2017 Recruiting predictions | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Recruiting predictions

Thorpe can back up/take FH's job at the 1, slide to the 2 as TB is capable of playing the 1 or 3 as well.

The playing times already built in for Thorpe, it's not 30 mins a game but it could grow to be.

Thorpe can back up/take FH's job at the 1, slide to the 2 as TB is capable of playing the 1 or 3 as well.

The playing times already built in for Thorpe, it's not 30 mins a game but it could grow to be.
Yep.

I mean if Thorpe wanted to be the dude, he would stay at USF - he was the dude last year. I'm sure he understands his best way to get looked at by NBA teams is how he fits in as a complimentary piece - a guy who can be come in, create for his teammates, his open shots, etc.

Yep.

I mean if Thorpe wanted to be the dude, he would stay at USF - he was the dude last year. I'm sure he understands his best way to get looked at by NBA teams is how he fits in as a complimentary piece - a guy who can be come in, create for his teammates, his open shots, etc.
Doesn't have to be the most talented man on the roster to be the guy at SU, check out Gillon last year. We have enough spotlight to go around. I think this is a very good situation for him to come to.

I think the questions below are fair to ask. I post them not to stir up controversy, but to simply point out that Hughes, Thorpe and Marek are not our top choices. They might prove to be valuable members of the team, no one knows for sure.

Who would you prefer, Quade or Thorpe?

Who would you prefer, Ayala or Thorpe?

Who would you prefer, Tucker or Thorpe or Marek?

Who would you prefer, Wright or Marek?

Who would you prefer, Sid W. or Marek?

Also consider that Hughes may or may not be a P5 capable player, and cannot play this season.

Question:

If we round out the class with Hughes, Thorpe, and Marek, do you call it a "settle?"

I do.

Only have two more slots. Hughes counts as 9th scholarship. We have 11.
Duh! I knew that. Maybe subconsciously I was thinking the Nazi's were going to give us back one.

I think the questions below are fair to ask. I post them not to stir up controversy, but to simply point out that Hughes, Thorpe and Marek are not our top choices. They might prove to be valuable members of the team, no one knows for sure.

Who would you prefer, Quade or Thorpe?

Who would you prefer, Ayala or Thorpe?

Who would you prefer, Tucker or Thorpe or Marek?

Who would you prefer, Wright or Marek?

Who would you prefer, Sid W. or Marek?

Also consider that Hughes may or may not be a P5 capable player, and cannot play this season.

Question:

If we round out the class with Hughes, Thorpe, and Marek, do you call it a "settle?"

I do.
We didn't get Quade so are we just supposed to quit and fold the program?

No one is calling Thorpe better than Quade.

But we didn't get Quade, move on.

We won't get Cam Reddish either, but that doesn't mean we should refuse to play in the 2018 season.

Also - Quade Green isn't exactly John Stockton - and Thorpe isnt' exactly a D2 level talent.

Step back and get some perspective

We didn't get Quade so are we just supposed to quit and fold the program?

No one is calling Thorpe better than Quade.

But we didn't get Quade, move on.

We won't get Cam Reddish either, but that doesn't mean we should refuse to play in the 2018 season.

Also - Quade Green isn't exactly John Stockton - and Thorpe isnt' exactly a D2 level talent.

Step back and get some perspective

There are countless other names I could've plugged into the above questions besides Quade. There were other top PG players that expressed interest that we did not pursue.

But, I agree you can't give up on a season when you miss out on recruits. I'll give the SU staff credit for trying to salvage this class.

But IMO this would be a settle, and under our standards. I hope as much as you do that all of our 2017 recruits, signed and yet to sign pan out, I'm not your enemy. I'm on the same team.

That would be a dream scenario.
That would be amazing. The best we could hope for, too. Great for the upcoming year, and if Tucker stays a 2nd year, we'd be in good shape with him and Hughes locked in, with open scholarships for Carey/Swider/Whoever else.

If that happened I wouldn't be surprised to see a backcourt defection and we try to get Solejaz as well. Tucker can play the 2 where needed.
Addition by subtraction then?

Jazz pls LMAO take a breather.

I am, thank you. I'm at the beach with sun, sand and palm trees trying to forget about how we're going to recruit for 2018 if we make a second consecutive NIT.

It's not so much that the guys we got in 2017 aren't good. They project fairly well long-term. But I don't think (outside of OB) they will be ready to contribute in 2017, and we need them to be. A second straight NIT will make it even more challenging to recruit. But, hey I'm on vacation, so... Go 'Cuse!

There are countless other names I could've plugged into the above questions besides Quade. There were other top PG players that expressed interest that we did not pursue.

But, I agree you can't give up on a season when you miss out on recruits. I'll give the SU staff credit for trying to salvage this class.

But IMO this would be a settle, and under our standards. I hope as much as you do that all of our 2017 recruits, signed and yet to sign pan out, I'm not your enemy. I'm on the same team.
What are our standards? And if we didn't pursue a particular player, that player is irrelevant.

What are our standards? And if we didn't pursue a particular player, that player is irrelevant.

I guess you'll have to go back through my previous threads if you truly want to understand my perspective on what SU standards are... I'm on vacation. Go Orange!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom