2013 Non Conference Slate | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2013 Non Conference Slate

I'm guessing our first ACC game will be at home

Either Sept 14th or Sept 28th or Oct 5th

September 14th better be a home game versus a beatable team. I'd rather play a Sunbelt team than a 1AA. Look for the game to kickoff after sunset for Yom Kippur.
While I have no problem with a D1aa school, give me a guaranteed W v a sunbelt team.

While I have no problem with a D1aa school, give me a guaranteed W v a sunbelt team.

Of the Sunbelt teams below...give me a Texas State as a one and done or Georgia State as a 2 for 1. It will be good for Cuse to play at GSU in Atlanta between GTech games.

Sun Belt Teams in need of 5th Non-Conference Game
  • Arkansas StateArkansas-Pine Bluff, at Auburn, at Memphis, Idaho
  • Georgia StateChattanooga, at West Virginia, Jacksonville State, at Alabama
  • South Alabama – Tulane, at Tennessee, Kent State, at Navy
  • Texas Stateat Southern Miss, at Texas Tech, Wyoming, Prairie View A&M
  • TroyUAB, at Mississippi State, at Ole Miss, Alcorn State
  • UL Lafayetteat Arkansas, at Kansas State, Nicholls State, at Akron
  • ULM – at Oklahoma, Grambling State, Tulane, at Baylor
  • Western KentuckyKentucky, at Tennessee, Navy, at Army

Of the Sunbelt teams below...give me a Texas State as a one and done or Georgia State as a 2 for 1. It will be good for Cuse to play at GSU in Atlanta between GTech games.

Sun Belt Teams in need of 5th Non-Conference Game
  • Arkansas StateArkansas-Pine Bluff, at Auburn, at Memphis, Idaho
  • Georgia StateChattanooga, at West Virginia, Jacksonville State, at Alabama
  • South Alabama – Tulane, at Tennessee, Kent State, at Navy
  • Texas Stateat Southern Miss, at Texas Tech, Wyoming, Prairie View A&M
  • TroyUAB, at Mississippi State, at Ole Miss, Alcorn State
  • UL Lafayetteat Arkansas, at Kansas State, Nicholls State, at Akron
  • ULM – at Oklahoma, Grambling State, Tulane, at Baylor
  • Western KentuckyKentucky, at Tennessee, Navy, at Army
Oh good god no.

Syracuse should NEVER go to a sunbelt school.

NEVER.

1 and done.

AT the DOME.

Looks good except for there is no way we have 2 buys in 3 weeks

yea i hadn't noticed it until i finished the entire schedule but you never know with the byes its completely at the mercy of the acc scheduler. i could move the 1st bye a week earlier and move wake forest game back a week though

Oh good god no.

Syracuse should NEVER go to a sunbelt school.

NEVER.

1 and done.

AT the DOME.

New reality...schools like Arizona, Arizona St, Kansas St, Oklahoma State, Virginia, Baylor are playing newbie UTSA with similar arrangements. A few of them have scheduled home and home's with UTSA. A 2 for 1 isn't unheard of, maybe Cuse could get a 3 for 1 with Ga State as they are not getting home and homes with big boys schools yet. It is good for recruiting to be seen in Atlanta.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/wac/utsa-roadrunners.php

im going to do another acc mock schedule in the next few days but i have this basic thought on the schedule: florida state in 1 month,clemson in another month and georgia tech or nc state in the last month

New reality...schools like Arizona, Arizona St, Kansas St, Oklahoma State, Virginia, Baylor are playing newbie UTSA with similar arrangements. A few of them have scheduled home and home's with UTSA. A 2 for 1 isn't unheard of, maybe Cuse could get a 3 for 1 with Ga State as they are not getting home and homes with big boys schools yet. It is good for recruiting to be seen in Atlanta.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/wac/utsa-roadrunners.php
Syracuse can play at utsa too.

because its:

San An-freakin-tonio

a city of 2million people

in the heart of 1 of the biggest football crazy states in the country

in a Dome

in front of 70k people

and for those teams, they actively recruit there, makes total sense.

i get ga st, but i doubt we want to piss off gatech, plus that dome would be empty

nobody else is worth it.

@ akron was embarrasing enough

Oh Lord

if its acc it better be wake forest not clemson (other home acc teams are already booked on 9/14) so wake forest,sunbelt or fcs hopefully for 9/14. i have did a complete acc mock schedule with the latest news included .

heres what i came up with:
Penn State
@Northwestern
TBD FCS/Sunbelt
Tulane
@florida state
Wake Forest
BYE
Clemson
BYE
@nc state(would of been a week earlier but nc state requests a bye that week)
@georgia tech
Pittsburgh
@maryland
Boston College

It is a crapshoot at this point but there are a few things we can assume.
The first bye will be the last week of September or the first week of October. The second bye should be the last week of October or the first week of November. It makes sense to stagger the byes between the ACC schools so there is product available for the networks every week.

So I expect to see half the ACC teams sit out the last week of September and half the first week of October. With the same thing happening for the 2nd bye in late October/early November.

Doubtful we play at Maryland the week before the BC game. Maryland has played FSU in that slot 6 of the last 7 years (they will probably finish their ACC history playing NC State, the team they traditionally end the regular season playing).

There is quite a bit of continuity in terms of playing the same teams in conference late in the season. For that reason, I think it is likely we will play Pitt in the game before BC.

I think it is far more likely we will play an FCS team than a Sun Belt team. Easier opposition, lower travel costs, probably will cost less to bring an FCS team in. All the reasons UEO listed in his posts in this thread. Won't make a difference in terms of draw either, so an FCS seems like a no brainer to me.

Lastly, Clemson and FSU tend to play weaker schools in conference play earlier in the schedule. I think we will be considered a weaker team and get that kind of treatment.

Penn State
@Northwestern
TBD FCS
Tulane
BYE
Clemson
@Florida State
@Maryland
Wake Forest
BYE
@NC State
@Georgia Tech
Pittsburgh
Boston College

In a perfect world, we would play at FSU late in the season so I could play golf down there.

We are playing Wagner at home for 2013
That would be pretty cool. Former Henninger star DB Stefen Gage is the DB coach for the Seahawks.

I can dig on playing Wagner as we'll be playing 10 aq teams already plus the ACC championship game.

i dont think the acc will put more than 4 teams on a bye at once

It is a crapshoot at this point but there are a few things we can assume.
The first bye will be the last week of September or the first week of October. The second bye should be the last week of October or the first week of November. It makes sense to stagger the byes between the ACC schools so there is product available for the networks every week.

So I expect to see half the ACC teams sit out the last week of September and half the first week of October. With the same thing happening for the 2nd bye in late October/early November.

Doubtful we play at Maryland the week before the BC game. Maryland has played FSU in that slot 6 of the last 7 years (they will probably finish their ACC history playing NC State, the team they traditionally end the regular season playing).

There is quite a bit of continuity in terms of playing the same teams in conference late in the season. For that reason, I think it is likely we will play Pitt in the game before BC.

I think it is far more likely we will play an FCS team than a Sun Belt team. Easier opposition, lower travel costs, probably will cost less to bring an FCS team in. All the reasons UEO listed in his posts in this thread. Won't make a difference in terms of draw either, so an FCS seems like a no brainer to me.

Lastly, Clemson and FSU tend to play weaker schools in conference play earlier in the schedule. I think we will be considered a weaker team and get that kind of treatment.

Penn State
@Northwestern
TBD FCS
Tulane
BYE
Clemson
@Florida State
@Maryland
Wake Forest
BYE
@NC State
@Georgia Tech
Pittsburgh
Boston College

In a perfect world, we would play at FSU late in the season so I could play golf down there.

florida state already has a on conference game the 2nd to last week(idaho) since they play at florida the last game

id assume no date is set until acc schedule comes out

final mock of schedule is this:

Penn State
@northwestern
Wake Forest
Tulane
@florida state
OPEN
Clemson
@maryland
Wagner(other teams non conference games make this tricky to place if not 9/14)
OPEN
@georgia tech
@nc state
Pittsburgh
Boston College

Syracuse can play at utsa too.

because its:

San An-freakin-tonio

a city of 2million people

in the heart of 1 of the biggest football crazy states in the country

in a Dome

in front of 70k people

and for those teams, they actively recruit there, makes total sense.

i get ga st, but i doubt we want to piss off gatech, plus that dome would be empty

nobody else is worth it.

@ akron was embarrasing enough

Oh Lord

UTSA averages less than 30K a game in the Alamodome. I live in San Antonio now; most residents are Longhorns or Aggies (insert "whoop") fans. There's probably more Tx State (in San Marcos) fans than UTSA in SATX. It's a brand new program. It'll take some time for the fans to come, especially since the stadium is 20+ miles away from campus. It's a big commuter school. They have a brand name coach and fertile recruiting grounds but I doubt they'll EVER sell out and grab 65K fans, and certainly not for Syracuse.

Agreed. Sometime 2nd week in February should be it.

Get your online scheduling fingers (airfare, hotels, etc.) ready.

I'm hoping for: @Northwestern, vs. Clemson, (possibly @FSU), @GA Tech... the latter of which would be hard to miss. :)

UTSA averages less than 30K a game in the Alamodome. I live in San Antonio now; most residents are Longhorns or Aggies (insert "whoop") fans. There's probably more Tx State (in San Marcos) fans than UTSA in SATX. It's a brand new program. It'll take some time for the fans to come, especially since the stadium is 20+ miles away from campus. It's a big commuter school. They have a brand name coach and fertile recruiting grounds but I doubt they'll EVER sell out and grab 65K fans, and certainly not for Syracuse.

Hey mikekan...activate your inbox. I'm planning a GTown Viewing party at a sports bar in San Marcos for SA and Austin Cuse fans. Want to send you an invite

It is under Privacy: Edit Conversations
  • Start conversations with you:

Agreed. Sometime 2nd week in February should be it.

Get your online scheduling fingers (airfare, hotels, etc.) ready.

I'm hoping for: @Northwestern, vs. Clemson, (possibly @FSU), @GA Tech... the latter of which would be hard to miss. :)

Schedule looks bad for me this year...Should make both Penn State and Tulane. Hoping for a home game for Columbus Day Weekend and one road trip (either FSU or GTech) preferably over Veterans Day Weekend.