2 games from Saturday | Syracusefan.com

2 games from Saturday

obliterata

always in chronological order
I just wanted to mention a couple games from this past Saturday that relate to the SU at Duke game:

1) Iowa State (at home) was trailing Oklahoma State by 2 with about 7 seconds to go in the game. Ok St inbounded the ball and was fouled with 5 seconds to go. An 89% FT shooter made the first of 2 giving Ok St a 3-point lead and then missed the second. Iowa St grabbed the rebound, went down the court, and sank a 3 at the buzzer to tie the game which they eventually won in overtime.

2) Pittsburgh (at Clemson) was trailing by 2 with less than 3 seconds to go in the game. Pitt stole the ball when Clemson inbounded it and made a 2-point basket at the buzzer to tie the game which they eventually won in overtime.

In both games teams were down 2 with the opponent inbounding the ball. They had less time than SU would've had without JB's technical fouls but they still came back and won.

I know the vast majority here were OK with JB getting the Ts at the end of the game - "the game was over"..."had to send a message"...etc - but I just wanted to point out that facing somewhat similar circumstances prior to the Ts (but with even more time) SU had a legitimate chance of winning. If Iowa St and Pitt can do it, we can do it too.

I was about standing up to a bully institution not game strategy. Have you watched Duke home games over the year? They weren't going to let us win that game.

Either way time to let it go and enjoy the tourny's don't ya think?

I just wanted to mention a couple games from this past Saturday that relate to the SU at Duke game:

1) Iowa State (at home) was trailing Oklahoma State by 2 with about 7 seconds to go in the game. Ok St inbounded the ball and was fouled with 5 seconds to go. An 89% FT shooter made the first of 2 giving Ok St a 3-point lead and then missed the second. Iowa St grabbed the rebound, went down the court, and sank a 3 at the buzzer to tie the game which they eventually won in overtime.

2) Pittsburgh (at Clemson) was trailing by 2 with less than 3 seconds to go in the game. Pitt stole the ball when Clemson inbounded it and made a 2-point basket at the buzzer to tie the game which they eventually won in overtime.

In both games teams were down 2 with the opponent inbounding the ball. They had less time than SU would've had without JB's technical fouls but they still came back and won.

I know the vast majority here were OK with JB getting the Ts at the end of the game - "the game was over"..."had to send a message"...etc - but I just wanted to point out that facing somewhat similar circumstances prior to the Ts (but with even more time) SU had a legitimate chance of winning. If Iowa St and Pitt can do it, we can do it too.
Who cares? It's done and over. You also forgot one important factor. Syracuse was playing against a coach K coached team. ISU and Pitt were not.

Capt. Tuttle said:
Who cares? It's done and over. You also forgot one important factor. Syracuse was playing against a coach K coached team. ISU and Pitt were not.

Plus JAB knows he screwed up. It happened once in 38 years. Except for the replays on TV most people have forgotten about it.

if I had the time I am sure I could find way more than two games where the guy hits both FTs and the game is over

add me to the "Who cares" and I am still glad he did it camp

this team needed to learn that they can't just squeak out wins every night

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom