2017 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training Thread... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training Thread...

I'm tempted to say bitterly, "Screw the World Baseball thing" but injuries like this happen anyway. Fortunately (and I like Didi) they have options until he gets back. Torreyes, Wade, Kozma, even Tejada or Castro. We've been in worse situations. Go Yanks!
this is what I cant get my head around.

he supposedly did it, turning a double play.

a play that he would be expected to do, at a high level of athleticness...even in Tampa.

so I cant blame the WBC.

Tex hurt his wrist swinging a bat. what? did he all of a sudden forget how to swing it properly when at the WBC?? no, happens.

now, if someone Rose-Fosse's someone...different story. this is just how it is.

I was more mad when that schmuck on the bluejays slammed into Jeter when he was covering 3rd, during like game 2 one year and he was out till after memorial day I think.

this is what I cant get my head around.

he supposedly did it, turning a double play.

a play that he would be expected to do, at a high level of athleticness...even in Tampa.

so I cant blame the WBC.

Tex hurt his wrist swinging a bat. what? did he all of a sudden forget how to swing it properly when at the WBC?? no, happens.

now, if someone Rose-Fosse's someone...different story. this is just how it is.

I was more mad when that schmuck on the bluejays slammed into Jeter when he was covering 3rd, during like game 2 one year and he was out till after memorial day I think.

Just to play devil's advocate... he was playing second base, not shortstop. Still, as you point out, players get hurt. Sometimes it just can't be helped. Who's to say Didi (or Tex) wouldn't have gotten hurt if they were in Tampa? Stuff happens. Although it stinks for the Yanks, it's most likely a short term situation.

Yeah, that was Opening Day in 2003 with Ken Huckaby, their catcher. He "dove" knees-first with his shin pads on into Jeter who was sliding into third and separated his shoulder. I criticized him for that on a baseball forum, and all the Jays fans there, most of whom are also loontoon Leafs fans (read: don't know shyte from shine) got all uppity. I mean, nobody pays $50 to watch a career backup, and he goes and takes out one of the games greatest stars ever? That's why he never amounted to anything, because he's freaking dense.

Last edited:
That's it, knew it was at 3rd.

That was pretty egregious.

And SUfanNJ. I didn't know he was playing 2nd, that is sort of a different throwing motion.

But still, with shifts or even him deep in the hole going to 2nd that motion comes into play, but a good Devils advocate example there.

Yankees PR Dept.
Prior to today’s game, the Yankees optioned RHP Luis Cessa to Triple-A Scranton/WB and reassigned him to minor league camp, and reassigned INF Ji-Man Choi, OF Dustin Fowler, OF Clint Frazier, LHP Jason Gurka and OF Billy McKinney to minor league camp.

so what do we got...

Tanaka on Sunday
CC on Tuesday
Pineda on Wednesday

then in theory, they could go right back to Tanaka on Friday, but getting someone a start in there and giving Tanaka the little warmer at 4pm Saturday start is likely the call.

if they carry all the extra relievers, I say give it to Warren, then worry about a 4 & a 5 at end of week 2.

plus if they start #4, then its Pineda on Mondays Home Opener and not the #4.

either way...God Help Us...

so what do we got...

Tanaka on Sunday
CC on Tuesday
Pineda on Wednesday

then in theory, they could go right back to Tanaka on Friday, but getting someone a start in there and giving Tanaka the little warmer at 4pm Saturday start is likely the call.

if they carry all the extra relievers, I say give it to Warren, then worry about a 4 & a 5 at end of week 2.

plus if they start #4, then its Pineda on Mondays Home Opener and not the #4.

either way...God Help Us...

I can see Sevy starting in Scranton, but he'll be lined up to pitch the same day the Yankees #4 or #5 pitches, so he can be called up if necessary.

I can see Sevy starting in Scranton, but he'll be lined up to pitch the same day the Yankees #4 or #5 pitches, so he can be called up if necessary.
I think that will happen too.

its why I said Warren.

bring all the pen arms and start him on Friday.

get Sevy an extra start or 2 in extended Spring or in Scranton then give him the #5.

if need be, the next guy in Scranton can be the #5 as we all shift up 1 as Warren goes to the 5th-6th.

OK guys. Lifelong Yankees fan but aside from a day at Wrigley I've totally fallen off the baseball bus for the past two years. What would be the thumbnail sketch on the team's chances this year and who should I be keeping an eye on?

Michael Kay had Cashman on today. Final decisions will be made on roster before tomorrow's game. Kay expects Hicks to beat out Judge for RF spot. He said the organization (sans Hal) LOVE Hicks. Kay said, and I agree, that I just don't see what the fuss is with him.

OK guys. Lifelong Yankees fan but aside from a day at Wrigley I've totally fallen off the baseball bus for the past two years. What would be the thumbnail sketch on the team's chances this year and who should I be keeping an eye on?
If I am forced to make a prediction, I will say that the team will be within striking distance of the Wild Card until the last week or two of the season (just like last year). If the team ends up being more successful, it will probably be because Michael Pineda pitched to his potential and one or two of the young staters (e.g., Severino, Mitchell, Green, Montgomery, Cessa) had a breakout season. The thing to watch is if Gary Sanchez (C) and Greg Bird (1B) are the hitters they have shown signs of being. Even if the young guys struggle, I think the additions of Matt Holliday and Chris Carter will make this line up adequate. The bullpen is probably as good as any in MLB. Last year, a bullpen lead by Betances, Clippard, and Warren continued to perform well after Chapman and Miller were traded. Now Chapman is back.

Keep your expectations low and the season should be fun. Not often you get to see a quality youth movement in pin stripes.

C8LBqwkW0AAja7B.jpg

Didn't think Judge was getting the job after what I was hearing yesterday. I think it's the right call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom