16-8 (6-5) is freaking amazing after 10-7 (0-4) | Syracusefan.com

16-8 (6-5) is freaking amazing after 10-7 (0-4)

Alsacs

Living Legend
I mean wow after the UNC game I don't believe many of us we would have believed we would be a tournament team this year.

I just wanted us to continue the winning season streak. Our season was on the brink and JB has really tightened the ship. Now we aren't a lock for the tournament unless we get 10 ACC wins but the razor thin margin for error this team has and all these close wins are awesome.

We had 4 guys play over 40 minutes yesterday in the 3rd game in 5 days. This break is huge to get the players legs back.

This isn't going to win the NC but to see them make the Dance would be awesome.

We are playing with 7 guys. The 8th and 9th guys are only used in case of emergency and the 10th guy is a transfer.

Good job using the tape and keeping this thing together JB. This is your best coaching job in over a decade.

If jb gets this team to the tournament it will be 1 of his best coaching jobs ever. Just watching him on the sidelines you can see hes coaching his ass off.

Even watching his press conferences when we were 0-4 or 1-4 he never paniced and he believed in the team. Hes like we got alot of work to do but its a long season we just gotta keep working and getting better which we will. And they have.

If jb gets this team to the tournament it will be 1 of his best coaching jobs ever. Just watching him on the sidelines you can see hes coaching his ass off.

Even watching his press conferences when we were 0-4 or 1-4 he never paniced and he believed in the team. Hes like we got alot of work to do but its a long season we just gotta keep working and getting better which we will. And they have.

Not just get them to the tournament--they will have to overcome that near-disastrous 4-5 stretch that had us 0-4 in conference play. Remarkable turnaround--especially since we are playing so much tougher since Boeheim's return.

Coach is doing yeoman's work this season.

I mean wow after the UNC game I don't believe many of us we would have believed we would be a tournament team this year.

I just wanted us to continue the winning season streak. Our season was on the brink and JB has really tightened the ship. Now we aren't a lock for the tournament unless we get 10 ACC wins but the razor thin margin for error this team has and all these close wins are awesome.

We had 4 guys play over 40 minutes yesterday in the 3rd game in 5 days. This break is huge to get the players legs back.

This isn't going to win the NC but to see them make the Dance would be awesome.

We are playing with 7 guys. The 8th and 9th guys are only used in case of emergency and the 10th guy is a transfer.

Good job using the tape and keeping this thing together JB. This is your best coaching job in over a decade.
I agree with nearly everything except winning the NC. Never count this team out. We can make the tourney. We can win the tourney.
Hulk Smash!

It's great to see JB get some kudos. Kind of unfortunate that it has taken the suspension to really highlight it but JB is really good at in-game strategy.

JB gets another OT victory, he is really racking up quite a percentage in the second half of his career.

However, I've always felt this team has talent. Just an obvious defensive flaw. And if you play the what-if game of no suspension, I think StJ + Clemson along with Wisky (I know JB coached but not his normal game) would be wins. This could be a 19-5 team right now.

I think the end of 2013 might have been better. Pulled the team from a pretty horrible swoon and the embarrassment at Georgetown to a nice post-season run.
I can see 2013 but that 2013 team was stacked.
1. MCW
2. Triche
3. Fair
4. Southerland
5. Rak/Keita

Bench: Grant, Coleman, Cooney
The D on that team was insane. We just struggled offensively. If 2013 got a little more offense we had a 50/50 shot at the NC and honestly if we beat Michigan we were Louisville's nightmare after 3 hard fought games that season.

I don't think anybody but Richardson/Gbinije would get minutes on that 2013 team and remember Grant barely played after Southerland came back. That loss of Southerland hurt that team even more during its swoon. The D was just special and rode us to the Final Four.

I can see 2013 but that 2013 team was stacked.
1. MCW
2. Triche
3. Fair
4. Southerland
5. Rak/Keita

Bench: Grant, Coleman, Cooney
The D on that team was insane. We just struggled offensively. If 2013 got a little more offense we had a 50/50 shot at the NC and honestly if we beat Michigan we were Louisville's nightmare after 3 hard fought games that season.

I don't think anybody but Richardson/Gbinije would get minutes on that 2013 team and remember Grant barely played after Southerland came back. That loss of Southerland hurt that team even more during its swoon. The D was just special and rode us to the Final Four.

That Michigan game was SO FRUSTRATING. Several of our key players picked the worst time to have terrible offensive games. MCW stunk the joint up, and Southerland scored all five of his points in the last minute or so. The only ones who played well were Fair [who tore Michigan up], Triche, and Grant [who had something like 7 rebounds off of the bench in fairly limited minutes]. And despite all that, we STILL came within a bad call away from tying it up with under a minute to play.

Needed MCW or Southerland or both to have a reasonable scoring game that day, and we would have been in the NC. As you point out, we played Louisville really tough that season--they wouldn't have liked seeing us as the matchup.

That Michigan game was SO FRUSTRATING. Several of our key players picked the worst time to have terrible offensive games. MCW stunk the joint up, and Southerland scored all five of his points in the last minute or so. The only ones who played well were Fair [who tore Michigan up], Triche, and Grant [who had something like 7 rebounds off of the bench in fairly limited minutes]. And despite all that, we STILL came within a bad call away from tying it up with under a minute to play.

Needed MCW or Southerland or both to have a reasonable scoring game that day, and we would have been in the NC. As you point out, we played Louisville really tough that season--they wouldn't have liked seeing us as the matchup.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I wish Triche had the ball earlier in that game with as bad as MCW struggled. He still got jobbed on the charge call with Jordan Morgan. Ironic that he and Morgan played together in Italy the year Triche won that Italian Leagues MVP.

These wins are like supressive fire to the anti-JB crowd.
It's really true, Townie. Anyone who says, "Aren't you ready for JB to retire?," the only answer possible is, "ARE YOU INSANE?"

I just watched "Requiem for the Big East" (yes, I am a little slow in this regard) and the value that Boeheim has given our teams, our university, and our community is unbelievable. To paraphrase the Hebrew saying, "A man of valor, who can find? His worth is far above rubies."

oval-rubies-cut-sparkling-black-stone-plate-47271168.jpg

It's really true, Townie. Anyone who says, "Aren't you ready for JB to retire?," the only answer possible is, "ARE YOU INSANE?"

oval-rubies-cut-sparkling-black-stone-plate-47271168.jpg
I think JAB has been re-energized by "those 9 games". I'm putting that in quotes because I feel "those 9 games" are really defining our season and possibly JAB's legacy. I have no doubt in my mind that before JAB retires, he wants to give a big FU to the NCAA.

I think JAB has been re-energized by "those 9 games". I'm putting that in quotes because I feel "those 9 games" are really defining our season and possibly JAB's legacy. I have no doubt in my mind that before JAB retires, he wants to give a big FU to the NCAA.

You can tell by the number of times he's motioned to the crowd to cheer. And comments about people leaving. He's into it. And wants you to be too.

I could tell JB was pretty pumped up in the ESPN interview after the game. Granted that was with the adrenaline going right after the game. But I wasn''t sure what reaction we would get out of him considering how we had played and he seemed thrilled about the win.

Not really.

Read the board and note the paucity of criticisms that pop up from the usual suspects after a loss.

To me these aren't really SU fans. Just frustrated critics who somehow have attached themselves to the SU BB program so they could can and whine incessantly at every opportunity.

I'll tell you one thing, I'll never underestimate or take JB for granted again. He has his faults, but he's a HOFer for a reason. Extremely lucky to have him for so long. He is our program.

Also, color me skeptical about Hop...

by the time we come out of this "bye" week, we could very well be ahead of duke/ND , and right there with pitt looking at 4-5th place in the league. that would really be something.

jec1521 said:
I'll tell you one thing, I'll never underestimate or take JB for granted again. He has his faults, but he's a HOFer for a reason. Extremely lucky to have him for so long. He is our program.

Also, color me skeptical about Hop...

Same here. There were times the past couple years i said im ready for some new blood. But the 4-5 stretch without him and the way hes coached and the team has played since hes been back has made me change my tune. All hail boeheim!

And id be much more in favor of finding a proven big time coach to replace him than hop, but thats for a different thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom