2016 Mets | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Mets

Cannot overstate that enough. The season may be decided with these series against the Nats, Cubs, Marlins and Nats.

HUGE stretch here. Jose's back just in time.

I'm sure how much he can help out, he doesn't have nearly the speed that he used to have. This offense is so bad at manufacturing runs.

One thing I don't like about the Mes is that even when they do score, they stop scoring in the middle of games. They get 3-4-5 runs early and it looks like a good game for them but then come the goose eggs. Tonight's game would have been easier to take if they'd lost 8-11 after having a 4-0 lead. Instead, once the Nats had that 5 run inning, it was all Washington from that point on, 4-11.

You want your team to at least be feisty enough to answer when the other team scores.

One thing I don't like about the Mes is that even when they do score, they stop scoring in the middle of games. They get 3-4-5 runs early and it looks like a good game for them but then come the goose eggs. Tonight's game would have been easier to take if they'd lost 8-11 after having a 4-0 lead. Instead, once the Nats had that 5 run inning, it was all Washington from that point on, 4-11.

You want your team to at least be feisty enough to answer when the other team scores.

Its a complete mess right now, our offense blows, our bullpen is falling apart, now Matz and Thor might have elbow problems. This is looking like another disappointing season.

Hey we scored the first 4 runs of the series and the last two. :)

We just didn't score the 20 runs in between. Oh Lord

Hey we scored the first 4 runs of the series and the last two. :)

We just didn't score the 20 runs in between. Oh Lord

When Murphy hit the hr, I knew the Mets would hit a 2 or 3 run hr and still lose.

So...will a four game shellacking of the Cubs raise spirits around here?
For sure. I liked the fact that they were actually getting hits and not just hrs. Will be interesting to see how Reyes does.

So...will a four game shellacking of the Cubs raise spirits around here?

You don't really want to play good teams in a slump if you can help it. They are a good team and they aren't going to stay in a slump.

The Nationals had had a 7 game losing streak but then won their last game in Milwaukee. It was the first of 6 wins in a row, including the sweep of the Mets. Then the lost to the Reds but followed that up by beating them 12-1.

The Mets had lost four in a row and hadn't been scoring much even when winning before that. So the Cubbies come to town and the Mets explode for 32 runs and sweep a four game series.

No.

This guys a wolf in sheep's clothing...

q9gvs07u72gc9xr3395u6jh68.gif

And the Mets are back to their old ways. Harvey can't get anyone out, and we can't hit with risp.

i think it worked out OK. the bigger key was getting more chances.. nimmo hitting 75pts higher than comforto and a catcher hitting 100 pts higher than the other 2 has really lengthened the offense for a while. granderson getting to about .250 would be huge.

It felt like they managed to recapture the magic they picked up last august when it never mattered how far back they were because there was always a comeback in play. The most encouraging sign of the weekend for me was the velocity on deGrom's and Harvey's pitches seemed to rebound to the high 90s again for the first time this year. Yeah, Harvey had control issues but it looked like he was throwing easy high 90s heat for the first time this year. I also love the fact that they were able to generate runs outside of homers... though they did have a few of those too. These next 6 games before the break are HUGE as it could really get the Mets set up to overtake the Nats in the 2nd half.

i think it worked out OK. the bigger key was getting more chances.. nimmo hitting 75pts higher than comforto and a catcher hitting 100 pts higher than the other 2 has really lengthened the offense for a while. granderson getting to about .250 would be huge.

Agree, and I like what Nimmo's doing, but he probably won't keep this up. Just like Conforto (and it was unfair of the fanbase to expect a big season from Conforto this year), opposing staffs are going to get familiar with him, see some film, and start getting him out.

I'm looking at this as a short-term patch while Conforto gets his rhythm back. It's great that we're winning some games and staying within shouting distance right now.

I'm more interested in what Granderson will be able to do with Reyes in front of him; if Reyes can get on base at a decent clip, I think Grandyman could see a significant jump in production.

so far Nimmo has done a good job of not getting himself out. Reyes hitting .250 is probably still an upgrade at 3rd and I think he would be an upgrade in right as well on defense.

so far Nimmo has done a good job of not getting himself out. Reyes hitting .250 is probably still an upgrade at 3rd and I think he would be an upgrade in right as well on defense.

Flores is hitting .257 with 5 home runs in 168 plate appearances. It will be interesting to see if Reyes can do better than that- and if he can play 3rd.

I was sorry to see him go but I am unsure if bringing him back will be a good move, especially with what's hanging over his head.

Flores is hitting .257 with 5 home runs in 168 plate appearances. It will be interesting to see if Reyes can do better than that- and if he can play 3rd.

I was sorry to see him go but I am unsure if bringing him back will be a good move, especially with what's hanging over his head.

I think the third base answer isn't on the roster right now. I don't think it's Flores, I don't think it's Reyes. I've been eyeing Danny Valencia from the A's.

flores is a tough call.. you kinda see that if you let him play he can give you a little pop and be a .260 hitter. he is just avg enough you want him on the team, but also you know there is little to end. he raised his avg 30-40 pts in 2 games and its not like he was driving the ball , just hit it in good spots.

flores is a tough call.. you kinda see that if you let him play he can give you a little pop and be a .260 hitter. he is just avg enough you want him on the team, but also you know there is little to end. he raised his avg 30-40 pts in 2 games and its not like he was driving the ball , just hit it in good spots.

His defense is really meh to me. I think his best role is the one he might be filling now; a guy who fills in at first, third, etc against left handed pitching.

Agree, and I like what Nimmo's doing, but he probably won't keep this up. Just like Conforto (and it was unfair of the fanbase to expect a big season from Conforto this year), opposing staffs are going to get familiar with him, see some film, and start getting him out.

I'm looking at this as a short-term patch while Conforto gets his rhythm back. It's great that we're winning some games and staying within shouting distance right now.

I'm more interested in what Granderson will be able to do with Reyes in front of him; if Reyes can get on base at a decent clip, I think Grandyman could see a significant jump in production.

Here is the thing, if Nimmo keeps this up, and Granderson continues to struggle, do you consider playing Nimmo and Lagares and benching Grandy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom