183.7 QBR | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

183.7 QBR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect a good performance. I expect a better performance against Liberty. I expect a team ranked in the pre season not to lose by 43 to a Maryland team that has shown not to be very good. I expect Devito not to throw it to the wrong team once a game. Western Mich is supposedly one of the worst Defenses in college football... so yes i do expect a lot of yards and touchdowns when you play on a team with vastly superior talent
can you go back and remind me how many times dungey "threw it to the wrong team" in road games that resulted in touchdowns? in the first drive of the game?

can you go back and remind me how many times dungey "threw it to the wrong team" in road games that resulted in touchdowns? in the first drive of the game?
Are you arguing that Devito is currently better than Dungey was? Currently Devito makes mistakes that no D1 QB should make. He didnt today, so that's good. I need more than one game to be convinced hes an All American though

You just made my point. Today I’ve seen posts comparing TD to Mcnabb. The last two weeks it was “let’s see the backup” and “I’m not sure he’s the guy.” I’m bullish on TD, I think he will be a great one.

Lol. You’re just pointing out the differences between posters, not the same people making bipolar posts.

Assuming the board will agree on anything might be the issue.

Are you arguing that Devito is currently better than Dungey was? Currently Devito makes mistakes that no D1 QB should make. He didnt today, so that's good. I need more than one game to be convinced hes an All American though

Wafflin between extremes like a pro

Wafflin between extremes like a pro
You saying hes good or not? I'm unimpressed. I will argue vehemently that hes not as good as Dungey... yet. He has been bad twice, ok once and good today (against statistically one of the worst Defenses in college football)

You saying hes good or not? I'm unimpressed. I will argue vehemently that hes not as good as Dungey... yet. He has been bad twice, ok once and good today (against statistically one of the worst Defenses in college football)

Dungey completed 7 passes against this defense last year. 7.

1. He saved our arses twice last year in place of Dungey and
2. No - I don’t think he’s good and I don’t think he’s bad. He’s got potential and can be very good by the end of his career here. He’s getting better and that’s good for us, no?

1. He saved our arses twice last year in place of Dungey and
2. No - I don’t think he’s good and I don’t think he’s bad. He’s got potential and can be very good by the end of his career here. He’s getting better and that’s good for us, no?
Have I ever said he'll never be good? If you read any post I've ever left, I haven't. That NC game last year... saved us, then should've lost the game, then saved us. Up and down doesnt make a great QB. Consistently good, not occasionally great.

He completed 7...for 184 yards on 17 attempts. 2 TD’s, 0 INT’s. 170.9 rating.

And ran for 200 on 15 carries.

I have no idea what you’re driving at. He didn’t complete enough dink and dunk passes and we didn’t need to throw many passes, because we were scoring so easily?

Why does this conversation about TD need to be about absolutes? He is a qb that is developing. He has made some nice throws and some horrible throws. He shows promise but there are things he still needs to learn. Why the need to say things like best throws since McNabb? How about this? Let the young man grow into his game? I for one was glad to see him show some better pocket awareness today. I also like that the staff made some nice dedicated run calls for TD. That ball he threw to 3 white shirts was horrible though. Good team win and hopefully confidence builder.

He completed 7...for 184 yards on 17 attempts. 2 TD’s, 0 INT’s. 170.9 rating.

And ran for 200 on 15 carries.

I have no idea what you’re driving at. He didn’t complete enough dink and dunk passes and we didn’t need to throw many passes, because we were scoring so easily?

Tommy had a better game than Eric did against this same defense.

The poster was saying Tommy is not as good as Eric.

He was right. He's better. BOOM

Why does this conversation about TD need to be about absolutes? He is a qb that is developing. He has made some nice throws and some horrible throws. He shows promise but there are things he still needs to learn. Why the need to say things like best throws since McNabb? How about this? Let the young man grow into his game? I for one was glad to see him show some better pocket awareness today. I also like that the staff made some nice dedicated run calls for TD. That ball he threw to 3 white shirts was horrible though. Good team win and hopefully confidence builder.

Nevermind Clemson because that game was an anomaly in terms of what he’ll usually face...just compare today to Liberty - the growth is obvious.

He’ll be fine if we can protect him. Not confident in that part yet though.

Tommy had a better game than Eric did against this same defense.

The poster was saying Tommy is not as good as Eric.

He was right. He's better. BOOM

He didn’t have a better game though.

Eric had a better game against Clemson.

Have I ever said he'll never be good? If you read any post I've ever left, I haven't. That NC game last year... saved us, then should've lost the game, then saved us. Up and down doesnt make a great QB. Consistently good, not occasionally great.

Lol. Did I accuse you of that? You asked me if he was good or bad? I answered.

That dropped INT you reference was Riley running the wrong route. Coach Babers gave him an earful when he came out and tapped DeVito on the head. That was all on Riley.
Thank you. Sit in lower level on visitor side and didn’t see exactly what happened. It was out of character from rest of game and he seemed really trying to throw the ball away more. Amazing that of the incomplete passes, at least three were purposeful throwaways, one was the bad route mentioned here and there was at least one drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom