2015 NFL season general discussion thread | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

2015 NFL season general discussion thread

Edelman with a broken bone in his foot. On crutches and could be done for the season.
Edelman is out 6-8 weeks. So he is done for the rest of the regular season. He is getting surgery tomorrow. I don't know if he can comeback for the playoffs but I doubt NE will put him on injury reserve unless he can't comeback.

Officiating is such a mess. No one has a clue what going on in this Seattle game.

All I care about is that PI's can be challenged. They are game changing plays unlike any other penalty sometimes giving teams 40-60 yards a pop. Probably won't happen but it should considering officials are incapable of calling them correctly.

That was written by what appears to a Giants fan. The writer should look up the Calvin Johnson rule.
Also, if the Giants scored the TD we have no clue who wins. It would have been a completely different ending for sure. The Patriots would have been down 5 pending the NYG 2 point conversion. They would have had 1:55 and 1 TO to score a TD.

That call was not shocking as the Cowboys got eliminated in the playoffs on a catch that Dez Bryant made and was called incomplete.

Wow I just saw the Broncos highlights during SNF. Manning has to be hurt. 4 INT and 5 completions. Dang that score was really shocking. Broncos did scare me more than the Bengals but I am not sure right now.

That was written by what appears to a Giants fan. The writer should look up the Calvin Johnson rule.
Also, if the Giants scored the TD we have no clue who wins. It would have been a completely different ending for sure. The Patriots would have been down 5 pending the NYG 2 point conversion. They would have had 1:55 and 1 TO to score a TD.

That call was not shocking as the Cowboys got eliminated in the playoffs on a catch that Dez Bryant made and was called incomplete.
My enjoying it had nothing to do with the Giants game. The rule is stupid.

Wow I just saw the Broncos highlights during SNF. Manning has to be hurt. 4 INT and 5 completions. Dang that score was really shocking. Broncos did scare me more than the Bengals but I am not sure right now.
Broncos luck ran out. No more freak turnovers, pick 6 and fumble returns for TDs from the defense. Unbeknownst to me with Emmanuel Sanders in Fantasy, he is hurt plus Manning is just awful this year aside from about 2 games.

Edelman has the same injury as Dez Bryant who missed 7 weeks. So Edelman is done for the regular season but could return for the divisional round assuming the Pats get a bye.

My enjoying it had nothing to do with the Giants game. The rule is stupid.
The rule has been stupid for a while. This was a catch and the refs said incomplete.

The rule has been stupid for a while. This was a catch and the refs said incomplete.
Exactly. BTW they said the ruling on the field was no catch. That must have been a surprise to the closest ref who signaled TD.

Yeah Kubiak eluded to him being hurt. No excuse though, he took the field. That was his worst game this season by far. Had some key people sit from the D, but it shouldn't have mattered either. Oh well, the season is fluid, it's mid Nov. I'm not worried about the D, too much talent and coaches not to get it back right. As long as we make the playoffs and we're playing our best ball at the end of Dec. is all I care about.

Yeah Kubiak eluded to him being hurt. No excuse though, he took the field. That was his worst game this season by far. Had some key people sit from the D, but it shouldn't have mattered either. Oh well, the season is fluid, it's mid Nov. I'm not worried about the D, too much talent and coaches not to get it back right. As long as we make the playoffs and we're playing our best ball at the end of Dec. is all I care about.
If Denver ends up the 3 seed and has to beat #6 Pittsburgh, @#2NE/CIN, @#1NE/CIN. I can't see the Broncos winning those 3 games if Peyton Manning is the QB. The January weather will be awful in Cincy and NE. To get to the SB the Broncos need HFA. Not sure your remaining schedule but I figure the Broncos will finish 12-4 and I don't see NE/Cincy losing 4 games assuming Denver beats both.

If Denver ends up the 3 seed and has to beat #6 Pittsburgh, @#2NE/CIN, @#1NE/CIN. I can't see the Broncos winning those 3 games if Peyton Manning is the QB. The January weather will be awful in Cincy and NE. To get to the SB the Broncos need HFA. Not sure your remaining schedule but I figure the Broncos will finish 12-4 and I don't see NE/Cincy losing 4 games assuming Denver beats both.
If you're good enough to win, it's always my belief it doesn't matter where you play. Recent playoffs have had a ton of road teams win. Not saying we're that, but I don't really care, you're good enough or you aren't.

Absolutely. They needed to run the ball at least twice beginning on 1st and goal. Make the Pats use their last TO, and run more time off the clock. Even if the result is the same (Giants FG), there is a lot less time on the clock for the Pats to move down field. Sigh...

Edit - I guess even NFL coaches have trouble with game management sometimes. :oops:

Meh. Feels like 70s-80s thinking when 2minutes wasn't a ton of time & kickers weren't near automatic from 50. I don't like my chances w/ a 2pt lead no matter how many time outs they have. A TD there makes a massive difference.

If you're good enough to win, it's always my belief it doesn't matter where you play. Recent playoffs have had a ton of road teams win. Not saying we're that, but I don't really care, you're good enough or you aren't.

Sure but the road team would've won even more if they weren't on the road. Baltimore would be 4-0 vs NE, GB & SF woulda beat Seattle, Seattle woulda beat Atlanta. Probably.

Meh. Feels like 70s-80s thinking when 2minutes wasn't a ton of time & kickers weren't near automatic from 50. I don't like my chances w/ a 2pt lead no matter how many time outs they have. A TD there makes a massive difference.

Sure but the road team would've won even more if they weren't on the road. Baltimore would be 4-0 vs NE, GB & SF woulda beat Seattle, Seattle woulda beat Atlanta. Probably.
Lol, then it wouldn't be a road win if they weren't the road team. We'll never know. All we can do is look at what really happened.

peyton has a torn plantar faciitis.

patsies cheated.

Doesn't the Calvin Johnson rule apply to situations where the receiver is going to the ground? So it wouldn't apply here? As far as I understand it, this is a completely different situation, but it's an complete pass because Beckham wasn't able to "establish himself as a runner" after getting both feet down with control of the ball. Is this a "football move" scenario?

Am i in the minority that thinks Beckham needed to hold onto the ball? I know everyone but Alsacs hates the Pat's here, but when is this ever called a catch?

The conversation s/b Malcom Butler made a great play.

Am i in the minority that thinks Beckham needed to hold onto the ball? I know everyone but Alsacs hates the Pat's here, but when is this ever called a catch?

I'm sure it's happened before, but I can't really remember a situation where a guy caught the ball in the end zone and got both feet down, then dropped the ball after the fact without going to the ground. I get the idea that "between the endzones, you have to get two feet down, and make a football move, so therefore, the same applies in the end zone" but making a football move on a play where the play basically ends once you get both feet down is just weird. Just a really weird and rare situation that happened yesterday.

The real issue was Landon Collins dropping the easy interception, and there was seemingly another clock issue with 2:10 left in the game that seemed to allow the Patriots to save 40 seconds of the clock.

Edit: I may be wrong on the clock issue. I thought I saw something weird happen, and a lot of other people seemed to notice as well, but I never went back to re-watch it to see what exactly happened.

Last edited:

Yeah I knew that TD wasn't going to stand. The ball got knocked out simultaneous to him getting both feet on the ground. That's not a catch on any part of the field, including the endzone. If the ball had kicked around in the endzone after that, and the Pats recovered, Giants fans would be screaming that it was an incomplete pass.

I'm sure it's happened before, but I can't really remember a situation where a guy caught the ball in the end zone and got both feet down, then dropped the ball after the fact without going to the ground. I get the idea that "between the endzones, you have to get two feet down, and make a football move, so therefore, the same applies in the end zone" but making a football move on a play where the play basically ends once you get both feet down is just weird. Just a really weird and rare situation that happened yesterday.

The real issue was Landon Collins dropping the easy interception, and there was seemingly another clock issue with 2:10 left in the game that seemed to allow the Patriots to save 40 seconds of the clock.

Lee Evans for the Ravens in the 2011 AFC Championship?

If you got 2 feet down and then fell and the ball came out as you hit the ground (in the endzone), would that be considered a TD or incomplete pass? I think the same principal should apply here. Beckham had to hold onto that ball through the swipe which was the last football move in that play before it would've been a TD.