2012 SU Defense | Syracusefan.com

2012 SU Defense

Rocco

Watching you.
Clearly way ahead of myself here, but next year's D is going to be absurd. Only losing Marinovich and Scott. Woah.

storage_wars_dave_nov2010.jpg

YYEEEEPPPPPPP!!!

Clearly way ahead of myself here, but next year's D is going to be absurd. Only losing Marinovich and Scott. Woah.
I'm very optimistic that 2012 will mark our return to the Top 25.

Let's just hope we can hang onto Shafer that long.

Minor tweak: we also lose Ball at DE (starting now in place of Chandler) and back-up safety Fisher.

Then, add back: Chandler, Eskridge, Myles Davis; let the kids grow up.

Most excited about seeing what Bromley, Goggins, and Crume can do after another year of experience and S&C.

Most excited about seeing what Bromley, Goggins, and Crume can do after another year of experience and S&C.
How about the linebackers and DBs too?

LBs: Spruill, Davis, Lynch, Vaughn, Coker, Diabate, Myles
DBs: Lyn, Anderson, Thomas, Thomas, Wilkes, Reddish, DE3, Shu, Desir

IT IS MADNESS...

I am very proud with how this defense has performed despite injury and youth. And I think we are going to see some very interesting things next year.

I think it is all going to start with the DTs. I am not sure what the rotation will be, but adding the experience of our current main guys and Sloan to the mix, should only help. I also wonder what will happen at DE. I am sure we will see the speed of Simmons in on passing downs, but with the increased size among the other DTs, do we see Goggins shift over? Does Micah get first crack at every down opportunities? Do we utilize Brantley there to get his athleticism on the field, until he puts on a few more pounds and some of the senior-to-be DTs graduate? Either way, we should be awesome against the run, and if the DBs continue to improve, even better against the pass. I'm calling for top-25 on defense alone.

How about the linebackers and DBs too?

LBs: Spruill, Davis, Lynch, Vaughn, Coker, Diabate, Myles
DBs: Lyn, Anderson, Thomas, Thomas, Wilkes, Reddish, DE3, Shu, Desir

IT IS MADNESS...
And that's not even counting our LB recruits - Washington is probably our most recruited LB recruit of Marrone's tenure to date, and we're still in the thick of it for some big time LB prospects - TJ Neal, Abner Logan and Daysean Rippy. I'm not sure if Parson will qualify, but Whitehurst and Owens look like solid prospects too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom