2012 Schedule Redux | Syracusefan.com

2012 Schedule Redux

FAU
1AA
Houston

or go balls out with Mizzou, Oklahoma, Nebraska

Mark with 9 games on the schedule and 4 H 4 A and 1 N game do we need 1 or 2 H games? Would the TGD try and sell the Metlife game as one of 6 H games? I figure a 1-AA will be one of the 3 games at home. Also, with @WVU off the books Dr. Gross should use that game off the schedule to go on the road somewhere and bank a future home game.

Mark with 9 games on the schedule and 4 H 4 A and 1 N game do we need 1 or 2 H games? Would the TGD try and sell the Metlife game as one of 6 H games? I figure a 1-AA will be one of the 3 games at home. Also, with @WVU off the books Dr. Gross should use that game off the schedule to go on the road somewhere and bank a future home game.

Make them all home games. Why limit yourself.

I agree above 1-AA, and two non BCS opponents.

We can't buy 3 home games. We can definitely buy the 1-AA, but with the other two games I wouldn't mind an FAU or somebody else we should beat, but with the WVU game off the books I would try and get the most high profile team we can get and go to their place next year and have an appealing game at the Dome in the future.

I'd go with Mizzou (mutual need), UTSA (which is 1AA-ish), and MTSU or FAU (for recruiting purposes).

I was told by someone in MFH I trust that the Meadowlands game will not be sold as part of the home season tix package.

we have this..I took out @WVU
We have 4 home games, 4 away games and 1 psuedo home vs USC
We can safely figure we'll try to add 2 home (vs a lower major and a 1AA) and 1 away probably versus a lower major

I'd be calling FAU, MTSU and UTSA looking for 2 for 1s. The first one that sez yes for 2012 can get us on the road this year. Another option would be to work with an ACC school on a 3 way swap. Once again I ask why did we lose Tulane off the schedule?

Sat, September 1 NORTHWESTERN#
Sat, September 8 Southern California @ East Rutherford, NJ
Sat, September 22 at Minnesota

TBA PITTSBURGH

TBA LOUISVILLE
TBA at Cincinnati
TBA at South Florida
TBA CONNECTICUT
TBA at Rutgers

I hope we play FAU at their stadium, because it's 5 minutes from my house.

Make them all home games. Why limit yourself.

I agree above 1-AA, and two non BCS opponents.

I would ask two low majors (UTSA, FAU, MTSU) to commit to 2 for 1s or worse case 3 for 2s...we might have to entice one with an away game in 2012. The WVU was away this year so we can afford it this year to schedule one away and set ourselves up with more home games in the out years.

I was told by someone in MFH I trust that the Meadowlands game will not be sold as part of the home season tix package.

We can safely figure we'll try to add 2 home (vs a lower major and a 1AA) and 1 away probably versus a lower major

I'd be calling FAU, MTSU and UTSA looking for 2 for 1s. The first one that sez yes for 2012 can get us on the road this year. Another option would be to work with an ACC school on a 3 way swap. Once again I ask why did we lose Tulane off the schedule?

TBA PITTSBURGH

TBA LOUISVILLE
TBA at Cincinnati
TBA at South Florida
TBA CONNECTICUT
TBA at Rutgers
Tulane was never specifically mentioned for 2012. IMO having them as a week 1 or week 2 opponent in 2013 or 2014 is fine with me. I like Mikekan's suggestion go to Mizzou next year and bank them as a future home game at the Dome.

1BCS, 1 non BCS, 1 FBS should be the weakest we go. We aren't Rutgers.

Sent from my DROIDX

TBA PITTSBURGH

TBA LOUISVILLE
TBA at Cincinnati
TBA at South Florida
TBA CONNECTICUT
TBA at Rutgers
Trying to increase your post count with the double post?

TBA PITTSBURGH

TBA LOUISVILLE
TBA at Cincinnati
TBA at South Florida
TBA CONNECTICUT
TBA at Rutgers
Trying to increase your post count with the double post?:D

Sent from my DROIDX

We'd still have a better OOC schedule than they usually do...I'd like 2 of the 3 at the minimum to be likely wins. I'd like to see 7 wins this year. We are going to the ACC so our schedule will be improving anyways.

Sent from my DROIDX

OOC is already USC , @Minny, and vs Nwestern. That's plenty of BCS opponents.

OOC is already USC , @Minny, and vs Nwestern. That's plenty of BCS opponents.

We should be replacing WVU with a BCS not a D2. 1BCS, 1 non-BCS, 1 1AA.

We should be replacing @ WVU with a home game.

Where did I say play a D2 school?

exactly, the non bcs and the d1aa should still be worked on like usual.

now they need to replace the bcs team (wv).

lets just go to mizzou and get waxed...and see if they can con 1 of smiss, uab, nevada, new mex st, fla at, louis-laf and mid tenn to come here.

non of the future bmw schools will likely play us as they will be filling up the sched of the rest of the leftbehinds.

the problem SU is facing is that the early part of the schedule is filled. they cant swap a d1aa with a bcs and go there while fitting the d1aa in a week or so later.

I wouldn't shy away from TTech as the BCS opponent. They need a game and have been struggling of late.

exactly, the non bcs and the d1aa should still be worked on like usual.

now they need to replace the bcs team (wv).

lets just go to mizzou and get waxed...and see if they can con 1 of smiss, uab, nevada, new mex st, fla at, louis-laf and mid tenn to come here.

non of the future bmw schools will likely play us as they will be filling up the sched of the rest of the leftbehinds.

the problem SU is facing is that the early part of the schedule is filled. they cant swap a d1aa with a bcs and go there while fitting the d1aa in a week or so later.

I'd stay away from Smiss. They won CUSA last year beating Houston. I would play UTEP, Houston or TTech before I scheduled them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom