2 TD's on 2 LB's | Syracusefan.com

2 TD's on 2 LB's

SmilinBob

Living Legend
Matchups vs teams like NW are hard and I understand that but 2 of the TD's were scored over our LB's in the end zone. Did anyone watching the game see how this happened and we got caught in these positions?

We had too many LBs out there. It made sense the first 50 mins of the game when NW was a pass first team. The Vaughan TD you need to just tip your cap to NW. However that last drive we invited mismatches. I hope that the Okie this year does not have 3 LBs out there as it severely limits our capabilities in that package. We would be a lot better off with Esk playing the SS/LB hybrid and Desir at FS vs having one of Davis or Lynch trying to cover WRs all day.

Matchups vs teams like NW are hard and I understand that but 2 of the TD's were scored over our LB's in the end zone. Did anyone watching the game see how this happened and we got caught in these positions?

I know one was at least in part due to the helmet rule...Reddish had to come out for the mandatory 1 play which definately hurt, but then he stayed out for some reason...not sure if the TD occurred on the mandatory play or afterward...either way, Reddish is a nice step up in what is otherwise a scary secondary (in a bad way, not a good way)

LB's covering wr's not good no matter what way you look at it, NOT GOOD

LB's covering wr's not good no matter what way you look at it, NOT GOOD

I think Vaughan's was a rb who was fast as heck...just wanted to know where the safeties were.
We had too many LBs out there. It made sense the first 50 mins of the game when NW was a pass first team. The Vaughan TD you need to just tip your cap to NW. However that last drive we invited mismatches. I hope that the Okie this year does not have 3 LBs out there as it severely limits our capabilities in that package. We would be a lot better off with Esk playing the SS/LB hybrid and Desir at FS vs having one of Davis or Lynch trying to cover WRs all day.

That's kind of along my thinking as well. too many lb's but I do realize that the staff sees these kids in practice and put out the best combo for that type of situation.

I know one was at least in part due to the helmet rule...Reddish had to come out for the mandatory 1 play which definately hurt, but then he stayed out for some reason...not sure if the TD occurred on the mandatory play or afterward...either way, Reddish is a nice step up in what is otherwise a scary secondary (in a bad way, not a good way)

He was needed out there and I don't know if his helmet broke or what the case was. I know the rule is for 1 play and obviously something happened or they just couldn't get him out there in time for some reason.

Should have been in a dime. Were we even in a nickel?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

TD happened several plays after the mandatory 1 play.

Should have been in a dime. Were we even in a nickel?

We pretty much played a 3-3-5 most of the game which took Davis away from his strength which is attacking the LOS. Usually in the Okie package we have a 3-2-6 look. It will be interesting to see if the Okie is 3-3-5 this year (I hope not) or if we just used that special for NW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom