2012 had more yards per game and 10 fewer points per game | Syracusefan.com

2012 had more yards per game and 10 fewer points per game

Wow. I would never guess that many more rushing td's. I guess I forget how much Dungey scews that number.

Another factor there, 2012 secondary dropped A LOT of interceptions as I recall. How many picks did the secondary drop this year, like two?

Nassib had to drive farther and didn't get 17 or 26 yard short fields much.

I know the game at Cincinnati would have likely been different up 24-21 if they score that easy pick 6 flutterball that was dropped.

make the good drives count
2012 had a better TD conversion percentage

krautman was 15 for 23, szmyt was 30 for 34. better place kicking accounts for 10% of the difference in points

there were three dud games in 2012 and only one this year

this offense has a pretty high floor

Isn't that around the time we would go "heavy" package at the goal line and get constantly stuffed? This year, we were able to hammer it in. I don't think we ever settled for a FG or lost the ball when we were inside the 5 yard line.

2012 had a better TD conversion percentage

krautman was 15 for 23, szmyt was 30 for 34. better place kicking accounts for 10% of the difference in points

there were three dud games in 2012 and only one this year

this offense has a pretty high floor

Looks like I may be wrong. I just remember the frustration of not being able to win the LOS at the goal line.

a powerful running game with more explosive plays on the ground will be the last piece for this O

Isn't that around the time we would go "heavy" package at the goal line and get constantly stuffed? This year, we were able to hammer it in. I don't think we ever settled for a FG or lost the ball when we were inside the 5 yard line.
That was one of the weirdest parts about the 2012 team. Jerome Smith only scored 3 touchdowns that year. One was from 8 yards, one was from like 35, and one was from a yard and a half. He rushed for 1171 that year.

a powerful running game with more explosive plays on the ground will be the last piece for this O
yeah, there is a whole giant chunk of the baylor offense that we haven't seen. lache seastrunk running for 9 yards a carry even though he wasn't really anything special. we all admire strickland's dedication and effort so I'm not trying to rag on him but i can't wait to see howard and adams next year

Red zone efficiency had to be WAY better this year.

Red zone efficiency had to be WAY better this year.
it's not. turnover margin is better this year - gained 11 more turnovers. trying to find numbers about short td drives

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom