2017 NYSPHSAA Boys Lacrosse Championships | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2017 NYSPHSAA Boys Lacrosse Championships

DCABBATXYAA0C_C.jpg

Can't wait for Matt Eccles at Albany.

ecclesjpg-fce7f28a218934d7.jpg

Best moment of the season: Every time I had to put the foil on.

I do not understand how the classifications work in lacrosse at all. The actual small schools that due offer the sport must love when a school with JD"s enrollment is in C.

I do not understand how the classifications work in lacrosse at all. The actual small schools that due offer the sport must love when a school with JD"s enrollment is in C.

Class A: 1050+
Class B: 750-1049
Class C: 425-749
Class D: 424 and below

JD was at 735 this year. CSH was at 504.

Class A: 1050+
Class B: 750-1049
Class C: 425-749
Class D: 424 and below

JD was at 735 this year. CSH was at 504.

these numbers are crazy and you have Lafayette and Tully competing against Westhill, Cazenovia, CBA, etc. They bloated the numbers because otherwise they wouldn't have enough legit Class D schools that compete in the sport.

these numbers are crazy and you have Lafayette and Tully competing against Westhill, Cazenovia, CBA, etc. They bloated the numbers because otherwise they wouldn't have enough legit Class D schools that compete in the sport.

These are the old classification numbers:
Class A: 1000+
Class B: 590-999
Class C: 589-below

Caz and CBA are both at 390
Tully and Lafayette are both at 210

You think they need a Class E?
Or should Lafayette and Tully merge like they're doing for football (Southern Hills)?

My understanding was that they divided all participating schools Statewide by 4 and aligned the classes that way (similar to other sports).

My understanding was that they divided all participating schools Statewide by 4 and aligned the classes that way (similar to other sports).
I can see CBA Syracuse moving since they are a private school. CBA Albany participates in Class A. I have heard that there is discretion for privates.

These are the old classification numbers:
Class A: 1000+
Class B: 590-999
Class C: 589-below

Caz and CBA are both at 390
Tully and Lafayette are both at 210

You think they need a Class E?
Or should Lafayette and Tully merge like they're doing for football (Southern Hills)?

Why would Caz play in Class B football and Class D lacrosse? :crazy:

JD plays Class A football.

I know that and that's my point. they shouldn't be. You wouldn't have Lafayette playing Class B football.

Ah but LaFayette did play in Class B for two years after they combined with Fabius Pompey for football. Those were some rough games to watch, especially that 90-0 beating from Westhill.

The new class breakdown really didn't change much from the old. LaFayette, Tully, Westhill, Caz, CBA, Skan, Marcellus, and Homer have always played each other. I'm sure we'll see a few teams petition to move between classes. I can see JD probably going back to B after the way they dominated every C/D school they played with exception to Homer and Cold Spring Harbor and maybe CBA moving back into C.

Ah but LaFayette did play in Class B for two years after they combined with Fabius Pompey for football. Those were some rough games to watch, especially that 90-0 beating from Westhill.

The new class breakdown really didn't change much from the old. LaFayette, Tully, Westhill, Caz, CBA, Skan, Marcellus, and Homer have always played each other. I'm sure we'll see a few teams petition to move between classes. I can see JD probably going back to B after the way they dominated every C/D school they played with exception to Homer and Cold Spring Harbor and maybe CBA moving back into C.

It used to just be A and B if I remember correctly. I believe the old OHSL was Tully, Lafayette, Homer, Jordan Elbridge, Skanneatlas, Marcellus.

Can't remember where cortland fell. I think with JD, ESM, CBA and Nottingham.

Class A was Genny, FM, Henninger, CNS, Liverpool, BVille.

Not sure about schools like Auburn, Oswego, Fulton, RFA, General Brown, Whitesboro, IHC. I believe they all had teams though. I don't recall any other section 3 teams.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom