2,000+ in Portal | Syracusefan.com

2,000+ in Portal

Not all who enter will be seen again. Just saying.
Explore Hide And Seek GIF by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment

There’s probably around 4,300 D1 scholarship players. Take away 750-1000 as graduating seniors/no longer have eligibility and you get to over 55% of eligible players entered the transfer portal. Yikes.
It's insane, but may be more insane not to test your market value. Something needs to change.

Now that it’s just transactional for $$$ for year only, fans will start to treat them as pros, with that comes fans just ripping on guys who don’t perform. If u thought booing Taylor was harsh, wait till next winter. Maybe the kids and their handlers don’t care once they have the bag.

are there enough homes for that many players? what are the stats for guys who portal and don't find a home? I think of William Patterson, not highly recruited, a big man project, redshirted and did not play a minute last year. Who is going to take a flyer on him? I wonder if he ends up back at Syracuse if Red is open to keeping him.

At Atlantic 10 pricing.
Interesting paradox we find ourselves in. Football has been crushing it in recruiting. They have seemed to find good sources of NIL to deliver on the amount of high quality recruits and transfers we’ve landed. But Basketball, while only needed to landed 4 or 5 high quality recruits/transfers each year seems to have an NIL issue. What are the factors causing the different results?

Interesting paradox we find ourselves in. Football has been crushing it in recruiting. They have seemed to find good sources of NIL to deliver on the amount of high quality recruits and transfers we’ve landed. But Basketball, while only needed to landed 4 or 5 high quality recruits/transfers each year seems to have an NIL issue. What are the factors causing the different results?
Football alumni helping with funds.

Wow. D1 has 351 teams. 15 schollies per team = 5,265. 2000/5265 is...

38%!

Just wow.
According to Kenpom--362 D-I teams.

362 X 13 = 4706

2000/4706 = 42.5%

(Last words in "Bridge on the River Kwai".) Madness. Madness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom