2018 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Boston Red Sox Thread

The only one that hurts is the Travis Shaw trade. He might not have had a position here but Thornburg has been useless. Crazy that his two bullpen trades (Thornburg and Carson Smith) didn’t help us win.

Throwing logan allen into the Kimbrell trade seems like a lot. Guerra/Asuaje/Margot seems like it should have been enough or close enough to not have to throw a really promising arm in as well. Time will tell on Espinosa for Pomeranz and as you point out the Thornburg one hurts.

That said, you're going to win some and lose some and we've won more than our fair share: Nunez was excellent last year, Reed was really good too, Pearce and Eovaldi (enough said), Sale and Kimbrell have done roughly what you hoped they would do at least when healthy ... pretty solid record.

Alsacs - are you pleased the Sox are parting ways with Joe Kelly?

Source: Dodgers agree to deal with reliever Kelly
He pulled a Derek Lowe in the playoffs in 2004.
Lowe left in the offseason and went to the Dodgers.
Kelly was pure garbage in September to the point I didn’t want him on the playoff roster. He had a tremendous playoffs but I am not shedding a tear Kelly is gone.
Sox are going to sign Robertson and/or Ottavino.
8 million for 3 years no thank you for Kelly. He is a tease. The move to the NL and less intense market will help.

He pulled a Derek Lowe in the playoffs in 2004.
Lowe left in the offseason and went to the Dodgers.
Kelly was pure garbage in September to the point I didn’t want him on the playoff roster. He had a tremendous playoffs but I am not shedding a tear Kelly is gone.
Sox are going to sign Robertson and/or Ottavino.
8 million for 3 years no thank you for Kelly. He is a tease. The move to the NL and less intense market will help.

He was brutal in the second half generally. Like his attitude but paying him something like $8M for the next three seasons would be frustrating I think. That said he was pretty good in the playoffs for us and stl generally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom