1st Time Back in the Dome since Covid | Syracusefan.com

1st Time Back in the Dome since Covid

AngryOtto

All Conference
Yesterday was my 1st time back in the Dome since Covid. Family came in from the west coast. Really liked all the upgrades. Roof, score boards, colored lights etc. D was great. O stumbled but team got the W. Great atmosphere. Student section was awesome. Cannot wait to get back.
My only complaint was that there were almost zero replays on critical plays. Barron’s targeting call was just one example. Not sure with all the new video boards why there would not be replays for the fans on all critical plays.

I don't think the refs do either.
And neither do the announcers. They were all saying the one on the Virginia linebacker wasn't targeting when it was the most blatant targeting penalty of the night. I would have been pi..ed if I was Justin Barron had that penalty been reversed

Targeting penalties seem to be completely wishy washy. Viewers don't understand what is or isn't targeting, announcers don't understand, and refs seem to be confused by it.

All I can gather is that targeting does not have to be helmet to helmet. If a player strikes another player with the crown of his helmet anywhere on an opposing player's body, that is targeting. At least that is the way it was called last night

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom