2012 NCAA Financial Reporting | Syracusefan.com

2012 NCAA Financial Reporting

GoSU96

Living Legend
The Equity in Athletics Data is out for 2012. This still reflects BE dollars for SU, Louisville, Pitt and ND.

Not sure how TGD is cooking the books, if he is, but SU's revenues keep growing year over year and SU keeps climbing up the rankings compared to the rest of D1. SU should see an immediate bump of at least $14M overall and approximately $10M relative to the current ACC, once the ACC TV contract dollars start coming in.

Some quick SU related notes.

Louisville ($42M), SU ($26M), Duke($26M), Arizona($25M), UK($23M) and Indiana($21M) are the only schools with over $20M in mens basketball revenue. SU and UK are the only two schools over $20M in basketball and $30M in football.

SU was 37th in total revenue in 2012 with $76M. #2 in basketball, #33 in football. SU also reported $9.7M in "profit" (Revenue-Expenses), which is the 12th highest.

Using the configuration of the ACC going forward including Louisville and ND and excluding UMd, SU had the 2nd highest basketball revenue, 5th in football revenue, and 7th in total revenue.

SU was 2nd lowest in the non allocated revenue category, which is where student fees, school and state dollars, and non specific fundraising is usually accounted for. Without insight into the details, unlike state institutions it's impossible to see how SU is allocating revenue from all sources.

Within five years I'm hoping we are $44 million in revenue in football and $44 million in revenue in basketball.

LGO!!!

Cheers,
Neil

The Equity in Athletics Data is out for 2012. This still reflects BE dollars for SU, Louisville, Pitt and ND.

Not sure how TGD is cooking the books, if he is, but SU's revenues keep growing year over year and SU keeps climbing up the rankings compared to the rest of D1. SU should see an immediate bump of at least $14M overall and approximately $10M relative to the current ACC, once the ACC TV contract dollars start coming in.

Some quick SU related notes.

Louisville ($42M), SU ($26M), Duke($26M), Arizona($25M), UK($23M) and Indiana($21M) are the only schools with over $20M in mens basketball revenue. SU and UK are the only two schools over $20M in basketball and $30M in football.

SU was 37th in total revenue in 2012 with $76M. #2 in basketball, #33 in football. SU also reported $9.7M in "profit" (Revenue-Expenses), which is the 12th highest.

Using the configuration of the ACC going forward including Louisville and ND and excluding UMd, SU had the 2nd highest basketball revenue, 5th in football revenue, and 7th in total revenue.

SU was 2nd lowest in the non allocated revenue category, which is where student fees, school and state dollars, and non specific fundraising is usually accounted for. Without insight into the details, unlike state institutions it's impossible to see how SU is allocating revenue from all sources.
how in the world are they 33 in football?

i'm not doubting that your numbers are what they say, i'm just baffled at how it could be

Within five years I'm hoping we are $44 million in revenue in football and $44 million in revenue in basketball.

LGO!!!

Cheers,
Neil
Get Keeley on it!

i'm not doubting that your numbers are what they say, i'm just baffled at how it could be

MetLife Stadium, 1 game a year. Willing to bet that this makes a huge difference, more than people think.

The non-allocated revenue being low is not surprising. If any student fees were used to supplement athletics at SU, I think there would be torches and pitchforks involved with an uprising of faculty tossing the athletic department employees from the Dome roof.

Millhouse said:
how in the world are they 33 in football? i'm not doubting that your numbers are what they say, i'm just baffled at how it could be

Dome foam

When I looked at this stuff a few years ago it was clear that there really wasn't much to be learned from these figures. Most public schools simply reported that they broke even.

Many schools charge students an athletics fee to help support their athletics programs. Based on my son's fees, it looks like GA Tech's AD gets more than $3.6M that way (14,500 undergrads * $127 * 2 semesters).

NJSU should be getting a ton more than that. Based on this article, Rutgers athletics received $28.5M from the university in 2010-11. $9M was directly from student fees.

In the link in my signature you'll see some figures (2010?) for the FBS private schools.

When I looked at this stuff a few years ago it was clear that there really wasn't much to be learned from these figures. Most public schools simply reported that they broke even.

Many schools charge students an athletics fee to help support their athletics programs. Based on my son's fees, it looks like GA Tech's AD gets more than $3.6M that way (14,500 undergrads * $127 * 2 semesters).

NJSU should be getting a ton more than that. Based on this article, Rutgers athletics received $28.5M from the university in 2010-11. $9M was directly from student fees.

In the link in my signature you'll see some figures (2010?) for the FBS private schools.

I wouldn't say there's not much to learn.

Yup, that's the number that jumps out at me too. SU must be charging a hell of a lot of money for those scrolling ribbon boards. Or SU fans are drinking a $#!+load of $7.50 beers.