1987-88 season games - dvd/tape | Syracusefan.com

1987-88 season games - dvd/tape

80's hoops

Walk On
Hey fellas, wondering if there are any Cuse game dvd collectors out there? I'm looking for some games from the 87-88 season. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

thanks Suto- yeah everything on YouTube I pretty much have. I ran across the cusetapes site last week and tried to email him, but the email no longer works...got a failure notice. In reading back through this forum some, there was some mention of starting a site with links to games such as that UConn site with a ton of game links. Not sure if anyone has done this, but I have a few games to contribute if so... But thanks again man

thanks Suto- yeah everything on YouTube I pretty much have. I ran across the cusetapes site last week and tried to email him, but the email no longer works...got a failure notice. In reading back through this forum some, there was some mention of starting a site with links to games such as that UConn site with a ton of game links. Not sure if anyone has done this, but I have a few games to contribute if so... But thanks again man

I can't contribute in any way, but that Connecticut site is incredible. If anyone could do something similar for SU, a lot of us would be deeply in your debt.

forgive me if I'm overlooking something, but how in the heck do you send a private message? I'm not seeing an option for this within a profile...thanks

forgive me if I'm overlooking something, but how in the heck do you send a private message? I'm not seeing an option for this within a profile...thanks
Go up to Inbox, found in the upper right hand corner of this web site, then click on Start a Private Conversation. You might have to enable private conversations if you can't see what I am describing.

That is a shame cusetapes has shut down his email address.

I will say this: if people are willing to share their videos, I think we could create a place on this site to organize it all. I think the best approach would be to post them on Youtube and we could create a nice database that could be searched to find whatever video you are interested in (and get a direct link to it). We might be able to store them too but I would have to talk to temery about that. That could end up being a lot of storage.

To me, this kind of content should be free and no one should make a profit off of it. If everyone pooled their resources, we could have the best college video repository on the Internet. We have to be mindful of copyright restrictions but there are many thousands of old games posted on Youtube and I don't see anyone requesting that they be taken down.

Any interest? This is the content being referred to...

UConn Husky Games

tcf15

I was thinking a searchable database might be better. Dropdowns by sport, decade and year, that sort of thing. Kind of like what cusetapes was doing but with actual direct links to the content.

Last edited:
Go up to Inbox, found in the upper right hand corner of this web site, then click on Start a Private Conversation. You might have to enable private conversations if you can't see what I am describing.

I tried it ...no luck. Originally was going to a person's profile and looking for a send message button like most site's have...

I tried it ...no luck. Originally was going to a person's profile and looking for a send message button like most site's have...
No luck? Does that mean you don't see where it says Inbox or you don't see Start a Private Conversation?

No luck? Does that mean you don't see where it says Inbox or you don't see Start a Private Conversation?

I can get into the Inbox, just not seeing a 'start private conversation' or a button to enable it...thanks

I'm a member on a few game trading sites. There's probably quite a few game tapes in existence that aren't on YouTube.
Let me know specifically what games (that aren't on YouTube) that you desire and I'll see what I can do to locate them and make them available for viewing. thanks

I'm a member on a few game trading sites. There's probably quite a few game tapes in existence that aren't on YouTube.
Let me know specifically what games (that aren't on YouTube) that you desire and I'll see what I can do to locate them and make them available for viewing. thanks

Three that come to mind immediately for me: 1994 Kentucky, December 1994 Arizona, and 1996 Georgetown (home).

I can get into the Inbox, just not seeing a 'start private conversation' or a button to enable it...thanks
It should be in the lower right hand corner.

Try to click on your user name, which is right next to Inbox, then select Personal Details. Do you have a Conversations section on the left, and does it include View Conversations and Start a New Conversation?

It should be in the lower right hand corner.

Try to click on your user name, which is right next to Inbox, then select Personal Details. Do you have a Conversations section on the left, and does it include View Conversations and Start a New Conversation?

I'm seeing everything except the Start New Convo...

maybe since I'm a new member it's not enabled yet...

thanks anyway

I'm seeing everything except the Start New Convo...

maybe since I'm a new member it's not enabled yet...

thanks anyway
Probably because you haven't made many posts yet. I think I just authorized you to start convos. If you don't see it immediately, you might have to log out and log back in. Welcome to the board...

Probably because you haven't made many posts yet. I think I just authorized you to start convos. If you don't see it immediately, you might have to log out and log back in. Welcome to the board...

cool! thank you for your help. Much appreciated!

The Rhode Island game. ugh. Even the awesome Michigan game has bad memories for me, I was in LA and right after watching us smack UM I went out and some dudes jacked me up, had a gun. I am alive so could have been worse, and we did win the game!

I have a ton of vhs tapes and would be happy to share or contribute.

Hey Carl, by chance would you have the February 1988 St John's game?

saw your Kohls reference and did a trading board search for the years he played. Oldest Cuse games on there are from 1974 though

thanks

Would love to find 2003 Pitt game at the Dome. My only game sitting courtside (CTO). What a game to be courtside!

Toga, I've found multiple collectors with this game. Should be able to get this for you

Hey Carl, by chance would you have the February 1988 St John's game?

saw your Kohls reference and did a trading board search for the years he played. Oldest Cuse games on there are from 1974 though

thanks
I'll check. send me an email. I don't know how to send messages here. carltrop44@gmail.com

That is a shame cusetapes has shut down his email address.

I will say this: if people are willing to share their videos, I think we could create a place on this site to organize it all. I think the best approach would be to post them on Youtube and we could create a nice database that could be searched to find whatever video you are interested in (and get a direct link to it). We might be able to store them too but I would have to talk to temery about that. That could end up being a lot of storage.

To me, this kind of content should be free and no one should make a profit off of it. If everyone pooled their resources, we could have the best college video repository on the Internet. We have to be mindful of copyright restrictions but there are many thousands of old games posted on Youtube and I don't see anyone requesting that they be taken down.

Any interest? This is the content being referred to...

UConn Husky Games

tcf15

I was thinking a searchable database might be better. Dropdowns by sport, decade and year, that sort of thing. Kind of like what cusetapes was doing but with actual direct links to the content.
I have a number of games on VHS and DVD. Quality varies. I am willing to share if some one wants them I have tried transfer some tapes to disc, but not entirely successful. Again if there is a technology savvy person who can and wants to transfer tape to disc, they are welcome. Let me know how to start the process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom