2013 Maui Invitational | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2013 Maui Invitational

Okay, I went in '95 to hawaii. Not Maui. We beat Ill. and Rhody and lost to Umass. I got sick the day before we left for Hawaii (I'm never sick). The girl that I took and I didn't speak for two years after the trip. Go by your self.

Okay, I went in '95 to hawaii. Not Maui. We beat Ill. and Rhody and lost to Umass. I got sick the day before we left for Hawaii (I'm never sick). The girl that I took and I didn't speak for two years after the trip. Go by your self.

Uhhh... Any back story as to why you and the chick didn't talk for years?

In the words of Taj Mahal,
My Baby is complicated, she gave me a mule to ride.

Asked for water, baby brought me gasoline...

Do you guys invite teams or go by a lottery system. I love this tournament but I was hoping for some tougher teams.

The EA SPORTS Maui Invitational is in constant communication with college basketball teams across the country in an effort to find the most competitive field every year. By NCAA rules, the EA SPORTS Maui Invitational is an exempt tournament, which means that each school can only play in our event once every four years.

On behalf of everyone at the EA SPORTS Maui Invitational, I want to let you know how excited we are to host the Orange in November. I know this is where a lot of loyal fans hang out, so I wanted to post and answer any questions you may have about the Tournament. Feel free to ask anything about the Tournament, ticket travel packages, places to see and things to do on Maui, etc. I'll do my best to answer all of your questions and keep you updated on the tournament. Wehope to see a number of you in Maui this Thanksgiving!

I have to be really honest here...

I love SU hoops.

My wife and I did Hawaii for 2 weeks in '97...It is beautiful and we loved every minute of it. I cannot wait to go back.

But if I'm on Maui, there is absolutely no way I am spending even one minute inside at a pre-season basketball tournament...

No offense.

When will the first round matchups be announced?

The EA SPORTS Maui Invitational bracket is typically announced a few months before the tournament. You can sign up to receive Tournament Hoops Club updates at MauiInvitational.com and make sure you are the first to know when the official bracket is released. When the bracket is released I will be sure to give you guys the heads up.

I have to be really honest here...

I love SU hoops.

My wife and I did Hawaii for 2 weeks in '97...It is beautiful and we loved every minute of it. I cannot wait to go back.

But if I'm on Maui, there is absolutely no way I am spending even one minute inside at a pre-season basketball tournament...

No offense.
Booooooo. Its only 2 hours of your day.

The EA SPORTS Maui Invitational is in constant communication with college basketball teams across the country in an effort to find the most competitive field every year. By NCAA rules, the EA SPORTS Maui Invitational is an exempt tournament, which means that each school can only play in our event once every four years.
Invite us in 4 years and give us Kentucky, please. I didn't mean to say this field this year is bad (it's not), I just wanted an osu, KU, UK, or MSU type team to lock horns with.

That means stay an extra day.

I'm going for 10 days, so I'll have plenty of time for touristy stuff.

Totally bummed that I won't be closing down various establishments with Raf now, since he's moved on to Fox. I'm still hung over from the time we closed down Clarke's one night after the Jimmy V Dinner in 2005.

Appreciate you reaching out to us.

I haven't priced this trip, haven't thought seriously about doing it. But maybe I should take a closer look. Do you know, off the top of your head, what the approximate cost would be to go? I am interested in rough numbers for airfare, hotel, tickets for the tournament, and golf too (I know there are some great courses nearby).

Is it cheaper to book the trip yourself or to work with a travel agent? Does the tournament have some packages already put together, ready to go?

My suggestion is to call our tournament travel operator directly and discuss costs in order to get accurate numbers. Basic travel packages have been created for the discretionary traveler who wants to come to the tournament to support his/her team. The Hawaii based agent (Oahu Travel) can be reached at 800.826.3822.

Game tickets to the EA SPORTS Maui Invitational Championship Round are currently available with travel packages through Oahu Travel (800.826.3822). Buying a travel package is the only way to guarantee game tickets to the Tournament. At some point in the summer, we may decide to sell tickets without travel packages online, but we cannot guarantee the types or availability.

I'm 50/50 myself...not concerned with price, I just don't know if I can leave that time of year.

How soon would you suggest I'd need to pull the trigger on tickets from the games? Are they usually sellouts?

The Lahina Civic Center has a capacity of approximately 2400 people. While this creates the most intimate environment in college basketball, our 13 rows of seats tend to fill up quickly; especially for the semifinal and championship games. The only guaranteed way to watch all three of Syracuse's games is to buy a Syracuse Booster Ticket. These are only on sale through ticket travel packages at this time.

For more information on our travel packages, go to mauiinvitational.com/travel or call Oahu Travel at 800.826.3822.

The Lahina Civic Center has a capacity of approximately 2400 people. While this creates the most intimate environment in college basketball, our 13 rows of seats tend to fill up quickly; especially for the semifinal and championship games. The only guaranteed way to watch all three of Syracuse's games is to buy a Syracuse Booster Ticket. These are only on sale through ticket travel packages at this time.

For more information on our travel packages, go to mauiinvitational.com/travel or call Oahu Travel at 800.826.3822.

Thanks for the info...not sounding good for me.

Ugh. $7200 plus meals? I just booked a 12 night cruise from Sydney to Auckland for less than that including airfare!
I don't think you're supposed to add the $4200 and $3000 together. One number was for a pre-packaged all inclusive deal, the other was an estimate of what you could put together yourself.

4200 was for tickets and accommodations through the event organizers. The 3000 was on the high end of airline tickets from Syracuse to get there and back. About 2500 was the best I found in a 10 minute internet search.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom