1987-88 season games - dvd/tape | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

1987-88 season games - dvd/tape

I have a number of games on VHS and DVD. Quality varies. I am willing to share if some one wants them I have tried transfer some tapes to disc, but not entirely successful. Again if there is a technology savvy person who can and wants to transfer tape to disc, they are welcome. Let me know how to start the process.

cool, how many do you have? thanks for posting

I have a number of games on VHS and DVD. Quality varies. I am willing to share if some one wants them I have tried transfer some tapes to disc, but not entirely successful. Again if there is a technology savvy person who can and wants to transfer tape to disc, they are welcome. Let me know how to start the process.

Do you have an email address...? I can't send PM's on here yet
thanks

11/21/87 - UNC (possibly ESPN Classic, need to check)
1/11/88 - @ Nova (ESPN Classic)
1/24/88 - Gtown (poorish quality)
2/28/88 - Kentucky
3/6/88 - Pitt (SNY Replay)

I have about 525 games at this time, about 40 from the 80's and 50 from the 90's. About 1/3rd are ESPN Classics or replays.

Don't really trade much these days, but if someone has a treasure trove and good quality, I could be enticed.

11/21/87 - UNC (possibly ESPN Classic, need to check)
1/11/88 - @ Nova (ESPN Classic)
1/24/88 - Gtown (poorish quality)
2/28/88 - Kentucky
3/6/88 - Pitt (SNY Replay)

I have about 525 games at this time, about 40 from the 80's and 50 from the 90's. About 1/3rd are ESPN Classics or replays.

Don't really trade much these days, but if someone has a treasure trove and good quality, I could be enticed.

thank you...I'll be back in touch

hey I sent you a PM regarding the tapes and conversion. Please get back with me...would love to get the ball rolling on a conversion and library of games

thanks

Go up to Inbox, found in the upper right hand corner of this web site, then click on Start a Private Conversation. You might have to enable private conversations if you can't see what I am describing.

How does one do this? Awhile ago mine stopped workig, and I can only speak with people I already have threads with, or that send me a new PM, I cant initiate them. I think my account may have been hacked, because the edit button is missing, and it ticks me off because of my frequent typos. I'd appreciate any trouble-shooting help you could give me, as a long time member, it's frustrating not understanding how the current board works.

As for the tapes, I can check my pile and see if there is anything good, i think mine might be a few years after that season though. I like to help where I can, though.

EDIT: Man, do I ever miss those teams, too! I'm not sure of the quality of the ones mentioned, though, as you may be able to imagine.

88 -- hate saying it, but one of the most disappointing teams I can remember. A team with Sherm, DC, Seikaly and Stevie had no business losing to Rhode island in the round 0f 32, whether Sherm was under the weather or not. I was young but that game still haunts me . Tone was kind of set for me early on with the UNC and AZ losses.

Hi, I am interested in the tapes and will convert them free of charge. Please send me a PM and I will provide my address.
thank you

Hi, I am interested in the tapes and will convert them free of charge. Please send me a PM and I will provide my address.
thank you
Hope you know this guy well, SBU. Or maybe I'm just a bit paranoid.

Hope you know this guy well, SBU. Or maybe I'm just a bit paranoid.

Just paranoid. What value do tapes have?...especially sitting in closets. Or maybe this is a new nationwide scam to get someone's VHS tapes from three decades ago. Geeeez! VHS to digital converters can be bought for less than $100 these days. It's not a big task to convert tapes even though some places charge $20 per tape or more. I'm just trying to get old footage online whether I convert tapes or someone else does.

Just being overly cynical thinking about those tapes or digital versions never being returned. Sorry if I rocked you too much.
We need a few added emotions.

Just being a little cynical thinking about those tapes or digital versions never being returned. Sorry if I rocked you too much.

I'm not a millennial. Flip the coin and maybe be a 'little optimistic' about being able to view some old games online that haven't been seen in 30 years.

The man said "I'm willing to share..."...

You can't expect everyone to share your fear of the world

88 -- hate saying it, but one of the most disappointing teams I can remember. A team with Sherm, DC, Seikaly and Stevie had no business losing to Rhode island in the round 0f 32, whether Sherm was under the weather or not. I was young but that game still haunts me . Tone was kind of set for me early on with the UNC and AZ losses.

I was just 6 years old during this season so it's before my time, but taking a look at the schedule, we lost 5 Big East conference games by either 1 or 2 points. And another by 4 points. Talk about stressful.

I was just 6 years old during this season so it's before my time, but taking a look at the schedule, we lost 5 Big East conference games by either 1 or 2 points. And another by 4 points. Talk about stressful.
While making under 60% of free throws. Huge underachievement.

While making under 60% of free throws. Huge underachievement.

That team had some chemistry issues, particularly between DC and Seikaly. Lots of moping by DC that year. Incredibly frustrating year with that immense talent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom