2 weeks in a row now | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2 weeks in a row now

I think the overturn was wrong but I am so consumed with rage over the incompetence of the team that I have no energy left for the crappy refs

I was far more upset over this one, than the refs ignoring the late hit by NC State after they blew the play dead.

Both were the refs blatantly ignoring the rules, but this one our guy got robbed of making a great play.

I saw the guys knee down and i saw whoever it was take the ball out after that. I understand the point but I also know if it was the other way around we’d be incensed that they didn’t over turn it. Also I have no clue what the refs had as far as video, it’s not just what u see on tv.
Yeah, but see, per the rules of video review... the video evidence has to be indisputable to overturn.

i have no doubt that the knee was down before the strip. but as stated above it was ruled a fumble and no video evidence angles provided showed otherwise.

Just listened to the Bailey-Whigham pod and Bailey again stated there was a different angle being passed around the press box that seemed to show the ball was clearly coming out before the knee was down. Like others, I would have had no issue had he been called down by contact on the field but the overturn was clearly based on "he was probably down." Absurd!

And to those who keep saying "We didn't play well enough to win anyway," did Pitt "deserve" to win? Did NC State. I need to check the rules but I believe one team or the other HAS to win no matter what they deserve.

Just listened to the Bailey-Whigham pod and Bailey again stated there was a different angle being passed around the press box that seemed to show the ball was clearly coming out before the knee was down. Like others, I would have had no issue had he been called down by contact on the field but the overturn was clearly based on "he was probably down." Absurd!

And to those who keep saying "We didn't play well enough to win anyway," did Pitt "deserve" to win? Did NC State. I need to check the rules but I believe one team or the other HAS to win no matter what they deserve.

Yup.

When officials blatantly ignore the rules that have been on the books for like 20 years, it just makes the whole thing look so scrubby and not even worth caring about. Low rent operation.

Yeah. The call on the field matters.

That’s not why we lost.

(sorry, had to).

If we get the ball at their 40, as we should have, we very well may have won the game, or gone to overtime.

I don’t get why people don’t think that’s a bigger deal even if we were sacked 49 times in the game.
If you watch sports , teams win games they have no business winning , so I for one don’t buy the “ Well we sucked so who cares that the refs screwed us”
We get the ball and finish the comeback a whole lot of things change from a emotional state. F ACC refs.

If you watch sports , teams win games they have no business winning , so I for one don’t buy the “ Well we sucked so who cares that the refs screwed us”
We get the ball and finish the comeback a whole lot of things change from a emotional state. F ACC refs.

Right?! This isn't figure skating - there are no style points! The team that scores the most points, no matter how they look scoring them deserves to win. It's in the rule book, I believe.

Right?! This isn't figure skating - there are no style points! The team that scores the most points, no matter how they look scoring them deserves to win. It's in the rule book, I believe.

Ha, you never know though. These refs could just say (as in the apparent late fumble overturn) Pitt was winning the entire game, etc...they deserved to win regardless of the final score. ;)

Ha, you never know though. These refs could just say (as in the apparent late fumble overturn) Pitt was winning the entire game, etc...they deserved to win regardless of the final score. ;)

Well THAT explains it! :)

The worst refs are in football - both NFL and pro. Waaaay too much power to influence a game.

The second worst are college hoops.

Unfortunately those are the sports we discuss here.

NBA and NHL refs generally suck too, especially in the playoffs. MLB umps are probably the “best”, which is saying something.

Did the ACC say there was a reverse angle that shows the runner down? I mean, I don’t see how we could have actually ripped the ball from him before he hit the ground, given physics. But if the ref screwed up and there was no reverse angle to determine that, it’s the usual incompetence we were nailed with.

And to be clear, it’s not some “Yankee” thing. ACC refs suck. Badly. Watch any game, has nothing to do with geography.

NBA and NHL refs generally suck too, especially in the playoffs. MLB umps are probably the “best”, which is saying something.

Did the ACC say there was a reverse angle that shows the runner down? I mean, I don’t see how we could have actually ripped the ball from him before he hit the ground, given physics. But if the ref screwed up and there was no reverse angle to determine that, it’s the usual incompetence we were nailed with.

And to be clear, it’s not some “Yankee” thing. ACC refs suck. Badly. Watch any game, has nothing to do with geography.
Yeah but it's more fun to grouse about the Yankee thing.

so well the body slam by hamlin was ultraviolent it certainly wasn't after the whistle. are we gauging tackles now ? anybody upset when we lay a lick on someone ? cisco and coley are both bangers. donovan darius was a major headhunter and likely approves this message. we've defined targeting. that wasn't close.
As a matter of fact yes. It has been illegal to pick a guy up and then plant him into the turf for several years now. Something about protecting the head and keeping concussions to a minimum.

Not just ACC either. Go listen to Will Muschamp's postgame comments. I watched some of their game against Florida, some really questionable calls. Missed an obvious false start on a long Florida TD. How is that not reviewable?

South Carolina fans were littering the field with their towels. Or at least trying to, before they figured out that towels don't travel far when you throw them.

everything about the ACC organization sucks. but they have good schools and don't need to be any good at the office stuff

if your broadcast has to fed ex fake chicken to a tailgate to advertise a restaurant that doesn't have a location within 40,000 miles of the two schools playing a game, i'm going to think your whole operation is lazy and dumb and I'm going to assume that extends to how they select referees too

this post was brought to you by food lion which I can only assume sells food, i wouldn't know because i don't shop for groceries 8 states away

Not just ACC either. Go listen to Will Muschamp's postgame comments. I watched some of their game against Florida, some really questionable calls. Missed an obvious false start on a long Florida TD. How is that not reviewable?

South Carolina fans were littering the field with their towels. Or at least trying to, before they figured out that towels don't travel far when you throw them.
Your description of the towels reminds of the guy who tries to slam the screen door that's on a storm door closer and literally won't ever slam.

I've seen refs do something I've never seen before.

Last week, not throw a flag after a QB got dropped clearly after the whistle.

This week, overrule the call on the field without anything close to conclusive video evidence that made it 100% clear it should be overturned.

BIG OL' DISCLAIMER - I'M NOT SAYING WE SHOULDN'T HAVE PLAYED BETTER AND CONTROLLED WHAT WE CAN CONTROL, JUST ACKNOWLEDGING THAT FOR TWO STRAIGHT WEEKS I'VE SEEN THE OFFICIALS DO THINGS I'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE.

Quite frankly, I don't like it.

Wait til you see what they've cooked up for next week! :cool::p:oops::rolleyes:

They called it on Trill a couple weeks ago in the Dome, so it would stand to reason that SU fans would want that called.

Don't over think it.

Further more the flag was out on trill as the Holy Cross player hit the ground but it took the refs a solid minute Vs Pitt to decide there was no reason they could come up with to avoid having to throw the flag on them. I get Southern bias by why against Pitt? Is there something different about our team from the rest of the ACC that doesn't fly in a southern based organisation? Hmmmm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom