson/UAB and UNC Asheville/Ark Little Rock on one night and VCU/USC andUTSA/Alabama State the next night.

This is another reason why we will probably get Asheville. They wont put them in the play in game 2 years in a row.

Agreed SDST is a 13 seed.

Yes that is what they did last year. One one one night and one the next night. Last year it was Clemson/UAB and UNC Asheville/Ark Little Rock on one night and VCU/USC andUTSA/Alabama State the next night.

This is another reason why we will probably get Asheville. They wont put them in the play in game 2 years in a row.

They did it last year, but is that actually a rule or a preference. 50/50 basically that it would happen normally.

No way. SDST has a 55 RPI and will get a 13 seed if they win. They will essentially replace Oral Roberts in their spot.
Could have fooled me, they look terrible. W. Ill. sure seems to have a chance at the 16, though

I told you, I watch lot of basketball...
Impressive - was waiting to see one of your breakdowns and this did not disappoint, nice work. The long hours of basketball paid off though I am suprised at the clarity of writing as it must have been hard to do with all the PBR!

Western illinois RPI in the 140- 150's if they win. Definete play in candidate

Impressive - was waiting to see one of your breakdowns and this did not disappoint, nice work. The long hours of basketball paid off though I am suprised at the clarity of writing as it must have been hard to do with all the PBR!
Thanks. I like the way it feels on my lips as I write...

the Hilltoppers' big man, Teeng Akol, was once briefly on the SU recruiting radar. Hard to believe now that Syracuse has recruited a McDonald's All American big for three years running, but it was just a few short years ago that the Orange were sifting through the remainder bin for project bigs.

the Hilltoppers' big man, Teeng Akol, was once briefly on the SU recruiting radar. Hard to believe now that Syracuse has recruited a McDonald's All American big for three years running, but it was just a few short years ago that the Orange were sifting through the remainder bin for project bigs.
Wow I thought that name sounded familiar. Good catch.

This is the oldest floor rush I have ever seen.

Did you see the just see replay of the floor storming - some 30 something dad with two year old in arm, turning the corner and rushing the floor. LOL

Did you see the just see replay of the floor storming - some 30 something dad with two year old in arm, turning the corner and rushing the floor. LOL
Hysterical!

zero chance we play UNCA

Just curious but what makes you say that? Marsh made a pretty convincing argument enough that I hope we dont play them now, lol.

Just curious but what makes you say that? Marsh made a pretty convincing argument enough that I hope we dont play them now, lol.
just look at the data he posted, we will not be playing the best 16 seed

zero chance we play UNCA
Zero? Um, no. Actually a 1 in 6 chance. Here are the teams who will vie for the 16 seeds:

16-UT Arlington (100) or another Southland team, like Lamar (126)
16-UNC Asheville (112)
16-Vermont (157) or Stony Brook (145)
16-Western Kentucky (198)
16-SWAC Champ (fave is Missisippi Valley State -158)
16-MEAC Champ (fave is Savannah State - 185)

Remember there will be 6 16 seed teams playing. 2 will be automatically in and 4 will be playing in the play in games.
I think its safe to say WKU is in one of the play in games. Throw in the SWAC and MEAC Champ as well. The winner of VT/Stonybrook is more than likely to also be in the play in game.

Seeing we probably do not get a play in winner, that leaves UNCA and UT Arlington or Lamar.

The only hiccup is (and this may sound shallow but is reality) if the committee decides to not have the two black confernences (SWAC and MEAC) in a play in game and gives one of the schools a break and just puts them in.

just look at the data he posted, we will not be playing the best 16 seed

Hmm while I dont disagree would you really be shocked if SU got stuck with what we would consider the "strongest 16 seed", personally I wouldnt, SU should win big regardless. JB should play a tape of the SU Richmond game prior to the game so our guys remember nothing is guaranteed.

is there something that says the play in games have to be the worst of the 16 seeds? serious question

is there something that says the play in games have to be the worst of the 16 seeds? serious question[/quote

Last year it worked out that way but they didnt play the 2 best #1 seeds. Ohio State got one and Pitt got the other. I actually think Kansas got he "best" one in Boston U.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom