2018 Fall Camp: Practice #8, Fri. August 10 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Fall Camp: Practice #8, Fri. August 10

Re: Custis

If the guy is getting run in the two deep, there is reason to expect more than nothing with an outside shot at breaking out. Nothing more, nothing less.
No. Better to dismiss a guy because of 12 seconds of footage in RVA's. Dude can't catch...see?! Don't even bring up that he caught actual touchdowns like in an actual real game. Drops in RVA's. All you need to know. Kid can't play. Will never amount to anything.

Will you guys move on already? Come up with someone else to dismiss.

No. Better to dismiss a guy because of 12 seconds of footage in RVA's. Dude can't catch...see?! Don't even bring up that he caught actual touchdowns like in an actual real game. Drops in RVA's. All you need to know. Kid can't play. Will never amount to anything.

He has two actual touchdowns in three seasons. This video is not the only time I have seen him play. Look I hope I am wrong. It would be awesome for the team and him if he had a good season I just don't see it happening.

Custis has many of the tools to be successful and yet he hasn't demonstrated a capacity for consistent, high-level performance, in this his 5th year in and around the program. He'll get his opportunity now.

Custis has many of the tools to be successful and yet he hasn't demonstrated a capacity for consistent, high-level performance, in this his 5th year in and around the program. He'll get his opportunity now.
On flanker screens, one of the WRs will be a blocker. Custis might be good at that, and obviously he can be a better run blocker than some of the others. At 6ft 5, he should create miss-matches in the red-zone. I believe he will have opportunities, even though several of the others might have better pass-catching skills and route-running skills.

Come on, not like we are accessing a frosh in that 12 seconds. We have seem enough of JC the last 3 years. Hasn't played to hos size and speed. Hopefully he figures it out, we need him.

One nice thing for Elmore is that he does get a redshirt year, not that I want that to happen.

Plus, this QB depth is amazing. Marrone would have killed for this kind of depth behind Nassib. Great job by the staff to build this up.

Last edited:
Kids that, may be, hugely flying under the radar:

Guthrie and Clarke.

Concerned i’ve heard nothing positive thus far of coley, iffy or stritz

One nice thing for Elmore is that he does get a redshirt year, not that I want that to happen.

Plus, this QB depth is amazing. Marrone would have killed for this kind of depth behind Nassib. Great job by the staff to build this up.

The qb room is great and Chance seems like a player who can spin it with some athleticism.

Yes, he will. What scares me is, he had that same chance last year pressure free as the second or third option as Ish was getting the attention. This year any bit of success and the focus will be on him. I like him in the slot.