16-8 (6-5) is freaking amazing after 10-7 (0-4) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

16-8 (6-5) is freaking amazing after 10-7 (0-4)

FSU will have the same ACC record as us when we meet.

Hop was a flop but it is likely that he will improve. Continuity is very important to our program and Hop is loyal to the Cuse. If another coach has great success what is to keep him from greener money pastures?

OMG, sometimes when he do what he do, I say to myself "How did he do what he just dood?" And then I don't answer myself.
You must be young. 'Cause I answer myself more every day.

Hop was a flop but it is likely that he will improve. Continuity is very important to our program and Hop is loyal to the Cuse. If another coach has great success what is to keep him from greener money pastures?
Ugh... Slams on Hop based on a completely ridiculous situation really get my goat. It is unfair to him for anyone to determine what his head coaching capabilities are.

That said, I do think those that have been wishing JB away have Got to see how misguided they are. He IS Syracuse Badketball.

I do not appreciate posts that purposely misconstrue. I did not slam Hop. I stated that the truth, his record was dismal. How can anyone deny the difference between JB and Hop at this stage in their coaching? I also stated that it is likely that he would improve. Furthermore, I advanced an argument for giving him a chance to prove himself over a longer period of time. Half of the discussion on this board is purposeful misconstruction.

I think JAB has been re-energized by "those 9 games". I'm putting that in quotes because I feel "those 9 games" are really defining our season and possibly JAB's legacy. I have no doubt in my mind that before JAB retires, he wants to give a big FU to the NCAA.
Who here doesn't want to give the finger to the NCAA, and especially to the smarmy jerk who heads it?

I do not appreciate posts that purposely misconstrue. I did not slam Hop. I stated that the truth, his record was dismal. How can anyone deny the difference between JB and Hop at this stage in their coaching? I also stated that it is likely that he would improve. Furthermore, I advanced an argument for giving him a chance to prove himself over a longer period of time. Half of the discussion on this board is purposeful misconstruction.
I wouldn't call a 4-5 record dismal. I wonder how you define the word. St John's was a bad loss but that's probably it. JB has bad losses on his record too, and recent ones, after 30+ seasons as a head coach.

And I'm not alone in my assessment.

http://www.syracuse.com/poliquin/in...kins_4-5_record_with_syracuse_basketball.html

Also other people in this thread slammed Hop too, which is probably what the poster you are annoyed at meant, not just your post alone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom