1st Half vs 2nd Half performances... | Syracusefan.com

1st Half vs 2nd Half performances...

BostonOrange

2nd String
The good news is that against 3 very good opponents the last 3 games we have been an aggregate +35 in the first half. Not too shabby.

In the 2nd half's we are a mindboggling -49. Granted 30 of that came last night, but we didn't play well in the 2nd half's of the other games either - 22 points in each game on offense and - 19 combined. (We were of course +3 in the gtown overtime)

Looking a little deeper, we made a staggering 18 3's in the first half of the three games - approximately half of our total points. If I'm being a pessimist I would say that we basically are reliant on chucking 3's, and we really aren't a particularly good 3 point shooting team. The #'s say if we aren't making 3's we just can't score.

we have been chucking 3's all year- the ball movement was infinitely better in this tourney which led to open, in rhthymn threes.. cant wait till the selection show so the belaboring of one bad half of basketball is over.

The good news is that against 3 very good opponents the last 3 games we have been an aggregate +35 in the first half. Not too shabby.

In the 2nd half's we are a mindboggling -49. Granted 30 of that came last night, but we didn't play well in the 2nd half's of the other games either - 22 points in each game on offense and - 19 combined. (We were of course +3 in the gtown overtime)

Looking a little deeper, we made a staggering 18 3's in the first half of the three games - approximately half of our total points. If I'm being a pessimist I would say that we basically are reliant on chucking 3's, and we really aren't a particularly good 3 point shooting team. The #'s say if we aren't making 3's we just can't score.

Yep. Last three games, second half, we were outscored 119-70. Really poor halftime adjustments, or lack thereof.

Who is responsible? <<There's your sarcasm, docsu.

we have been chucking 3's all year- the ball movement was infinitely better in this tourney which led to open, in rhthymn threes.. cant wait till the selection show so the belaboring of one bad half of basketball is over.
I guess the point is that if we aren't hitting a lot of threes we simply don't score. At all. In the 2nd halves of the last three games we have made a total...a TOTAL...of 8 2 pt fgs. If we'd averaged 40 points a game in those halves that would be one thing, but we've averaged 24. I'm not dwelling on the 2nd half yesterday just looking at our overall offensive output.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom