1st P5 game Dino scores 40? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

1st P5 game Dino scores 40?

You're just going to have to trust me on this, but scoring a lot of points and losing actually is fun to watch.
If we're in shootouts and lose while keeping it close, I agree. In year one at BG they broke 30 once in their 6 loses and gave up 40 4 times, 50 in three of those, and 60 once. I don't think those would be fun to watch. Regardless, I won't get down because I know it's a process and the next year will be different.

sufandu said:
If we're in shootouts and lose while keeping it close, I agree. In year one at BG they broke 30 once in their 6 loses and gave up 40 4 times, 50 in three of those, and 60 once. I don't think those would be fun to watch. Regardless, I won't get down because I know it's a process and the next year will be different.

Should be noted that Ward was not the DC of that team and Dino had to move a friend out of the position in year one.

Should be noted that Ward was not the DC of that team and Dino had to move a friend out of the position in year one.
I wonder how much of the improvement was the change in DC vs the offense being better. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter.

Not sure what this thread is about, Dinos first p5 game is the ville on sat night and no, i dont think we hit 40 . That said, the ville and Bobby P bring in a good team with a talented, yet soph qb into the dome on a Friday and all i can think about is WVU and gino on that Friday night a few years back. We have a legit shot.;) GO CUSE!!!

sufandu said:
I wonder how much of the improvement was the change in DC vs the offense being better. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter.

The way they are both supposed to compliment each other - I'm not sure you can attribute it correctly. A little bit of column A and column B.

Not sure what this thread is about, Dinos first p5 game is the ville on sat night and no, i dont think we hit 40 . That said, the ville and Bobby P bring in a good team with a talented, yet soph qb into the dome on a Friday and all i can think about is WVU and gino on that Friday night a few years back. We have a legit shot.;) GO CUSE!!!
Are they down a defensive back now? I thought I read someplace one of their guys got shot.

OMG_CUSE_RULEs said:
Not to be a pessimist , but UConn has a pretty solid defense, especially the secondary. I doubt we'll put 20 on them

We scored under 20 once last year with a crappy system and a true freshman QB. We put 27 on the national championship game runner up with a walkon at QB.

I don't think we have to worry.

Also, not sure why Dinos BG trends are being translated to his first few years at the Cuse. He is in the deep end of the pool now. I am 100% in on dino ball but expecting 40 from this offense isn't fair. If the oline plays and stays healthy along with ED , yes, we can win 75% of our games.

Not to be a pessimist , but UConn has a pretty solid defense, especially the secondary. I doubt we'll put 20 on them

If we can't put 20 on Uconn, its going to be a long season.

OMG_CUSE_RULEs said:
Not saying it won't be a win. Just don't see us steamrolling them.

Yeah they have a good secondary that will tamp down some of our offense. But 20 is pretty dismal. I'm too lazy to look up the last time a Babers or Briles offense scored under 20 vs any team.

If I were UCONN I'd be nervous about keeping up.

The way they are both supposed to compliment each other - I'm not sure you can attribute it correctly. A little bit of column A and column B.
Obviously, we can never know whether a better offense or the change in DC had the bigger influence on the defensive numbers. But with a fast paced offense, it stands to reason that when it isn't quite clicking yet you give the ball back to the other team quickly without a score, whereas when it is clicking they don't get it back as quickly or often. That could amount to a 5 point swing.

Yeah they have a good secondary that will tamp down some of our offense. But 20 is pretty dismal. I'm too lazy to look up the last time a Babers or Briles offense scored under 20 vs any team.

If I were UCONN I'd be nervous about keeping up.
His first year at Bowling Green. They scored 20 or less 4 times.

Dino says it wont be running full bore this year.

we probably start P5 at LSU next year unless we play game 1.

It probably wont be an away game at UL, or FSU, or Miami or home vs Clemson

that leaves @Wake, @nc ST or home vs Pitt, BC

We expect so much so soon, but when does it happen

We are sitting on UL in sept of 2012 as the last time. 4 years.

11 times in the last decade. 4 against P5 schools if you count Uconn :)

Bowling green did it twice the last 2 years

It might be next year, between the 4th and the 6th game.

sufandu said:
His first year at Bowling Green. They scored 20 or less 4 times.

Thanks. Will be interesting. If our horrible O scored under 20 in 1 game last season, and they dipped under 4 times... Somethings gotta give.

(Keep in mind they were starting their 2nd string QB in year 1. The guy they had last season was way better. So much will key in Dungey's health.)

sufandu said:
Obviously, we can never know whether a better offense or the change in DC had the bigger influence on the defensive numbers. But with a fast paced offense, it stands to reason that when it isn't quite clicking yet you give the ball back to the other team quickly without a score, whereas when it is clicking they don't get it back as quickly or often. That could amount to a 5 point swing.

So could going up to #8 in INT. It's going to be hard to judge the defense for sure.

We averaged 25 pts/game last year with Lester's offense being run by a 2nd string true frosh QB and that number doesn't include the 47-0 thrashing of RI. If we regress from that then somebody needs to start answering some questions. Lester's offense was new too for anyone keeping track. I don't think this offense is going to take as long as people think to be highly effective, not 100% but effective nonetheless.

The more I think about, that offense was also being run by a walk-on. Dungey was pretty dinged up at times last year.

Pyle said:
We averaged 25 pts/game last year with Lester's offense being run by a 2nd string true frosh QB and that number doesn't include the 47-0 thrashing of RI. If we regress from that then somebody needs to start answering some questions. Lester's offense was new too for anyone keeping track. I don't think this offense is going to take as long as people think to be highly effective, not 100% but effective nonetheless. The more I think about, that offense was also being run by a walk-on. Dungey was pretty dinged up at times last year.

Yep. Axe is on the air tamping down expectations with every breath. I don't know of it will mean more wins - but I can't fathom being under 20 in any game this year.

UConn! ohhh wait they aren't P5.

husky_cat_door.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom