2017 NYSPHSAA Boys Lacrosse Championships | Syracusefan.com

2017 NYSPHSAA Boys Lacrosse Championships

Class A

No. 24 state-ranked Baldwinsville (13-6) advances to a state quarterfinal against Section IV champion Ithaca (15-2) at 4 p.m. Wednesday at Corning High School. The Little Red are ranked No. 11 in this week's state Class A poll.

The winner moves on to a semifinal on June 7 (also a Wednesday) at St. John Fisher College in Rochester against either the Section V or Section VI champion.

Class B

East Syracuse Minoa (11-7) will face Section IV champion Vestal (14-3) at 4 p.m. Wednesday at Vestal High School. The Golden Bears are No. 18 in this week's state rankings.

The winner moves on to a state semifinal June 7 at St. John Fisher College against either the Section V or Section VI champion.

Class C

No. 2 state-ranked Jamesville-DeWitt (18-1) will play Section IV champion Johnson City (12-5) at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at Corning High School. The Wildcats were not ranked in this week's state poll.

The winner moves on to a state quarterfinal against the Section X champion at 2 p.m. Saturday, June 3 at SUNY-Canton. This is a new site and game time.

That winner advances to the state semifinals against the Section V vs. VI winner at 4 p.m. June 7 at Cicero-North Syracuse High School.

Class D

No. 5 state-ranked Christian Brothers Academy (14-5) will play Section IV champion Chenango Forks (17-1) at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at Vestal High School. The Blue Devils are No. 4 in this week's state rankings.

The winner advances to a state quarterfinal match-up against the Section X champion at 4:30 p.m. Saturday, June 3 at SUNY-Canton. This is a new site and game time.

That winner moves on the the state semifinals against the Section V vs. VI winner at 6:30 p.m. June 7 at C-NS.

The state finals are Saturday, June 10 at St. John Fisher College -- Class A at 10 a.m., Class B at 12:30 p.m., Class C at 3 p.m. and Class D at 5:30.

http://highschoolsports.syracuse.co...s-what-more-could-you-ask-for-and-whats-next/

Section 2 hasn't even been finalized yet and the other sections are playing first round state games. And section 2 has half the teams. Not sure why they can't determine their champ sooner.

Section 2 class C teams are just terrible though. Glens Falls vs Scotia on tv right now and they stink. JD would beat both of these teams by 20.

GF has a freshman to watch though. Hogan Fox. Kid can play.

Last edited:
Class A Semis: Wed June 7, 4:00 PM
(1)Lakeland-Panas vs (11)Ward Melville [at UAlbany]
(3)Baldwinsville vs (5)Pittsford [at St John Fisher]

Class B Semis: Wed June 7, 6:30 PM
(1)Yorktown vs (8)Garden City [at UAlbany]
(4)Vestal vs (5)Victor [at St John Fisher]

Class C Semis: Wed June 7, 4:00 PM
(1)Pleasantville vs (8)Cold Spring Harbor [at Adelphi]
(3)Jamesville-DeWitt vs (5)Palmyra-Macedon [at CNS]

Jamesville-DeWitt boys lacrosse earns trip to Class C state final four

Class D Semis: Wed June 7, 6:30 PM
(1)Westlake vs (11)Babylon [at Adelphi]
(3)CBA vs (6)Akron [at CNS]

Christian Brothers Academy boys lacrosse earns trip to Class D final four

Last edited:
Anyone want to leave JD v Canton updates here...?
OrangeXtreme
You got any updates on this game, can't find anything right now.

Last edited:
Anyone want to leave JD v Canton updates here...?
OrangeXtreme
You got any updates on this game, can't find anything right now.

No coverage today.

Everyone from the Post-Standard must be at Taste of Syracuse.

Spectrum has the Grand Isl/PalMac game on Ch 323, and 324, and 325.

No coverage today.

Everyone from the Post-Standard must be at Taste of Syracuse.

Spectrum has the Grand Isl/PalMac game on Ch 323, and 324, and 325.

I've been watching the other games on spectrum, thought maybe they'd show the final score.

Cba won very handily over st lawerence, winning 23-8...

Akron won and what a game, Owen hill with an amazing pass to find player for game winning shot, at least twenty yard pass, and Owen ends game with 6 goals and 2 assist. Plays f/o and two way. Outstanding performance.

Penn yan has another Fingar that is committed to Albany (along with hill) that had I think 5,2. And is only a sophomore, kid is gonna be good when senior year comes, I'd look to see more teams approach him, he faces off as well.

Best game of the day that was on tv and probably the best game of the day regardless of tv.

Bville up on Pittsford at end of 1st 4-2

Class C and D games were supposed to be on tv and they changed it...

Halftime:

JD 14, PalMac 1

Cook 5 & 2
Archer 2 & 1
Kiesa 3 & 0
Are you at the game?
Was gonna go but figured I'd just watch on tv but spectrum switched the games...

Bville Pittsford 6-6 at the half.
Fiorni has I believe just one goal might have an assist not sure...

Rectum is live streaming the game through their Spectrum News app.

But you can only watch on a phone or other mobile device.

Halftime

Ward Melville 7, Lakeland Panas 3

CSH 3, Pleasantville 2

CSH v. JD could be an epic Final in C. Amazing talent at those schools for the enrollment.

Final:

JD 20. PalMac 6

Unofficially

Cook 6 & 2
Archer 3 & 2
Kiesa 3 & 0
I was looking at the stats on Syracuse.com and saw that archer had 136 points going into the game and I believe he now has 141 points on the season.

If JD gets CSH that will be a game.
CSH is a top nationally ranked team too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom