2017 No Huddle Tour | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2017 No Huddle Tour

chris carlson‏Verified account @ccarlsononSU 20m20 minutes ago
John Gillon's 3-pointer against Duke (@John_Gillon1) gets applause from audience during No-Huddle Tour stop. Shown on highlight r

Boeheim mentions Tyler Lydon getting drafted (applause), mentions Hakim Warrick's recruitment (applause).

Matt Park mentions Boeheim's gold medals (applause).

Wildhack expresses optimism on football, lists road schedule. Crowd goes "whoa."

Wildhack notes Syracuse football finds itself in recruiting battles with P5 schools now. Makes the aircraft carrier reference.

Wildhack discussing SU's Nike deal, which will end in a few years. Says Nike has first crack but SU will talk to Under Armour and Adidas.

Boeheim on Cornell game: I hope my son plays well. And I hope we win. (Laughter and applause).

Wildhack on whether Dome will be hard roof: We're looking at a variety of options. We're looking at a variety of models.

Wildhack on seatbacks: I know it's a priority for fans, along with air conditioning. ... Stresses they care greatly about fan experience.

Also said running buses from Albany to football games a definite possibility. Said that came up at Rochester No Huddle and there will be buses running to 2 games (maybe via local Alumni group). My question - as were the hard roof and Q recruiting trips to Paris questions. :)

chris carlson‏Verified account @ccarlsononSU 20m20 minutes ago
John Gillon's 3-pointer against Duke (@John_Gillon1) gets applause from audience during No-Huddle Tour stop. Shown on highlight r

Boeheim mentions Tyler Lydon getting drafted (applause), mentions Hakim Warrick's recruitment (applause).

Matt Park mentions Boeheim's gold medals (applause).

Wildhack expresses optimism on football, lists road schedule. Crowd goes "whoa."

Wildhack notes Syracuse football finds itself in recruiting battles with P5 schools now. Makes the aircraft carrier reference.

Wildhack discussing SU's Nike deal, which will end in a few years. Says Nike has first crack but SU will talk to Under Armour and Adidas.

Boeheim on Cornell game: I hope my son plays well. And I hope we win. (Laughter and applause).

Wildhack on whether Dome will be hard roof: We're looking at a variety of options. We're looking at a variety of models.

Wildhack on seatbacks: I know it's a priority for fans, along with air conditioning. ... Stresses they care greatly about fan experience.
Also reiterated importance of not losing seasons due to Dome renovation.

"We know what we want to do, but we can't find the money, so we are seeing what they have at wal-mart."

No way do I believe they are still evaluating options at this point because they don't know what is out there.

Was asked who was best shooter prior to 3 point line. Said Kid Kohls but shared a story about his second choice. Couldn't make out the name but it was someone Boeheim played with. Said the guy was always calling for the ball but JB would tell him he was 43 feet from the basket- so forget it. Matt Park said the guy went on to become a big SU supporter.

Can anyone figure out who he was talking about?

Was asked who was best shooter prior to 3 point line. Said Kid Kohls but shared a story about his second choice. Couldn't make out the name but it was someone Boeheim played with. Said the guy was always calling for the ball but JB would tell him he was 43 feet from the basket- so forget it. Matt Park said the guy went on to become a big SU supporter.

Can anyone figure out who he was talking about?
George Hicker?

So here's a question:

If you HAD to choose between
1) an LED roof, OR
2) a more transparent dome exterior, OR
3) a complete renovation of dome seating,

Which would you take?

So here's a question:

If you HAD to choose between
1) an LED roof, OR
2) a more transparent dome exterior, OR
3) a complete renovation of dome seating,

Which would you take?
ETFE roof and walls, with as much ETFE used as possible. They have plain aluminum benches with no backs at Penn State, Notre Dame and Michigan and no one seems to mind. I don't care much about having a real seat to sit in. AC would be nice but except for 1 or 2 days a year, it is irrelevant to me.

The lighting isn't very important to me either but it will obviously need to be replaced with the new roof. As far as I can tell, everyone is going with LED lights now (Syracuse based manufacturer www.ephesuslighting.com), so that should absolutely not be an issue.

We should definitely replace the lighting. LED has so many advantages:. instant on, color choices with a flip of a switch, reduced power requirements, lighter, new wireways with smaller gauged conductors and longer life on the actual bulbs. Plus you talk to Crouse-Hinds/Ephesus/Eaton about putting them in for a naming rights of something.

Now this shot across the bow about Nike is bigger news than the Dome renovation. This is how you pay for HCDB long term. Along with the ACC TV revenue streams, there is absolutely no reason Babers should ever have to leave because of $$$.

This Nike announcement, either by accident or hopefully by design by ADJW, renews my faith in JW that he's looking at the big picture about how to increase revenue long term from multiple sources in order to keep a coach like Babers but also attract a big time Bball coach whenever JB retires.

Having great coaches >>>>>>>>>>> than a Dome redo in my humble opinion.

Now this shot across the bow about Nike is bigger news than the Dome renovation. This is how you pay for HCDB long term. Along with the ACC TV revenue streams, there is absolutely no reason Babers should ever have to leave because of $$$.

This Nike announcement, either by accident or hopefully by design by ADJW, renews my faith in JW that he's looking at the big picture about how to increase revenue long term from multiple sources in order to keep a coach like Babers but also attract a big time Bball coach whenever JB retires.

Having great coaches >>>>>>>>>>> than a Dome redo in my humble opinion.
There were some groans in the audience at the mention of Nike. I would expect any AD would try to maximize revenue from the apparel companies. JW did expound on how much SU is a national brand but he came off as fairly solicitous of Nike in terms of giving them the first shot. Would have liked to ask about dome naming rights stuff to see if any morsels dropped.

There were some groans in the audience at the mention of Nike. I would expect any AD would try to maximize revenue from the apparel companies. JW did expound on how much SU is a national brand but he came off as fairly solicitous of Nike in terms of giving them the first shot. Would have liked to ask about dome naming rights stuff to see if any morsels dropped.

The people in the audience have no idea about what really goes on behind the scenes to build and maintain a world class athletic department. $$$ drives the bus and feeds the engine...this Nike announcement is a huge deal and may be as big as the ACC TV deal relative to new revenue streams.

However, Babers knows that he has to prove his worth first on the field before he can demand more $$$. Year 3 will be a make or break year for both Babers & Wildhack.

Last edited:
Also said running buses from Albany to football games a definite possibility. Said that came up at Rochester No Huddle and there will be buses running to 2 games (maybe via local Alumni group). My question - as were the hard roof and Q recruiting trips to Paris questions. :)

Yay!!! For finally running buses to games from Albany! Geeeez, this has been in place for hoops games for years. I have said this tour coming to Albany without Dino was a waste of time. However, this potential bus system to cuse for football games is constructive.

yes they said definitely there will be hard roofs on buses if there are any buses

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom