2003 Championship Watch Party At The Dome Role Call | Syracusefan.com

2003 Championship Watch Party At The Dome Role Call

JDubbin

The ONLY Syracuse Sneakers Avatar Guy
After watching the Championship Game last night (gonna rewatch with the Facebook Live synced up), I was wondering who had their 2003 Final Four + Championship experience watching the game at the Dome on the big screen?

my friends & I did both games, after beating Texas we tried to sit in the exact same spot for the Kansas game. I remembered thinking when Warrick missed the Free Throws that we were somehow going to blow the Championship opportunity. Good thing I missed that one!

I went our to Marshall Street & the Sheraton after the game. I don’t really drink at all, and didn’t in college, but I remember the euphoria of winning akin to basically being drunk. Riot police were out on Marshall Street, lamps were being thrown off of balconies inside the Sheraton, it was mayhem. I’m 6’4, I had a buddy on my shoulders at one point without his shirt on swinging it around his head like a lasso. I showed up at class, half delirious from from the events... and a couple of classmates said they saw me on the news with my friend on my shoulders, I had no idea the footage was being taken.

Great memories from an amazing run by the Orange, it is, and will be, easily my favorite championship from any team... I wasn’t at New Orleans for it, but I was certainly at the next best option!

Were you at the Dome that night? What was it like and how’d you celebrate?

I was holding my son. Exactly one week shy of his first birthday. It was my routine to feed him and hold him until half time of every game and put him down at half time. We were doing so well in the championship game in the first half, I didn’t dare put him down in the second half. When we won, I was happy but basketball didn’t mean quite as much anymore.

Nope, but I was at the championship celebration at the Dome. Would love to see some video footage of that. Place was rocking as loud as any game.

I’m all for chaos and I remember the footage from Marshall street but like always there are limits... legit destruction of property is never okay unless it’s after the Butler, Vermont, or OSU games. And yes I’ve had stupid moments in college. Even a championship isn’t an excuse to light shh on fire.

Watched the Texas game in my dorm room (Oswego State) with some friends. I remember the weather being awful that day. My best friend from HS happened to be on break that week from RIT, so he drove up to OSU to watch with us. He really braved the weather!

A bunch of us (maybe 8-10) drove up from The REAL OSU to the Dome for the title game. We partied on Marshall Street at Konrad's before the game. A few of the guys weren't quite 21 yet, but a friend of mine from High School was bartending and was able to get them in without issue. Atmosphere in the Dome was awesome, and when we won, I just remember feeling a sense of euphoria and relief. Finally, a title!

After the game we went down to Marshall Street, and it was just nuts. I recall things being thrown and police in riot gear only 2 or 3 "rows" of people from us. That was more than enough for us, so we got in our cars and made the drive back to school. It wasn't worth fighting crowds to try and get a beer, and getting arrested or hit with a beer bottle didn't seem like the wise choice. All that said, what a great time!

I was at the carrier dome that night. Was in syracuse for an interview for grad school the next day. I was completely sold on SU after that experience!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom