Reed
Rose
Scott
Spieth
Stenson
Thomas
B. Watson

Excellent question.

1) I put quite a bit of value if at your peak you ever reached #1 in the world. So that hurts the following who never reached it - Bubba, Stenson, Rose, Garcia, Koepka, Reed

2) I heard an interesting statistic the other day. Since the end of 2008, up to the Canadian Open Dustin Johnson and Tiger Woods were tied for the most wins on the PGA tour, and Dustin Johnson just passed him. Rory and Jordan had to be pretty close as well.

3) Of all the one major winners, I think Dustin Johnson is clearly the best in part based on the above stat and has been at #1 at a few different times . So I put him above all the 1 major winners with Garcia perhaps being the closest pursuer because of overall global accomplishments.

4) To me the list has a few outliers;
a) Patrick Reed doesn't belong. He is the clear #11
b) Brooks Koepka, hard to place because of his odd resume - Only 4 wins, but 3 majors.
c) A clear top 2 in Speith and Mcilroy. Majors and Career Wins.
d) Bubba has 2 majors, but they are at Augusta which clearly favours him. Hasn't really done well at other majors.

So here is my list. #1 to #4 was easy, as was #11. In between it was tough,

#1. Rory McIlroy - I believe has the highest peak of the group in terms of world ranking points at any given time.

#2. Jordan Speith - Close to Rory. They both had the highest peaks on the list.

#3. Sergio Garcia - Of all the players on the list he likely has the most career weeks in the world top 5 or world top 10. Hasn't paid off in major wins, but he has many top 5's.

#4. Dustin Johnson - His peak value is greater than Sergio, and he is not far off in career wins (28 vs 19, with a career that is much shorter)

#5 Brooks Koepka - Hard to ignore 3 majors

#6 Adam Scott - Put him in above Henrik Stenson because he has been World #1.

#7 Henrik Stenson - Has had better peak years then Rose for example.

#8/9. Justin Thomas - Was close to Rose, but Rose just never had as great a year as Justin Thomas did last year. Rose has more career accomplishments, but Rose also had many dead years in his career.

#9/8 Justin Rose - He really didn't do too much until the age of 30.
#10. Bubba Watson - Two major wins, but inconsistent career. Thought of putting him above Thomas.
#11. Patrick Reed - Nice little career, but his highest World Rank is #7. He did not belong on this list.[/QUOTE]

Excellent question.

1) I put quite a bit of value if at your peak you ever reached #1 in the world. So that hurts the following who never reached it - Bubba, Stenson, Rose, Garcia, Koepka, Reed

2) I heard an interesting statistic the other day. Since the end of 2008, up to the Canadian Open Dustin Johnson and Tiger Woods were tied for the most wins on the PGA tour, and Dustin Johnson just passed him. Rory and Jordan had to be pretty close as well.

3) Of all the one major winners, I think Dustin Johnson is clearly the best in part based on the above stat and has been at #1 at a few different times . So I put him above all the 1 major winners with Garcia perhaps being the closest pursuer because of overall global accomplishments.

4) To me the list has a few outliers;
a) Patrick Reed doesn't belong. He is the clear #11
b) Brooks Koepka, hard to place because of his odd resume - Only 4 wins, but 3 majors.
c) A clear top 2 in Speith and Mcilroy. Majors and Career Wins.
d) Bubba has 2 majors, but they are at Augusta which clearly favours him. Hasn't really done well at other majors.

So here is my list. #1 to #4 was easy, as was #11. In between it was tough,

#1. Rory McIlroy - I believe has the highest peak of the group in terms of world ranking points at any given time.

#2. Jordan Speith - Close to Rory. They both had the highest peaks on the list.

#3. Sergio Garcia - Of all the players on the list he likely has the most career weeks in the world top 5 or world top 10. Hasn't paid off in major wins, but he has many top 5's.

#4. Dustin Johnson - His peak value is greater than Sergio, and he is not far off in career wins (28 vs 19, with a career that is much shorter)

#5 Brooks Koepka - Hard to ignore 3 majors

#6 Adam Scott - Put him in above Henrik Stenson because he has been World #1.

#7 Henrik Stenson - Has had better peak years then Rose for example.

#8/9. Justin Thomas - Was close to Rose, but Rose just never had as great a year as Justin Thomas did last year. Rose has more career accomplishments, but Rose also had many dead years in his career.

#9/8 Justin Rose - He really didn't do too much until the age of 30.
#10. Bubba Watson - Two major wins, but inconsistent career. Thought of putting him above Thomas.
#11. Patrick Reed - Nice little career, but his highest World Rank is #7. He did not belong on this list.
[/QUOTE]

The list was meant to capture recent major winners, so I limited it to 12. You omitted Jason Day. I could have added Walker, Dufner, Molinari, Willett, and a couple others but (outside perhaps Molinari), those guys are clearly in another category. Reed's Ryder Cup/Pres. Cup record separates him from the others imo.

There is no website worse at promoting its sport than PGATOUR.com

- Hard to find TV Times. I was looking last night to see if they would start broadcasting earlier. Not easy to find TV times in the first place, and when I saw it said 11:00 today... which it still says now. Thankfully I ignored the fact that they said TV was at 11:00 today, and saw that it was already on

- Still claims as of now that play is suspended even with a big red banner. Furthermore, when there is a weather delay shows nothing as to whether it is a short delay, long delay, delayed for the full day.

Whomever is in charge of that site needs a good kick in the ass.

sounds like SU AD quality

Ben Kern has been pretty impressive. The only PGA club pro (of the 20 invited) that made the cut. Usually they sink to the bottom over the weekend, the odd time to make the cut.

Instead he shot a 67 yesterday, and is 1 under today. From just making the cut to moving up to 35th is quite the feat for a club pro. It seems like it could be one of the best showings in recent time for a club pro.

he ended up making $33,000. Loved the full arm of tats contrasted with the touring pros

Tiger was awesome and really should be 2-3 strokes better but he made some incredible saves as well.

He lost the tournament on the back 9 yesterday. Especially that 17 missed 3 footer yesterday.

Koepka is the meathead who doesn’t let pressure affect him. That is perfect for major tournament golf pressure.

Didn't Tiger open Thursday with a double? Also that 20 footer left for Eagle on #17 from Saturday where he only end up with Par was a killer.

I said it before he is totally a meathead.
Him and Dustin Johnson are close friends I can totally see them as meatheads working out.

or doing bumps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom