#2 in Graduation Rates in the BE | Syracusefan.com

#2 in Graduation Rates in the BE

Considering we had 30 guys leave the program when marone took over, this is excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what are the majors for players in each program...that matters
Rutgers for some strange reason does not like to publish each player's field of study. I've been suspicious of their prowess since I found that out.

Rutgers for some strange reason does not like to publish each player's field of study. I've been suspicious of their prowess since I found that out.
our athletics website has the vast majority of our junior's and senior's concentrations. i'm assuming that most freshmen and sophomore aren't on there because they change frequently, as with most college students.

syracuse's website lists "academic interest" for freshmen or where a major isn't specified. more than nothing i suppose.

Most surprised by the number for UConn. They have had very good numbers for years, comparable to ours. Did a lot of players leave when Edsall bolted?
they learned from their hoops programs

our athletics website has the vast majority of our junior's and senior's concentrations. i'm assuming that most freshmen and sophomore aren't on there because they change frequently, as with most college students.

syracuse's website lists "academic interest" for freshmen or where a major isn't specified. more than nothing i suppose.

I stand corrected. Must be a new policy under Flood because in years past I would try to compare the majors of players that make the honor rolls, and Rutgers did not have them listed on their online roster nor in the PDF of the team's season guide. Was difficult to identify the walk ons also. Cudos to Flood for putting this information out.

Good job WVU. You and TCU brought the Big 12's GSR up considerably. Oklahoma and Texas are doing the conference proud with GSRs of 47% and 58% respectively.

Do you guys rotate the job as other schools board monitors?

rutgers better be #1 with the pathetic school they have. go ahead and throw the comments back at me but its true.

rutgers better be #1 with the pathetic school they have. go ahead and throw the comments back at me but its true.

Certain people always think that they know. You're one of them! I guess that you assume that every program at your institution is head and shoulders better than Rutgers? But...there are some academic things that Cuse is better at than Rutgers, and there are some academic programs Rutgers just simply blows Cuse out of the water with. Just deal with it.

Certain people always think that they know. You're one of them! I guess that you assume that every program at your institution is head and shoulders better than Rutgers? But...there are some academic things that Cuse is better at than Rutgers, and there are some academic programs Rutgers just simply blows Cuse out of the water with. Just deal with it.

Yikes! A Rutgirls stalker still trolling this board two weeks AFTER the game. Almost feels a little creepy...

Chicago St. had a grad rate of 9% in BBall. That's second worst in the country. The worst? UConn. That's unreal.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/38374/rutgers-one-of-national-leaders-in-grad-rates

Here are the GSRs for all eight Big East football programs:
  • Rutgers: 91
  • Syracuse: 79
  • Cincinnati: 70
  • Pitt: 70
  • UConn: 69
  • Louisville: 63
  • Temple: 66
  • USF: 53

Sure Syracuse had a graduation rate of 79 and Rutgers had a grad rate of 91, who cares? Their rate was higher, I get that. But what classes have they taken? Communications, Sociology... Our kids are taking Calculus and Chemistry and failing, but at least we took harder classes. The bottom line is Syracuse has the better student athletes, we just performed worse in the classroom for the last four years. We had several athletes that would have successfully graduated if not for mistakes that were made on their final exams. That was the difference. If our kids could go back to school for four more years, 8 times out of 10 we would graduate more kids than Rutgers. There is no doubt that we have the best 79% graduation rate in the country.

-Syracuse fan

Just having some fun fellas...

Sure Syracuse had a graduation rate of 79 and Rutgers had a grad rate of 91, who cares? Their rate was higher, I get that. But Syracuse has the better student athletes, we just performed worse in the classroom for the last four years. We had several athletes that would have successfully graduated if not for mistakes that were made on their final exams. That was the difference. If our kids could go back to school for four more years, 8 times out of 10 we would graduate more kids than Rutgers. There is no doubt that we have the best 79% graduation rate in the country.

-Syracuse fan

Just having some fun fellas...
Better yet, go back and replay the last 2 games . . . .

Rutgers should be commended for their graduation rate, its excellent at 91%. Hey if a Rutgers fan wants to come over and add their two cents its fine by me. Makes the board more interesting. I still read their board from time to time. Just remember its just a game... Say it out loud people.

Chicago St. had a grad rate of 9% in BBall. That's second worst in the country. The worst? UConn. That's unreal.

It's actually the other way around. UConn is second worst at 11%. Yikes.

Uconn finished in the bottom half of every single BE sponsored men's sport with the exception of their soccer team. They finished last in bball and CC/track. Granted, their teams may still have good scores but relative to other BE programs they are lagging.

Rutgers should be commended for their graduation rate, its excellent at 91%. Hey if a Rutgers fan wants to come over and add their two cents its fine by me. Makes the board more interesting. I still read their board from time to time. Just remember its just a game... Say it out loud people.

Thank you. Really proud of the way this program does things the right way. To be #1 in the classroom and #1 in the standings is a great feeling...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom