2 things on the TBT: | Syracusefan.com

2 things on the TBT:

He was crucial tonight. Only guy able to really put it on the floor against tight M2M and drive. Really impressed with him. Triche was solid too.

I was thinking while watching
tonight - how much Triche frustrated us all during his 4 years here, and how much we would have killed to have someone like him since Ennis left.

Playing the 2 never really fit his skillset IMO. I think he would've been an NBA player had he been a full time PG and not played with Scoop/MCW.

#3) it's a lot of fun watching all of the old players on the court in orange again. My memory is so foggy that I'd swear they all played at least one season together.

I also have trouble with that. Mainly, I can't believe how many years ago some of them graduated when it seems like yesterday.

A Triche/Devendorf backcourt would have been awesome had they played together up here. That was our best lineup yesterday. Those 2 can get to the basket at will and set up their teammates for better looks. Really fun to watch this group and wonder, what if?

I think it's good bad basketball.

For the middle of summer, I'll take it.

For whatever reason...I find it pretty enjoyable as well. I do think the Cuse proximity has a lot to do with it for me, but I also agree...it's kind of like watching a level that you don't see anywhere else. It's pretty fun to watch.

44cuse

For whatever reason...I find it pretty enjoyable as well. I do think the Cuse proximity has a lot to do with it for me, but I also agree...it's kind of like watching a level that you don't see anywhere else. It's pretty fun to watch.

44cuse
It's kind of brilliant how it renews regional fan bases. I definitely agree that I'm glad it's there, and getting the games on TV is like a reward for our fans. There isn't anything like it. I mean, the closest equivalent is what, old time's baseball exhibitions?

It's not great basketball, but that even works in the summertime.

I think this tournament is well on its way to becoming a big deal. It fits in nicely with the sports schedule...right after nba playoffs and summer league...before people start paying real attention to baseball pennant races...right around the time NFL training camps begin. companies love live sports content because its the one remaining form of entertainment where people really tend to want to watch live rather than record and skip commercials.

I think this tournament is well on its way to becoming a big deal. It fits in nicely with the sports schedule...right after nba playoffs and summer league...before people start paying real attention to baseball pennant races...right around the time NFL training camps begin. companies love live sports content because its the one remaining form of entertainment where people really tend to want to watch live rather than record and skip commercials.
And there is a element of field of dreams to it. People will come, Ray. There is great nostalgia to it.

It's kind of brilliant how it renews regional fan bases. I definitely agree that I'm glad it's there, and getting the games on TV is like a reward for our fans. There isn't anything like it. I mean, the closest equivalent is what, old time's baseball exhibitions?

It's not great basketball, but that even works in the summertime.

Exactly. I think you just nailed it. I LOVE watching our guys play. And there is a part of it where I'm like: "Yep, if you're balling in this thing, you love SU." And there is something awesome about that. At least for me.

44cuse

Exactly. I think you just nailed it. I LOVE watching our guys play. And there is a part of it where I'm like: "Yep, if you're balling in this thing, you love SU." And there is something awesome about that. At least for me.

44cuse
It's a chance for all these guys to redeem themselves for past losses and transgressions. Adds to their stories.

I don't mean to be a debbie downer because I enjoyed yesterday's game. It's certainly a bigger deal on this board and in Syracuse, but I think there may be an overestimation in how much excitement there is around the rest of the country before I say it's on it's way to becoming a big deal. Kansas and Kansas State both had alumni playing this year and as far as I have seen, there hasn't been any significant coverage or excitement here in the KC area. Even if you look at the vote totals, it's just a few thousand even for the leaders.

I don't mean to be a debbie downer because I enjoyed yesterday's game. It's certainly a bigger deal on this board and in Syracuse, but I think there may be an overestimation in how much excitement there is around the rest of the country before I say it's on it's way to becoming a big deal. Kansas and Kansas State both had alumni playing this year and as far as I have seen, there hasn't been any significant coverage or excitement here in the KC area. Even if you look at the vote totals, it's just a few thousand even for the leaders.
It's still on the new side. When Boeheim's Army wins this, a lot more people are going to want in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom