2012 Schedule with WVU gone | Syracusefan.com

2012 Schedule with WVU gone

Rocco

Watching you.
So who will we pick up? I'd like to see us grab a quality opponent if that is even possible at this point. Steer clear of the Rutgers' style of scheduling NYS Class D opponents.

So who will we pick up? I'd like to see us grab a quality opponent if that is even possible at this point. Steer clear of the Rutgers' style of scheduling NYS Class D opponents.

1-AA and a lower division MAC or Sunbelt team.

Schedule for success.

The OCC already has three BCS teams, including top 3 USC. That's plenty quality enough.

WVU is going to have to play some out of conference games. None of the "left-behind" Big East teams are going to schedule them, but it is not outside the realm of possibility that they wind up on sked of Pitt and/or SU.

WVU is going to have to play some out of conference games. None of the "left-behind" Big East teams are going to schedule them, but it is not outside the realm of possibility that they wind up on sked of Pitt and/or SU.
Makes sense, especially if they are willing to give us the 2012 home game in lieu of some future date at Morgantown.

Schedule for success is right. Get a cupcake.

Schedule for success.

The OCC already has three BCS teams, including top 3 USC. That's plenty quality enough.

Completely agree. Next year is important. No need to add a BCS team.

At this point, I wonder how many BCS (besides BE) teams even have an opening next year. One of the board researchers please... :)

Schedule for success.

Yep, Northwestern and Minny on the schedule, and oh yeah, a likely Top 3 USC team. That's plenty, and 2012 is looking more transition than people will hope for. Schedule light on what's left, work in some backup QB reps (yeah I know we didn't exactly blow out the 1AA team this year).

2012 will beat out 2004 for the most uninteresting conference schedule in relatively short history of SU playing conference football games.

Make sense but I'd rather not risk losing the Schwartzwalder trophy.

At this point, I wonder how many BCS (besides BE) teams even have an opening next year. One of the board researchers please... :)
I think I may have found a possibility for 2 games... still need to find a 3rd (assuming WVU goes poof).