2016 Mets | Syracusefan.com

2016 Mets

Briancuse

Living Legend
With the excitement with our basketball team, I haven't really been paying attention much to spring training, but I have never been this optimistic going into the season. A little worried about our defense up the middle, but I think we can survive. I think Neil Walker could be a slight upgrade over Murphy. I really liked the Bastardo move, might need another bullpen arm down the road, but I think its pretty good starting out.

i think the pitching will be better as the bullpen has more options this year. hopefully matz gets it together to complete the rotation until wheeler get back.. not sure the runs on offense are there.. still no team speed. cespedes has trended down since his hot start. not sure what we get from wright., i think flores/walker and the new guy will be a slight upgrade in consistency on offense from the middle infield. Conforto has not shown he is completely ready but still they were getting nothing from the outfield last year for 2/3 of the year so even .260 would be a plus. catching should be better if the injury bug is avoided as they got nothing their for most of the year either.

What else does Conforto n eed to show? I'm not saying there's no chance he'll avoid a soph slump but he was great last year

What else does Conforto n eed to show? I'm not saying there's no chance he'll avoid a soph slump but he was great last year

I think Conforto is going to be a star, I love his game.

i just wonder when he will actually show it.. love his swing but he was .270 hitter facing no lefties. he is hitting .226 this year he needs to be .285 to help that position out. i do think he will hit enough home runs, but i worry if he struggles against lefties if he will go into a funk.

i just wonder when he will actually show it.. love his swing but he was .270 hitter facing no lefties. he is hitting .226 this year he needs to be .285 to help that position out. i do think he will hit enough home runs, but i worry if he struggles against lefties if he will go into a funk.

That's the only knock on him, and he did take Duffy deep in the WS (small sample, duh) but I love his approach and I think he can hang in against lefties. I wonder how many PA he gets against them this year.

I'm a Mets fan and my friend Accurater is a Cubs fan. We're both amazed to be rooting for favorites and we're both wondering what will go wrong. ;)

I'm a Mets fan and my friend Accurater is a Cubs fan. We're both amazed to be rooting for favorites and we're both wondering what will go wrong. ;)
Well it looks like Harvey might be scratched from opening day due to a non-baseball injury... whatever that means.

And so it begins... sigh

I hope it's nothing serious. They are saying he will start the opener so maybe not.

CewyV5DXIAAQ_vI.jpg

I hope it's nothing serious. They are saying he will start the opener so maybe not.

And hes pitching a couple of innings today, I doubt if there was any cause for concern, they wouldn't let him pitch today and Sunday.

And hes pitching a couple of innings today, I doubt if there was any cause for concern, they wouldn't let him pitch today and Sunday.

He's fine now. other than the 3 run homer he gave up

Which Met is due for Tommy John surgery this year? I say it's Thor. Harvey had it 2 years ago. Wheeler had it last year. I believe Matz had it right out of high school. Let's face it, Colon isn't blowing his out. Either Thor or De Grom, I'd suspect. Ya gotta believe! :rolleyes:

Which Met is due for Tommy John surgery this year? I say it's Thor. Harvey had it 2 years ago. Wheeler had it last year. I believe Matz had it right out of high school. Let's face it, Colon isn't blowing his out. Either Thor or De Grom, I'd suspect. Ya gotta believe! :rolleyes:

Degrom had it already as well

I'm more concerned about the dormant offense and the shitty bullpen... it seems no part of the Mets is looking sharp coming out of Florida. Last year begin with a hot start that got them through a crappy summer (until August). I don't know if they have that hot start in them this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom