2017 LSU Game | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2017 LSU Game

W

We also aren't:
Baylor, Duke, or NC State - 3 other programs currently doing a LOT better than we are on the field, and who routinely go bowling, primarily due to scheduling winnable OOC games.

Meanwhile - SU keeps on scheduling 1-3 potential losses for every OOC.

Just look back at 2012.
Our best team in a decade, yet we started off 1-3 due to taking losses vs Northwestern, USC, and Minne.
Sigh.
That team came into it's own as the season progressed, Minny? Minnesota finished 2012 6-7 overall, 2-6 in the B1G. If we're afraid to schedule that kind of team then we should just drop down to FCS and call it a freaking day. Northwestern was a bit of fluke during that time period as well. 2 good years if I remember right and we hit them while they were red hot. That was 3 P5 teams. This year we have Colgate, UCONN, and USF. It doesn't get much better than that.

If I go to this game I'll be so hammered I won't care if SU gets crushed.

That team came into it's own as the season progressed, Minny? Minnesota finished 2012 6-7 overall, 2-6 in the B1G. If we're afraid to schedule that kind of team then we should just drop down to FCS and call it a freaking day. Northwestern was a bit of fluke during that time period as well. 2 good years if I remember right and we hit them while they were red hot. That was 3 P5 teams. This year we have Colgate, UCONN, and USF. It doesn't get much better than that.

Oh, and some other little private university called Notre Dame - did you forget about them?
Top 10-ish non-con opponent.
At Met Life. home game.

USF is no gimme. They are WAY more highly regarded than we are these days.
We'll probably be a TD 'dog in that game, if not more. In spite of being in the Dome.

Let's get back to going to a bowl game every year for a few years, before we worry about challenging ourselves one iota more than necessary in the OOC part of the season.

721Comstock said:
Oh, and some other little private university called Notre Dame - did you forget about them? Top 10-ish non-con opponent. At Met Life. home game. USF is no gimme. They are WAY more highly regarded than we are these days. We'll probably be a TD 'dog in that game, if not more. In spite of being in the Dome. Let's get back to going to a bowl game every year for a few years, before we worry about challenging ourselves one iota more than necessary in the OOC part of the season.

When we scheduled USF they were in a downward spiral. ND game would have happened anyways as a part of the agreement. This years schedule is fine.

Oh, and some other little private university called Notre Dame - did you forget about them?
Top 10-ish non-con opponent.
At Met Life. home game.

USF is no gimme. They are WAY more highly regarded than we are these days.
We'll probably be a TD 'dog in that game, if not more. In spite of being in the Dome.

Let's get back to going to a bowl game every year for a few years, before we worry about challenging ourselves one iota more than necessary in the OOC part of the season.
You do realize that we can only count 1 FCS game towards bowl eligibility right? USF is a non-P5 team from the AAC. Sometimes those types of teams get hot. USF was 4-8 in 2014. Scheduling doesn't happen the night before the season begins, these games have been locked up for a while. Yeah the ND game is tough, but at the same time, USF/UCONN/Colgate were designed to be wins period. And even though USF is no slouch, they lose ALOT on their offensive line as they graduated 2 OL and a TE.

I just got permission from the significant other to attend LSU next year. My next mission is to convince CuseTroop to fly from Alaska to Seattle and make the journey with me. Adam and I did some damage in downtown Seattle this past winter; I'd love to see what we can do in The Big Easy.

It's not Minnesota on their own that was a big deal. It was Minnesota on the road...on top of USC on a neutral field, Northwestern, and Missouri on the road. They don't all have to be powerhouses. 4 power conference teams(3 of them away from home) in one season is dumb.

I just got permission from the significant other to attend LSU next year. My next mission is to convince CuseTroop to fly from Alaska to Seattle and make the journey with me. Adam and I did some damage in downtown Seattle this past winter; I'd love to see what we can do in The Big Easy.

Louisiana Response: Challenge accepted.

We should have a large Orange contingent in Baton Rouge. Is it 2017 yet?

Louisiana Response: Challenge accepted.

We should have a large Orange contingent in Baton Rouge. Is it 2017 yet?

Challenge-Accepted-Gif-Barney-06.jpg

This year we have Colgate, UCONN, and USF. It doesn't get much better than that.

be careful with USF, I saw better team speed in every position across the board last year. speed kills. I know this might be board fodder, but USF could be a loss for us

rocklloyd said:
be careful with USF, I saw better team speed in every position across the board last year. speed kills. I know this might be board fodder, but USF could be a loss for us

I don't think anyone is looking past them. But I do think we should win at home this year in a shootout.

They are clearly the second best OOC team this year.

So could UCONN. The game is on the road and we aren't ready to proclaim victory over anyone yet. Fact is though we were basically in a shoot-out with USF last year until that boneheaded hit out of bounds. That game didn't get away from us until late. Fact also is that with the exception of some familiar faces, what we will be doing against them will be completely different that last year. Don't look at last year's game as any kind of guage, we aren't that team anymore, especially since Lester's offense was supposed to be run by Hunt originally, not Dungey. Dungey was a true frosh last year who was taking backup reps until the 2nd week of the season. This is now his team, and his offense to run. USF will be a tough game, not unwinnable by any means though.

So could UCONN. The game is on the road and we aren't ready to proclaim victory over anyone yet. Fact is though we were basically in a shoot-out with USF last year until that boneheaded hit out of bounds. That game didn't get away from us until late. Fact also is that with the exception of some familiar faces, what we will be doing against them will be completely different that last year. Don't look at last year's game as any kind of guage, we aren't that team anymore, especially since Lester's offense was supposed to be run by Hunt originally, not Dungey. Dungey was a true frosh last year who was taking backup reps until the 2nd week of the season. This is now his team, and his offense to run. USF will be a tough game, not unwinnable by any means though.

Good points. I'd add that UCONN is offensively inconsistent and rely on defense. Advantage new Syracuse O. USF will be another shoot out as both teams will have good offense with questions on D. But this time the heat and mugginess of FL will be negated and our offense will be better. Slight advantage Syracuse.

Part of the problem with the fair weather part of the fan base is the damned if we do damned if we don't aspect. If we play lower level teams, even power conference lower level teams, they say, "So what, they haven't beaten anyone good." If we play good teams, they say, "They can't win." I think there are enough winnable games on the schedule to justify playing a big name non-conference team next year. If people are down on us, it won't be because we lost to LSU, FSU, or Clemson. It'll be because we lost to teams we can beat. Louisville is good but should not be feared, and Miami is not the Miami of old.

Very true, the fair weather fan bitches about w/l and at the same time bitches about Marque names and Match ups. Tell you the truth, even with the last 10-12 tough years we have had as cuse fb fans, it was the big games like lsu, fsu, a top 10 cinncy and wvu team, and even the iowa game that made me hold onto my seasons over the years. Geeeez, that iowa game and their fans were fun!

And it could've/should've been a win last year. A freak punt play in the first half and an OOB hit as momentum was shifting in the second half sealed the team's fate. SU will outscore USF this year.

I hear so many wanting to go to the LSU game.. I wonder what the allotment will be?

I hear so many wanting to go to the LSU game.. I wonder what the allotment will be?

The only games where I can recall that being an issue were Michigan 98 (really low allotment) and ND 05 (first time playing there and everyone wanted a ticket). Even ND 08 wasn't a tough ticket thru SU.

I think a lot of people here want to go, but I doubt anyone gets denied. We had good sized crowds at Tennessee 01 and Auburn 02. I wasn't a season ticket holder, nor a donor back then and had no trouble buying up 10-15 tickets for our group. I'd imagine the same will apply for LSU. Hopefully we don't have to send any back.

We have to play this game or P5 schools won't give us home/homes.

LSU is going kill us but we should enjoy the environment and hope to get better from it. Dino gets 4 years before the hotseat even starts. He gets it and had experience this program doesn't have a meathead leading it anymore.

I look forward to this game.

some google stuff says SEC teams get 10K and other teams around 8K.. that may not be up to date though

We have to play this game or P5 schools won't give us home/homes.

LSU is going kill us but we should enjoy the environment and hope to get better from it. Dino gets 4 years before the hotseat even starts. He gets it and had experience this program doesn't have a meathead leading it anymore.

I look forward to this game.

I agree with the rest of your statement but respectfully and completely disagree with the bolded portion. LSU is a good team, no doubt, but Syracuse will be a better team than they were last season. LSU may have several kids playing in the NFL next season, and too many other potentials for LSU. Don't mark this down as a loss more than a year out, that is crazy talk. I am not saying this should be marked as a W either, that, too, is craszy talkt more than a year out.

I agree with the rest of your statement but respectfully and completely disagree with the bolded portion. LSU is a good team, no doubt, but Syracuse will be a better team than they were last season. LSU may have several kids playing in the NFL next season, and too many other potentials for LSU. Don't mark this down as a loss more than a year out, that is crazy talk. I am not saying this should be marked as a W either, that, too, is craszy talkt more than a year out.
Dino said, "We will win!"
I'll be there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom