2018 Running Backs | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Running Backs

Was thinking the same. I felt Elmore ended up at FB due to need and best opportunity to get on the field rather than best fit for his skill set. Similar to Stritz as a DB I'd like to see us at least explore his potential at DT.

Dino "promised" Stritz a shot at RB, vs. all his other suitors said they only wanted him as a DB.
So, it's unclear how much longer the RB experiment with him goes on, but - he'd likely make an excellent addition to the D backfield, if/when the RB thing doesn't pan out.

Elmore did a consistently good to occasionally great job of blocking at the FB/TE spot.
However - ideally we won't need him to do so much moving forward, assuming the O-Line and Pierce improve, we get better/more consistent play from the RB's, Dungey and the WR's get in sync and he doesn't have to hold the ball/extend plays as much, etc.

So yeah - his future may indeed end up as a DT, but likely not for another year.

I see Lutz being a Darren Sproles kind of player for us. I think he will get both handoffs from the backfield touches from the slot. I think this guy will be dynamic.

Dino "promised" Stritz a shot at RB, vs. all his other suitors said they only wanted him as a DB.
So, it's unclear how much longer the RB experiment with him goes on, but - he'd likely make an excellent addition to the D backfield, if/when the RB thing doesn't pan out.

Elmore did a consistently good to occasionally great job of blocking at the FB/TE spot.
However - ideally we won't need him to do so much moving forward, assuming the O-Line and Pierce improve, we get better/more consistent play from the RB's, Dungey and the WR's get in sync and he doesn't have to hold the ball/extend plays as much, etc.

So yeah - his future may indeed end up as a DT, but likely not for another year.

Yeah Stritz is a DB... I get trying to go for what you want but this kids talent at DB is undeniable. Put yourself in the best position to get paid!!!

The last 4 game of the season Moe rushed for 298 yards (74.5). I think he made a real strong case to be the #1 TB next fall. He should be up around 185lbs and hopefully they work on his pass protect. But he adds a RB dimension that Strickland will never have.

I don't believe the Slot is as dire as the RB position.

The slot will have Riley, NJohson, Lutz and maybe they move Sharod back to slot where he was recruited for.

Moe Neal last 4 games:

FSU
6 / 20

Wake
12 / 87

Louisville
19 /100

BC
13 /91
I think the improved offensive line play near the last 1/4 of the season had a lot to do with it. Stricklands last 4 games were 19-78 (4.1), 14-105 (7.5) 10-20 (2.0), and 9 for 59 (6.6)
Minus the clunker against FSU, those are respectable to good ypc.

I'm not incredibly worried about the running game. The o-line was bound to struggle early with the youth and inexperience. Next year, I would assume that the o-line would be at the very least, as good as they were in the last 1/4 of the season. Throw in new competition at RB, and I'm feeling fairly ok about the running game.

I see Lutz being a Darren Sproles kind of player for us. I think he will get both handoffs from the backfield touches from the slot. I think this guy will be dynamic.
I agree think he will be a stud

I was thinking more of a Phillips type but I suppose Sproles is ok. ;)

I'd like to see Moe on the field more if at RB or slot. He's a pretty good RB and if there are any underclassmen better than I'll be thrilled. The young guys are going to have to block and call signs if they want snaps along with off course talent. Strick should be solid and if he increases his vision and slides he could have a fantastic year. I really like that both these guys can catch the ball and hopefully Perkins, Pierre, Striz and the 2 new incoming freshmen can do the same. Moe moving to the slot, if that is in the coaches minds, won't happen unless one of these other guys steps up. The OL will be a lot better and hopefully the new WR's (redshirt and true frosh) can take pressure off of the running game because the running game may be more of a strength this year than the passing. Can't wait for spring ball.