2012-13 Roster up... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2012-13 Roster up...

This reminds me of something interesting I heard this week. Apparently, Marrone thinks the whole number thing is complete nonsense and really doesn't want to deal with it, especially when players want to switch numbers.
Isn't that the equipment manager's deal anyways?

Anselmo, Assistan head coach/Linebackers.

Schafer is still DC/secondary

Edsall might be the first kid to transfer into Maryland in the Edsall era.

Does the ACC have a "No Transfer Within Conference" rule like the BE does?

I know we aren't "officially" in yet, just curious. Also wonder if that rule (or the standard NCAA-wide sit out a year rule) applies to walkon transfers at all, or only scholarship athletes.

Also wonder if that rule (or the standard NCAA-wide sit out a year rule) applies to walkon transfers at all, or only scholarship athletes.

It does. A walk on DT had to sit out last year after transferring from Morehouse College in Georgia.

I'm missing something: Did Mario Tull leave?

Could have sworn he was there earlier this morning.

Of course Broyld and MyDavis were originally missing ... I guess they'll be making corrections for a few days.

Miller was not allowed back. Edsall is transferring I believe, maybe to MD.

Transferring TO Edsall's team? Well there's a man-bites-dog item.

Adonis still at 5' 10" and 244. Is that what he was listed at last year? Maybe heights/weights haven't been adjusted? Pretty please?
I'm 5'10" and there is no chance that AAM is under 6'. He is one big dude, but he has that teddy bear type personality.

I'm 5'10" and there is no chance that AAM is under 6'. He is one big dude, but he has that teddy bear type personality.
Hey, I'm worried that some of the players might shrink like Spruill did between his frosh to soph years. Imagine the meltdown if Macky weighs-in at or below last year's roster numbers!

Hey, I'm worried that some of the players might shrink like Spruill did between his frosh to soph years. Imagine the meltdown if Macky weighs-in at or below last year's roster numbers!
Trust me, Macky has added probably ten to twenty pounds by the look of it. It's pretty noticeable that he has gained weight since the fall.

Trust me, Macky has added probably ten to twenty pounds by the look of it. It's pretty noticeable that he has gained weight since the fall.

Unpossible! Macky's diets only consist if salads and disappointment, and I can't be convinced otherwise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muscle mass or just mass? Listing him at 269 lbs last year seemed generous but if he is actually tipping the scales at a legit 270-280 and it's not all fluff then our OLine will be alot better off.

Did you happen to notice if he grew 4-5 inches too?

That sounds promising. Lets hope that 1, its good weight and 2, he can keep it through the season.

Did you happen to notice if he grew 4-5 inches too?
Height really doesn't matter for a center. Smaller is probably better for leverage if he can stay low. If he's 6'2'', 295lbs, we'll be in good shape.

Height, not really but maybe an inch; I really don't think he's gotten any taller, but I don't think his height is all that big of a deal. It's definitely muscle mass that he has put on, and maybe a little bit of just regular mass whatever that could mean to you. His diet does seem to consist of salads, but I've noticed he eats a lot of protein in his sandwiches as well. I think he'll do very well this season; just overall I'm excited about the line for this year.

Height, not really but maybe an inch; I really don't think he's gotten any taller, but I don't think his height is all that big of a deal. It's definitely muscle mass that he has put on, and maybe a little bit of just regular mass whatever that could mean to you. His diet does seem to consist of salads, but I've noticed he eats a lot of protein in his sandwiches as well. I think he'll do very well this season; just overall I'm excited about the line for this year.

What's not to be excited about? There is nowhere to go but up!

Hoov, what ever became of the Walton lineman who went to Alfred State to play? Did he decide he was done with football, or continue to play post-transfer? Thought for sure those two fellas (brothers IIRC) were D-1 material. The other I believe played at Wagner.

Hoov, what ever became of the Walton lineman who went to Alfred State to play? Did he decide he was done with football, or continue to play post-transfer? Thought for sure those two fellas (brothers IIRC) were D-1 material. The other I believe played at Wagner.

Both went to Alfred and started there and then both ended up going to some NAIA in Oklahoma. One is still there redshirted with a shoulder injury and the other apparently didn't have his coursework taken care of (which he didn't find out until he got there) and for the time being is done with football. They got a lot of mid D1 looks at Alfred but for whatever reason ended up NAIA.