2003 one shining moment-Where were you? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2003 one shining moment-Where were you?

Row 19 sitting next to the Duany family. Hugged and kissed them all after the win.

After the game, I ran into them at the Marriott. The Duany's, the McNamara's, Sean Kerins. Everybody.

Was at my apartment in Houston with my wife and dog. The dog had been a Kansas fan all through the tournament which caused no small amount of tension in our house, but she changed over to Syracuse right before the championship game. At that point I really thought "we got this."

The first half went so great it was almost a fear that the other shoe was going to drop and it almost did. The three of us were jumping up and down like crazy after the game. Couldn't believe it.

Was stressing in my living room feeling guilty at sending my son to bed- he was 10 and had school the next day. I STILL hate myself for that but it was fun getting him up. My poor dog sensed stress and skulked to another room. Probably woke up the neighborhood when Hak blocked the shot.

Living in South Boston in Andrew Square. Went to first two rounds at the Garden. Not sure how we came back against Ok State. Never saw game again but feel like Jeremy McNeil was huge in it

Watched final on Landsdown Street. Friend from nyc left a rambling vm after game just saying “we did it we did it we did it we did it”

Two days later on my door was a bag from the super dome. Friend of mine was in New Orleans on biz and got me a shirt.

Alone in my now retired blue Lazy Boy recliner (although 2nd half was mostly pacing about anxiously like a 100-day chipper at a Jim Beam distillery tour).

Wife and toddlers had escaped the ice storm to the in-laws an hour away while I listened to the dolcid tones of Jim Nantz above the rumble of the generator.

Only two things were plugged in that night, the TV and me to the hopes and joy of Orange Nation.

I was at my apartment in Overland Park, Kansas. So not the best One Shining Moment story but I did enjoy greeting all my KU friends at work the next day with a big smirk on my face.

I was at my house and my buddies who I just went down to Charlotte with were there too!

I was in Albany the previous weekend for the Auburn and Oklahoma games. The arena was insane! It was back when the "Hey Song" was still played by the band. The sweet people from down in Oklahoma had no idea what they were getting themselves into. I miss those days! When attending tournaments you see how the SU Pep Band typically pales in comparison to the other team bands as far as crowd interaction goes.

It was never more apparent than in Buffalo when Cuse played Dayton in 2014. Their band was getting their crowd into the game with catchy tunes etc. Think of the movie Drumline where the other band was playing popular crowd friendly songs and our band was playing classical stuff. If there was ever a game Cuse fans needed some energy that was it because the basketball was boring for sure.

That weekend in Albany was special. And I have never heard a louder crowd than the Knick for SU/OSU anywhere ever.

I was at my house and my buddies who I just went down to Charlotte with were there too!

I was in Albany the previous weekend for the Auburn and Oklahoma games. The arena was insane! It was back when the "Hey Song" was still played by the band. The sweet people from down in Oklahoma had no idea what they were getting themselves into. I miss those days! When attending tournaments you see how the SU Pep Band typically pales in comparison to the other team bands as far as crowd interaction goes.

It was never more apparent than in Buffalo when Cuse played Dayton in 2014. Their band was getting their crowd into the game with catchy tunes etc. Think of the movie Drumline where the other band was playing popular crowd friendly songs and our band was playing classical stuff. If there was ever a game Cuse fans needed some energy that was it because the basketball was boring for sure.

As an aside, the problem isn’t the SU pep band, it’s SU fans. They don’t care to do college stuff. The one song they ever participated in en masse was a song that literally every arena on earth plays, with lyrics stolen from the Maryland student section.

I spent the entire second half of the champ game standing in my living room cradling my sleeping 3 week old daughter in my arms. It was awesome.

As an aside, the problem isn’t the SU pep band, it’s SU fans. They don’t care to do college stuff. The one song they ever participated in en masse was a song that literally every arena on earth plays, with lyrics stolen from the Maryland student section.

I spent the entire second half of the champ game standing in my living room cradling my sleeping 3 week old daughter in my arms. It was awesome.

Agreed. My only problem with the band is not their fault at all...it’s that they don’t seem to get to play enough IMO.

I wish they’d leave the horrific piped in music to minor league sports where it belongs.

At the Dome w Obie9 ... unfortunately Carrier, not Super! We traveled to both First/second rounds & Sweet 16/Elite 8 weekends then couldn’t get the time off work.

We missed One Shining Moment because the place was so crazy they turned it off on the Dome- had to watch on replays

Vowed never to miss another ab
Nd haven’t since. Heading to SLC on our way to this year’s

Marissa! Rally Baby! Born on Selection Sunday! Cannot believe she is now 16. Happy Birthday, Marissa.

Watched the Texas game after the ice storm on a small battery operated tv on a small folding tv table in front of our family room wood burning fireplace, our only source of heat. Had gone to Albany for our NCAA games - what a difference in viewing experiences but all of it absolutely unforgettable.

All alone in my room in my frat at Syracuse (too nervous to watch with anyone else). I'd count down the media time outs - under 16, under 12, until 0:00. I just remember getting back to my room that night and turning on ESPN and seeing the aftermath and such and just not believing it. I still have my champagne bottle we celebrated with postgame. Went to the first four games of the tournament that year (ran out of money for New Orleans but still have my unused tickets). Probably the best memories of my life.

Watched the game in my house with Orangeyes, Mrs. Orangeyes and Blood Orange and his family. We had watched every game at my house. We discussed rotating where we watched the games, but we were all too superstitious to change locations.

Hollis and Quannas were clueless against the zone.

My son was a student at ESF, and he and I took a 32 hour Greyhound bus to New Orleans, could not get decent priced air tickets. We were in the 600 level seats. That trip and being there together is one of our great memories together. It was worth it all, we went nuts in the superdome and celebrated on Bourbon street into the wee hours.

In the Super Dome and after hours of partying a great elevator ride w/ Bill "Send it in Jerome" Raftery, who gave me his Final Four guide book. A simply wonderful weekend.

I was watching the game on my little 13" TV in my home office because that's where I started watching the tournament games and they kept winning, so I wasn't going to jinx things by watching on the 45" Plasma TV in the family room. After jumping around and shouting after the victory, I did finally watch the post-game on the big TV.
Still, I keep kicking myself for not getting tickets to the games in Albany, although, maybe it was for the best as maybe that would have jinxed them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom