2017-18 Coaching Carousel | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

2017-18 Coaching Carousel

So they hired two HS head coaches.

yes and that's not good imo, 1 fine but 2 ? desperation recruiting move imo. Ash knows their recruiting is in the tank.

Remember the little comment I made about hiring a FL high school HC and how there is nobody nearly as qualified as the guy we got from Texas? When I read who they were hiring I thought, thank god, the guy we hired from Texas is a 1000x better than the guy they're hiring.

So they hired two HS head coaches.
So does this mean that Toal becomes the Bergen Catholic head coach? Campanile was at Don Bosco I think and left to get his HC shot. It was a big face slap that he went to Bergen Catholic. His brother was on the Rutgers staff and Ash let him go. He is at Boston College and that's where Toal sent his own kids, so I don't love that. This will change the landscape some for sure, but with us having Tommy D, we may sit well with Bergen Catholic (Toal) again. They've sent us a few good ones. This to me makes the Rutgers series more important for recruiting.

He has decided to stay at O$U
giphy.gif

Philadelphia Eagles: North Carolina wide receivers coach / co-offensive coordinator / recruiting coordinator Gunter Brewer is leaving the staff to become the new wide receivers coach with the Eagles, according to Inside Carolina. Brewer has spent the past six seasons on Larry Fedora’s staff at UNC and also previously coached at Oklahoma State (co-OC and wide receivers coach), and has also coached the wide receivers at Marshall, ETSU, Ole Miss, and Wake Forest.

Prairie View A&M: R. Todd Littlejohn has joined the staff as safeties coach / special teams coordinator, per source. Littlejohn previously coached at New Mexico State and Scottsdale CC (JC – AZ).

Utah State: DeAndre Smith has been hired as the running backs coach at Utah State, sources tell FootballScoop. Smith has previously coached at North Carolina, Purdue, Syracuse, New Mexico, Illinois and UNLV.