2017 Spring Prospectus/ Depth Chart | Syracusefan.com

2017 Spring Prospectus/ Depth Chart

i wonder who the person is who picks the names for the pronunciation chart? It's always my favorite.

It's always some names needing pronunciation help coupled with a few names needing no assistance. The person is very consistent in how they pick.

Can not wait to see the interesting discussions on the two deep Popcorn

Some interesting stuff with it (yes I know it doesn't mean much)

C6-25UvWkAArd2V.jpg:large

Stephen Bailey‏Verified account @Stephen_Bailey1 19m19 minutes ago
Syracuse spring depth chart: rFr. Airon Servais starting at right guard, WR Jamal Custis starting over Devin Butler, OL Evan Adams unlisted

Other notes: JUCO LB Ryan Guthrie working at Will, grad xfer CB Devin Butler 2nd team with Cordell Hudson and Chris Fredrick starting

Other unlisted players who have known medical limitations: S Daivon Ellison, DT Steven Clark. CB Juwan Dowels coming off knee injury.

Also worth noting that So. Kenneth Ruff will be working at DT. He gives SU four healthy interior defensive linemen for spring ball.

No Adams, but they say AET, Estime, and Winfield are the only starters not returning. Wonder what's up.

Lots of youth again on the offense line. Let's hope there's reason for optimism there.

As of right now, Custis replaces AET as the stretch wide receiver. No pressure!

With Clarke suspended and Ellison out, safety is super thin this spring. Those positions and corner are wide open.

I will expect Guthrie to make a push for one of the LB spots. Also think D Butler will snag one of the CB spots when its all said and done. Fredrick and Hudson will battle for the other spot. Mykelti will push Rodney out by the summer. Interesting to see Adams not in the two deep. Overweight? Servais must be really good. We have better depth at OL now. I'm a little nervous about Liam being 267 pounds. He could struggle at that weight if Conway was to go down. If Custis was to struggle. I would imagine D Butler will go in instead of Aldy.

good stuff.

I'd love to see Adly Enoicy make the leap. He and Custis could do damage.

Our top two tight ends, might not even own a Syracuse T-shirt at this point. Pretty crazy, but exciting at the same time.

Custis and Butler will be starts at wide receiver .

I will expect Guthrie to make a push for one of the LB spots. Also think D Butler will snag one of the CB spots when its all said and done. Fredrick and Hudson will battle for the other spot. Mykelti will push Rodney out by the summer. Interesting to see Adams not in the two deep. Overweight? Servais must be really good. We have better depth at OL now. I'm a little nervous about Liam being 267 pounds. He could struggle at that weight if Conway was to go down. If Custis was to struggle. I would imagine D Butler will go in instead of Aldy.

If Guthrie beats out Parris then we've got ourselves a player.

I said one of the spots. Put the best 3 out there. LB's are flexible at positions
Regardless of Guthrie starts he is one hell of a player. Our linebackers are probably the strength of our defense. Even Jonathan Thomas isn't bad. I have always wondered why they don't play him at safety with him being 200 lbs and pretty fast.

good stuff.

I'd love to see Adly Enoicy make the leap. He and Custis could do damage.

Me too, surprised custis or enoicy wasnt moved to TE and conditioned to gain 20#. We need help at TE. Then again, not every reciever is cut out to play on the interior and mix it up in the run game.

Regardless of Guthrie starts he is one hell of a player. Our linebackers are probably the strength of our defense. Even Jonathan Thomas isn't bad. I have always wondered why they don't play him at safety with him being 200 lbs and pretty fast.

I have loved Thomas for years too. Built like an MMA fighter and strong and fast for 210#.

The flurry (pun intended) of SU football news this week is much needed. Very happy to get mind off a very odd hoops season and on spring football.

- For the first time in a long time, we have some solid depth along the offensive live. Clark, Servais, and Heckel all look to be players as R.Fr.

- Can't wait to see what Pierce looks like

- Three man rotation at outside receiver, doubt Aldy plays in the fall. A true frosh will have an opportunity.

- Guthrie will start over Thomas. Thomas can't cover and is too small. Made for Shafer's blitz heavy system not cover 2. Guthrie is a much better fit.

- Corner is wide open. Expect Butler to start but after that it could be 4 guys.

- Mykelti: come ready to play. A lot.

The flurry (pun intended) of SU football news this week is much needed. Very happy to get mind off a very odd hoops season and on spring football.

- For the first time in a long time, we have some solid depth along the offensive live. Clark, Servais, and Heckel all look to be players as R.Fr.

- Three man rotation at outside receiver, doubt Aldy plays in the fall. A true frosh will have an opportunity.

- Guthrie will start over Thomas. Thomas can't cover and is too small. Made for Shafer's blitz heavy system not cover 2. Guthrie is a much better fit.

- Corner is wide open. Expect Butler to start but after that it could be 4 guys.

Adly played last year. Caught a nice ball down the seam I think one of the only times they threw it to him. I expect a true frosh to be in the mix but I'm not counting the kid out until he's out.

I really disagree with Guthrie. I learned over the years that people like new shiny toys. I think people are vastly underselling our current players and over rating the players coming in. If the 3 best linebackers start Armstrong will be the 3rd. I like Guthrie don't get me wrong but he was playing juco, it's not realistic expectations to say he is going to come in here and start over our current players. I believe he will be nice depth.

i wonder who the person is who picks the names for the pronunciation chart? It's always my favorite.

It's always some names needing pronunciation help coupled with a few names needing no assistance. The person is very consistent in how they pick.

Is Steve Clark on it? I can never get that one right.

Small corners again? We finally add a talented long corner from a premier program with Devin Butler and we relegate him to backup. He should be a day 1 starter. Especially over Fredericks

Small corners again? We finally add a talented long corner from a premier program with Devin Butler and we relegate him to backup. He should be a day 1 starter. Especially over Fredericks
Fredrick*
No one should be handed the starting job. Come in and you have to earn, which Fredrick did last year. I'm sure when real games roll around Butler will be starting.

This spring Dino should place a big 76 on all defensive players helmets & in their meeting rooms to give them some juice to improve over 2016.

They brought in 4 guys, 2 of whom are corners and one who is actually on campus. It's college ball. Gotta work with what you got.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom