13)Jones
17)Richardson
24)Diagne
26)Briscoe
58)Howard
63)Lydon
66)Thompson Jr
97)Silva

I'm too lazy to dig up the 2014 rankings thread, but Crystal Ball Jerry made some updates to his rankings yesterday and he had McCullough at 19 and Joseph making a big jump at 33. He has Joseph ranked higher than burger boys Ulis, Allen, and Trimble. We like to rag on Jerry, but I'll give him some props on that one.

Scout 2015 top 100 updated today.
6)Diallo
11)Bryant
13)Jones
17)Richardson
24)Diagne
26)Briscoe
58)Howard
63)Lydon
66)Thompson Jr
97)Silva

I'm too lazy to dig up the 2014 rankings thread, but Crystal Ball Jerry made some updates to his rankings yesterday and he had McCullough at 19 and Joseph making a big jump at 33. He has Joseph ranked higher than burger boys Ulis, Allen, and Trimble. We like to rag on Jerry, but I'll give him some props on that one.

Maybe he realized that Boeheim and assistants are better judges of talent than he is after ranking Ennis 37th overall and the 6th rated point guard last year!

Rivalshoops Top 150 3/26 update.

8)Diallo
18)Bryant
19)Briscoe
21)Richardson
25)Jones
28)Diagne
58)Howard
59)Lydon
85)Kapita
90)Carter
115)Silva

Jones dropped 14 spots. Lydon moved up from the 90's to 59. Silva dropped from the 50's to outside of the top 100.

8)Diallo
18)Bryant
19)Briscoe
21)Richardson
25)Jones
28)Diagne
58)Howard
59)Lydon
85)Kapita
90)Carter
115)Silva

Jones dropped 14 spots. Lydon moved up from the 90's to 59. Silva dropped from the 50's to outside of the top 100.
Wow, rough on Silva. Athletic ability, rebounding, defense should count for something. And great to hear about Lydon.

8)Diallo
18)Bryant
19)Briscoe
21)Richardson
25)Jones
28)Diagne
58)Howard
59)Lydon
85)Kapita
90)Carter
115)Silva

Didn't Bryant dominate Diallo in early February, albeit in spurts? Not that I am complaining about his ranking, heck we probabaly have a better shot at him since he is outside the top 15. Duke, Kansas, and Kentucky seem to be eating up the top ten lately.

Didn't Bryant dominate Diallo in early February, albeit in spurts? Not that I am complaining about his ranking, heck we probabaly have a better shot at him since he is outside the top 15. Duke, Kansas, and Kentucky seem to be eating up the top ten lately.
http://syracusefan.com/threads/thomas-bryant.30550/page-9#post-927963
That's a review of their matchup that I posted if you missed it. Diallo did have a tough time with Bryant's length when they matched up, but Diallo is very good in his own right and his consensus top 10 ranking is deserved. Too bad his handlers are pushing Pitt and SJU for him yuck. what.png

Wow, rough on Silva. Athletic ability, rebounding, defense should count for something. And great to hear about Lydon.
If Silva is 115, then this must be one hell of a class because this kid should be rated at worst between 51-100. I'm sure he'll improve his stock during the AAU/Camp season this spring/summer where most of these scouts will see him play.

ESPN updated top 100.
10)Thomas Bryant
15)Malachi Richardson
25)Georgios Papagiannis
27)Derrick Jones
44)Moustapha Diagne
59)Tyler Lydon
70)Franklin Howard

The Cuse commit drop is in full effect. Malachi was previously ranked at 10 and Diagne was at 29. Expect Bryant to drop 15 spots if he ever commits to SU.

ESPN updated top 100.
10)Thomas Bryant
15)Malachi Richardson
25)Georgios Papagiannis
27)Derrick Jones
44)Moustapha Diagne
59)Tyler Lydon
70)Franklin Howard

The Cuse commit drop is in full effect. Malachi was previously ranked at 10 and Diagne was at 29. Expect Bryant to drop 15 spots if he ever commits to SU.

Frank jumped back in, correct?

Francis03 said:
ESPN updated top 100. 10)Thomas Bryant 15)Malachi Richardson 25)Georgios Papagiannis 27)Derrick Jones 44)Moustapha Diagne 59)Tyler Lydon 70)Franklin Howard The Cuse commit drop is in full effect. Malachi was previously ranked at 10 and Diagne was at 29. Expect Bryant to drop 15 spots if he ever commits to SU.

I don't buy that conspiracy at all. Our guys do pretty well in the rankings and why we usually have highly ranked classes. Heck I remember from the time Melo committed till the time he signed his LOI he went from 40 to 2.

I don't buy that conspiracy at all. Our guys do pretty well in the rankings and why we usually have highly ranked classes. Heck I remember from the time Melo committed till the time he signed his LOI he went from 40 to 2.
I do, kinda. But heck I still think the refs are out to get us for Bill Smith punching a ref in the early 70's!

Frank jumped back in, correct?
ESPN only had a top 60 before this and Frank wasn't ranked. This was their debut top 100. Frank did have the same grade as Lydon, who was ranked in the top 60 at the same spot that he is now I believe. So if they had a top 100 before hand then I think Frank would've been ranked around the same range still.

72Cuse said:
I do, kinda. But heck I still think the refs are out to get us for Bill Smith punching a ref in the early 70's!

Don't be talking bout my man Bill. My FAVORITE player growing up.

Don't be talking bout my man Bill. My FAVORITE player growing up.
Really? I always thought he started well in the pros before he killed his knee. In college I remember they played "Don't Mess With Bill" during warmups after the incident.

72Cuse said:
Really? I always thought he started well in the pros before he killed his knee. In college I remember they played "Don't Mess With Bill" during warmups after the incident.

Loved his toughness and he had a lot of skills too. Thought he'd last a bit in the pros too.

Loved his toughness and he had a lot of skills too. Thought he'd last a bit in the pros too.
Agree. I remember one game he stood toe to toe with Kareem, just before he hurt his knee.

I was mainly joking but since you brought that up let me ask you a few things. Does Diagne drop 15 spots if he commits to Duke, UNC, or UK? Does Ennis, who had a consensus top 25/5 star ranking and put up monsters numbers at a national program gets snub from the prestigious Mickey D's game if he had gone to one of those schools as well? I don't believe there is a conspiracy against SU specifically per say, but I do believe a lot of these so called recruiting scouts and gurus over ranked and give bumps to players who commit to the elite blue bloods, whether they deserve it or not. The same thing pretty much happens in football recruiting. Where you'll have a player that's a 3 star but once he commits to a Bama or LSU, then all of a sudden he gets bumped up to a 4 star and most scouts probably have never or hardly seen that player play before.

I was mainly joking but since you brought that up let me ask you a few things. Does Diagne drop 15 spots if he commits to Duke, UNC, or UK? Does Ennis, who had a consensus top 25/5 star ranking and put up monsters numbers at a national program gets snub from the prestigious Mickey D's game if he had gone to one of those schools as well? I don't believe there is a conspiracy against SU specifically per say, but I do believe a lot of these so called recruiting scouts and gurus over ranked and give bumps to players who commit to the elite blue bloods, whether they deserve it or not. The same thing pretty much happens in football recruiting. Where you'll have a player that's a 3 star but once he commits to a Bama or LSU, then all of a sudden he gets bumped up to a 4 star and most scouts probably have never or hardly seen that player play before.
I believe most of the "experts" are anti SU. Call it whatever you want but every year for the past 3, our guys automatically get bumped down after they commit. Conspiracy? Coincidence? Nah. Just a fact. Squeezing them out of Mcds again. Whopper beat the Big Mac!

Malachi dropping shocks me. The kid scores like few others in any recruiting class. I am no expert, but the kid is tall, long and has enough handle to get room to shoot. And when he does, is a sweet stroke. He is a complete offensive player, or as complete as there is in high school basketball. He scores from all levels, and he is an underrated athlete. I thought ESPN was right on having him in the top 10, and everyone else would be upgrading him the top ten, but ESPN dropped the ball on this one.

Francis03 said:

While I think it is greatly overblown on the football side, I don't buy it at all with the basketball program. I'm sure there are players that dropped, but I know many have also risen. Looking at 1 site, since 2002 we've had 27 4 stars and 10 5 stars. That's pretty darn good. Ennis was one of those 5 stars. Rak was a 5 star and rated the #2 center. Even our 3 stars may hVe been overrated. Brennan-McBride? Sean Williams? The Wrights as 4 stars? Every site is different and a single player can't be looked at in a vacuum. But big picture we are treated very fairly.

Scout updated top 100 today.
23)Bryant
24)Richardson
41)Papagiannis
42)Jones
45)Diagne
71)Howard
74)Lydon

Richardson fell down 7 spots. Bryant 12 spots. Jones 29 spots. Diagne 21 spots. Howard 13 spots. Lydon 11 spots.

23)Bryant
24)Richardson
41)Papagiannis
42)Jones
45)Diagne
71)Howard
74)Lydon

Richardson fell down 7 spots. Bryant 12 spots. Jones 29 spots. Diagne 21 spots. Howard 13 spots. Lydon 11 spots.

So... essentially establishing an association with the Syracuse program results in an average downward departure in the rankings of 15.5 spots ;)

So... essentially establishing an association with the Syracuse program results in an average downward departure in the rankings of 15.5 spots ;)
LOL I guess. Scout explanation was that Malachi's effort and production was inconsistent this spring. So I guess averaging close to 20ppg on a team that finished with the best record in the EYBL is caused for a rankings dip. They also said Diagne lacked offensive skills and was raw, which automatically lets me know that they have not properly evaluated him. Raw and lacking offensive refinement is the last thing you could say about him. Then Lydon, who is known for his athleticism and being scrappy on the boards, now according to them is not really that athletic and could stand to be a little more aggressive on the boards. Geez we must have been watching different players than these guys then.

23)Bryant
24)Richardson
41)Papagiannis
42)Jones
45)Diagne
71)Howard
74)Lydon

Richardson at 24? Jones at 42 and Lydon out of the top 70...

Heresy

LOL I guess. Scout explanation was that Malachi's effort and production was inconsistent this spring. So I guess averaging close to 20ppg on a team that finished with the best record in the EYBL is caused for a rankings dip. They also said Diagne lacked offensive skills and was raw, which automatically lets me know that they have not properly evaluated him. Raw and lacking offensive refinement is the last thing you could say about him. Then Lydon, who is known for his athleticism and being scrappy on the boards, now according to them is not really that athletic and could stand to be a little more aggressive on the boards. Geez we must have been watching different players than these guys then.

You see Francis it's really just a matter of providing the narrative to support the ranking. They've got it all bass akwards!. The rationale goes something like this, "Dang, or should we say Jang?...you see that Diagne committed to Cuse!. Lawdy, Lawdy I can hardly believe it. We're gonna have to drop him down lower than a snake's belly in a wagon rut for that one. -21 is a nice number, let's drop him 21 spots and then fabricate a supporting story like him being raw and lacking offensive skills. The Haters will eat it up. "

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom