1977 NCAA tournament Syracuse vs. Tennessee | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

1977 NCAA tournament Syracuse vs. Tennessee

Louie and Bouie vs. Ernie and Bernie.

Awesome find on Syracuse history. Young Jim Boeheim. Rick Pitino is seated like to JB.

Dick Enberg and Billy Packer on the call.
Big Game for Larry kelly

We played Rutgers at the end of the regular season and that game was on tv. The line to get in to Manley was incredibly long. The students got there at 12 for a 4 p.m. game.
Jammin James Bailey owned Rosie over the Long haul...

Before the game, jb said that if we held Bernie and Ernie under 50 pts, we would win. If we didn't, we would lose. Bernie and Ernie scored 49 and we won in OT.

More fun stats from that game:
  • Bernie and Ernie and Louis & Bouie all fouled out
  • Bernie and Ernie both had a double/double - with 12 RBs each. The mighty rebounder Bouie had just 2. Louis had 9; neither had a double/double - but we won
  • Darden had 12 Asts, Kindel had 3 - and we won
  • Bernie & Ernie had 49 pts; Louis & Bouie had 14 pts - and we won
  • There was less than 6k at the game - and we won :)

Jammin James Bailey owned Rosie over the Long haul...
My first game as a freshman was vs Rutgers at Manley, circa 1978. If I remember correctly, Rosie played Bailey to a standstill- he certainly held his own. Biggest play of the game was a one-handed jam in Bailey's face. We went absolutely nuts and they cruised to a W. That squad had Eddie Moss, the Cohen/Headd duo, Dale Schackleford, and Louie and Bouie. Good times!

My first game as a freshman was vs Rutgers at Manley, circa 1978. If I remember correctly, Rosie played Bailey to a standstill- he certainly held his own. Biggest play of the game was a one-handed jam in Bailey's face. We went absolutely nuts and they cruised to a W. That squad had Eddie Moss, the Cohen/Headd duo, Dale Schackleford, and Louie and Bouie. Good times!
In '78, we lost to Rutgers. It was '77 that we beat them at Manley.

In '78, we lost to Rutgers. It was '77 that we beat them at Manley.
My bad, dash.
I checked the records- the game was played in January of '79 at Manley. We won 71-65.
Had me worried there for a second...the old memory failing on me!:confused: