2015 NFL season general discussion thread | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

2015 NFL season general discussion thread

Barnwell has an analysis of the end of game situation in his which contenders are in trouble? column. He' s cautiously on the side of Coughlin b/c 1) having the TD is much more valuable than the FG & 2) the Giants suck at the power-running game.

History is written by the winners. I was thinking that Belichick would let the Giants score a TD right away. He didn't but got lucky with the clock (having the OBJ play end at 2:01 was huge) & even so it was pretty damn close; if Amendola doesn't get an extra 5 yards on his last catch the FG doesn't go.

more visuals of the pats cheating and getting away with it.

this is chandlers facemask move, to get to Eli for the sack/strip.

Jones_facemask.0.PNG

just pull that tackle down by his facemask and get to the QB you GD cheater.

Jones_facemask.0.PNG

You guys got 2 horrible PI calls on your opening 2nd half drive that gave you an undeserved FG. Especially the one called on Malcolm Butler on 3rd down. Phil Simms who never says anything even thought it was weak. If this is the best you got I thought you were better than this.

You guys got 2 horrible PI calls on your opening 2nd half drive that gave you an undeserved FG. Especially the one called on Malcolm Butler on 3rd down. Phil Simms who never says anything even thought it was weak. If this is the best you got I thought you were better than this.
i was there live, i have no idea what Phil Simms said.

it was also a touchdown.

i was there live, i have no idea what Phil Simms said.

it was also a touchdown.
That is too bad if it was a TD because the referees said it wasn't a TD and because your coach needs a time management assistant if gave the Patriots enough time to comeback.

That is too bad if it was a TD because the referees said it wasn't a TD and because your coach needs a time management assistant if gave the Patriots enough time to comeback.
the time keeper stopped the clock on the TD catch, not the knockout and subsequent drop.

that 1 second before the 2 minute warning gave the pats an extra time out.

i have ZERO problem going with the TD there, the play DEFINETLY took 6 seconds.

if we ran the ball 3x and kicked it. the pats still mightve won and TC would be killed for not going for it.

If the Giants played every week like they play against the Patriots they would go 11-5/ 12-4/13-3 every year.

They play the Patriots tougher than anybody because they play unafraid. Giants should be 8-2/9-1 this year.

the time keeper stopped the clock on the TD catch, not the knockout and subsequent drop.

that 1 second before the 2 minute warning gave the pats an extra time out.

i have ZERO problem going with the TD there, the play DEFINETLY took 6 seconds.

if we ran the ball 3x and kicked it. the pats still mightve won and TC would be killed for not going for it.
Without Edelman and Lewis and down to their 4th string LT and RT I honestly don't think the Pats could have gone 55 yards in about 1:05. The injuries are killing the O. Now they are getting back Volmer and Cannon on the OL this week most likely and can add a body to WR core but throwing and giving the Pats 1:40 was their only chance to score either a TD or FG.

Coughlin had to run the first down play and get to the 2 minute warning. If they run 3 times they could have gained the 6 yards and if they had Eli under center play action was always available. Putting Eli in the gun those 3 plays was the wrong call based on the fact the Pats O was undermanned.

Without Edelman and Lewis and down to their 4th string LT and RT I honestly don't think the Pats could have gone 55 yards in about 1:05. The injuries are killing the O. Now they are getting back Volmer and Cannon on the OL this week most likely and can add a body to WR core but throwing and giving the Pats 1:40 was their only chance to score either a TD or FG.

Coughlin had to run the first down play and get to the 2 minute warning. If they run 3 times they could have gained the 6 yards and if they had Eli under center play action was always available. Putting Eli in the gun those 3 plays was the wrong call based on the fact the Pats O was undermanned.
the pass shouldve gotten them to the 1st down play, the fact that it didnt, is what went wrong.

of course a run gets there, but that play was longer than 5 seconds.

then, why not throw it on 2nd? the 2min warning is there and they are in goal line, we arnt running it in. they cant run period.

then, why not throw it on 3rd? Eli knew either make it a solid TD or go down, he went down. Time Out new england.

the mismanged clock...was by the keeper, not TC & Eli.

Jones_facemask.0.PNG

It happens, especially in the trenches, people are going way too far with this Patriots cheating thing. I am sure we can find Giant's Lineman who got away with a penalty here and there.

It happens, especially in the trenches, people are going way too far with this Patriots cheating thing. I am sure we can find Giant's Lineman who got away with a penalty here and there.
im not sure if anyone can ever go to far with that.

finally just saw a replay of the Landon Collins INT drop...ugh.

he was all discombobulated going up for the ball, like he couldnt believe it and just fubared it on the way down. he really didnt even have to jump.

the worst is, if he gets the F out of the way, it lands in DRC's bread basket and its game over.

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

shouldve let the TD called on the field stand too...

Pats-Bills this week on MNF. How healthy are the Bills? The Pats are going to be without Edelman but Vollmer, Cannon, Jackson all expected to be healthy enough to play so the OL will be better for a good Buffalo DL and Collins is expected back on D.

I just don't want the Pats to go undefeated I hope they can win these next 2 and then drop the Philly game and help them win the NFC East. I fear the Giants way more than the Panthers, Packers, Cardinals.

Pats-Bills this week on MNF. How healthy are the Bills? The Pats are going to be without Edelman but Vollmer, Cannon, Jackson all expected to be healthy enough to play so the OL will be better for a good Buffalo DL and Collins is expected back on D.

I just don't want the Pats to go undefeated I hope they can win these next 2 and then drop the Philly game and help them win the NFC East. I fear the Giants way more than the Panthers, Packers, Cardinals.

Fear that the NYG will emerge in the SB is somewhat irrational imo.

Fear that the NYG will emerge in the SB is somewhat irrational imo.
Those who ignore history are bound to repeat it. 2011 NY Giants were 9-7 and beat the 10-6 Falcons, 15-1 Packers, 13-3 49ers.

As a Pats fan I fear the Giants way more than any other NFC team. They get up for the Patriots. The NFL as a whole isn't good if the Giants HC managed the 4th quarter better they would be 7-3 to 9-1. I fear the Giants if they get into the playoffs that SB 50 will be Pats vs. Giants.

Those who ignore history are bound to repeat it. 2011 NY Giants were 9-7 and beat the 10-6 Falcons, 15-1 Packers, 13-3 49ers.

As a Pats fan I fear the Giants way more than any other NFC team. They get up for the Patriots. The NFL as a whole isn't good if the Giants HC managed the 4th quarter better they would be 7-3 to 9-1. I fear the Giants if they get into the playoffs that SB 50 will be Pats vs. Giants.

I think you are overestimating the Pats and therefore came away more impressed than you should be with the NYG. The two NYG teams that won the SB had very good defenses. This year's squad? Not so much. They're no better than 50/50 to even make the playoffs.

I think you are overestimating the Pats and therefore came away more impressed than you should be with the NYG. The two NYG teams that won the SB had very good defenses. This year's squad? Not so much. They're no better than 50/50 to even make the playoffs.
i agree with all this.

however, i think the odds for the Giants making the playoffs will increase dramatically in the next 2 weeks.

I am not overestimating the Patriots. They weren't close to 100% nor were the Giants. The Pats are the best team in the NFL right now and they played this game with 4th string LT and RT, without their best defensive player and without Edelman for 3 quarters.
The Giants matchup with the pats like no one else.
Since 2008 the Patriots are 1-3 against the Giants and 101-31 against everyone else. Giants scare Pats fans unlike anyone else.

Lol Giants. Their HIGHEST rank in ANY defensive category is 23rd! They are dead last in 3 defensive categories. I get the whole they play the pats good, but it's jumping the shark now.

Lol Giants. Their HIGHEST rank in ANY defensive category is 23rd! They are dead last in 3 defensive categories. I get the whole they play the pats good, but it's jumping the shark now.
If you watched that game you saw the Giants got a lot of pressure now Vollmer and Cannon will be the tackles this week and that will make a difference but the giants gameplan for the Pats better than anyone.
I fear the Giants in the playoffs way more than the Bengals or Broncos.
The two toughest matchups in the playoffs this year for the Pats IMO would be Steelers and Giants as the Ravens are out of it.

If you watched that game you saw the Giants got a lot of pressure now Vollmer and Cannon will be the tackles this week and that will make a difference but the giants gameplan for the Pats better than anyone.
The two toughest matchups in the playoffs this year for the Pats IMO would be Steelers and Giants as the Ravens are out of it.
So you fear a team you can only play in the SB and a horrible d, and another with a slightly better d, but ranked 30th in pass d. And don't fear 2 of the best defenses in the league, got it.

So you fear a team you can only play in the SB and a horrible d, and another with a slightly better d, but ranked 30th in pass d. And don't fear 2 of the best defenses in the league, got it.
how does your hatred of the Giants D stack up when you look at turnovers??

Eli is getting lots of extra opportunities and the numbers are getting better with JPP...

I would too, the way the Giants play them, but I don't know if the Giants are going to make it with their schedule.

Surprised your scared of the Steelers. When is the last time Pittsburgh beat them? Brady destroys that defense, even when they WERE good.

I still think people are underating Carolina. They beat the Pat's a couple years ago when they absolutely mauled Gronk in the endzone and Brady chased the officials into the tunnel.

how does your hatred of the Giants D stack up when you look at turnovers??

Eli is getting lots of extra opportunities and the numbers are getting better with JPP...
Hatred of Giants d? I was just pointing out some facts, and thought it was weird logic. They might do good, but SB? No way