2013 Maui Invitational | Syracusefan.com

2013 Maui Invitational

Maui2013

Walk On
On behalf of everyone at the EA SPORTS Maui Invitational, I want to let you know how excited we are to host the Orange in November. I know this is where a lot of loyal fans hang out, so I wanted to post and answer any questions you may have about the Tournament. Feel free to ask anything about the Tournament, ticket travel packages, places to see and things to do on Maui, etc. I'll do my best to answer all of your questions and keep you updated on the tournament. We hope to see a number of you in Maui this Thanksgiving!

On behalf of everyone at the EA SPORTS Maui Invitational, I want to let you know how excited we are to host the Orange in November. I know this is where a lot of loyal fans hang out, so I wanted to post and answer any questions you may have about the Tournament. Feel free to ask anything about the Tournament, ticket travel packages, places to see and things to do on Maui, etc. I'll do my best to answer all of your questions and keep you updated on the tournament. We hope to see a number of you in Maui this Thanksgiving!
Do you guys invite teams or go by a lottery system. I love this tournament but I was hoping for some tougher teams.

When will the first round matchups be announced?

On behalf of everyone at the EA SPORTS Maui Invitational, I want to let you know how excited we are to host the Orange in November. I know this is where a lot of loyal fans hang out, so I wanted to post and answer any questions you may have about the Tournament. Feel free to ask anything about the Tournament, ticket travel packages, places to see and things to do on Maui, etc. I'll do my best to answer all of your questions and keep you updated on the tournament. Wehope to see a number of you in Maui this Thanksgiving!

Excellent way to reach out to fans. Well done.

I award you 4 Otto dollars.

On behalf of everyone at the EA SPORTS Maui Invitational, I want to let you know how excited we are to host the Orange in November. I know this is where a lot of loyal fans hang out, so I wanted to post and answer any questions you may have about the Tournament. Feel free to ask anything about the Tournament, ticket travel packages, places to see and things to do on Maui, etc. I'll do my best to answer all of your questions and keep you updated on the tournament. Wehope to see a number of you in Maui this Thanksgiving!
Appreciate you reaching out to us.

I haven't priced this trip, haven't thought seriously about doing it. But maybe I should take a closer look. Do you know, off the top of your head, what the approximate cost would be to go? I am interested in rough numbers for airfare, hotel, tickets for the tournament, and golf too (I know there are some great courses nearby).

Is it cheaper to book the trip yourself or to work with a travel agent? Does the tournament have some packages already put together, ready to go?

I'm 50/50 myself...not concerned with price, I just don't know if I can leave that time of year.

How soon would you suggest I'd need to pull the trigger on tickets from the games? Are they usually sellouts?

I haven't priced this trip, haven't thought seriously about doing it. But maybe I should take a closer look. Do you know, off the top of your head, what the approximate cost would be to go? I am interested in rough numbers for airfare, hotel, tickets for the tournament, and golf too (I know there are some great courses nearby).

Is it cheaper to book the trip yourself or to work with a travel agent? Does the tournament have some packages already put together, ready to go?

https://www.anthonytravel.com/syracuse/syracuse-maui/index.cfm?

I saw this a while ago, and talked to the wife about it. It's pretty expensive. For some reason, I was under the impression that you had to buy this package to get tickets to the game... Is that the case? I have family in Maui, and you can fly there from Alaska for cheap as heck.

Looking into buying a duplex in the next few months. If everything goes through I'll prolly miss the tourny but it would set me up to be able to make more trips in the future. If it doesnt go through, I'm there for sure.

Here's the 411:

https://www.anthonytravel.com/syracuse/syracuse-maui/index.cfm?

And you can follow them on The Twitter:

@EASPORTSMauiInv

The package would be 4200 for a couple to stay five nights and includes tickets to the game, accommodations, airport shuttle and some other unimportant stuff (some of the things are cool, though, like an airport greeting, Hawaiian style). The cheapest tickets I have found for that week, which isn't a huge travel week would run 2500 for a couple, but would mean needing to stay another day or two on each end. Arrival and departure on bookends of the 5 night stay would top 3000. So probably worth flying out a day or two early and a day or two late and finding a cheap (by Hawaii standards...) hotel for the other days. A day in Honolulu would be worth doing if you haven't been there. After flying from the Continental States to Honolulu it is nice to get a night stay before boarding another plane to Maui. The flights are long, especially from Syracuse. Honolulu is a great city and Pearl Harbor is a must on everybody's bucket list.

Hawaii is very expensive when you are there. Getting drunk at a bar tops NYC prices for instance, and expect to pay 20 bucks or more to feed two at a taco stand. Maui is one of the greatest places on earth though, and the atmosphere and people are really wonderful. If you can swing the money side of it, definitely worth going.

I haven't spent much time looking at the flight prices, you may be able to do better with more time and by looking regularly. My wife and I are considering a few vacations, and I am going to float this as a possible destination for the fall. We had a great time at the BET this year, which was our first time devoting a full vacation to Syracuse basketball. Perhaps we will consider this our trip for the fall.

EDIT: On second thought, the Lei greeting at the airport might be a nice benefit, depending on how much they put into it... I saw several full performances complete with dancing during Lei greetings when we arrived, a bunch of traditional dancers doing a mini show would have real value above the flower necklace :)

what's the best way to go about getting free tix? cuz that's the only way ill be there.

Become an airline pilot and a Sheraton VP.

Oh, you mean game tickets?

Getting there and having a place to stay are the big issues, the games themselves always seem half to mostly empty.

Will Dog The Bounty Hunter be there?

The package would be 4200 for a couple to stay five nights and includes tickets to the game, accommodations, airport shuttle and some other unimportant stuff (some of the things are cool, though, like an airport greeting, Hawaiian style). The cheapest tickets I have found for that week, which isn't a huge travel week would run 2500 for a couple, but would mean needing to stay another day or two on each end. Arrival and departure on bookends of the 5 night stay would top 3000. So probably worth flying out a day or two early and a day or two late and finding a cheap (by Hawaii standards...) hotel for the other days.

Ugh. $7200 plus meals? I just booked a 12 night cruise from Sydney to Auckland for less than that including airfare!

I plan on being there. I can get cheaper rooms on my own. My most difficult problem will be convincing my wife that the trip is not complete unless I attend the Gonzaga-Chaminade consolation for 5th place.

Spend some time on the Island. Take a trip to the interior villages where there are fine glass blowers, go for a sail in Laheina, play golf, check out botanical gardens on the road to Hana, go to the volcano. Stay in a vacation rental which accounts for half the housing in Maui. Hard to find an Alaskan that does not own a condo in Maui that is rented out most of the year. There are good restaurants, relax and stay a few extra days. Tickets are sold by the game. If Syracuse isn't playing there are better things to do then sweltering in the gym.

I am all booked ready to go...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372266381.429119.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom