2018 Scheduling Notes... | Syracusefan.com

2018 Scheduling Notes...

Guessing that since Hop is being moved up a week, Rutgers will replace St Johns.

Much better option than SJU right now. Rutgers has been on the rise and would add a better SOS come tournament time

RU should have a very good offensive team next year, with SU replacing so much not sure I would have signed this game starting next year but as mentioned will look great on the resume.

Why would we play there first? A return to Cuse in 2019? I would hope the Dome is being dismantled around that time.

2017 Lacrosse Weekend | Indigenous Values Initiative

To cap off the entire weekend, on Sunday the Syracuse University Lacrosse Program will be hosting an international lacrosse scrimmage in the Carrier Dome. This exciting event will feature the Iroquois Nationals 2018 team scrimmaging the Syracuse University Men’s lacrosse team.

Advanced sale tickets for LASNAI tournament and SU scrimmages will be available soon through the Indigenous Values Initiativewebsite (indigenousvalues.org). There is no charge for attending the Haudenosaunee Wooden Stick Festival.

RU should have a very good offensive team next year, with SU replacing so much not sure I would have signed this game starting next year but as mentioned will look great on the resume.
Got confirmation that @ Rutgers and home vs Navy are on the schedule. Add on the ACC, JHU, Cornell, Albany and Army and that has the potential to be a #1 SOS which will be challenging but should help the tournament resume

Got confirmation that @ Rutgers and home vs Navy are on the schedule. Add on the ACC, JHU, Cornell, Albany and Army and that has the potential to be a #1 SOS which will be challenging but should help the tournament resume

Hmmm interesting. Agree with you about the SOS aspect, just not sure this is the year to do it when you looked at what SU lost to graduation, because man that schedule is loaded. Appears SU dropped Siena and St. Johns which makes sense to drop 1 of the 2 but I probably would have kept one on the roster as SU needs a few built in wins. Don't want a UNC situation where your SOS is great but you worried about being eligible because your under .500. Going to be key that SU takes care of business against Bingo, Hobart, and Army.

Forgot mention Colgate as well. SU really needs to go 4-0 there as the rest of the schedule is ridiculous. If there was ever a year to give the Albany series a break it was this one. Good news is SU will get Navy, Hobart, Army, Colgate all in the Dome plus Hopkins and the ACC schedule. @ Rutgers will be a real tough game, there offense will be one of the better ones in Div 1. Ditto UVA and Duke.

Bingo (Sat Feb 10)
Albany (Sat Feb 17)
Army (Sat Feb 24)
at UVa (Sun Mar 4)
Hop (Sat March 10)
at Rutgers (Sun March 18)
at Duke (Sat Mar 24)
ND (Sat Mar 31)
Hobart (Tues April 3)
at Cornell (Tues April 10)
UNC (Sat Apr 14)
Navy (Sat April 21)
ACCT (Fri April 27 - Sun April 29)
Colgate (Sat May 5)

Updated Dec 14

Last edited:
Sheesh - how could that be anything other than the #1 SOS?

I have a feeling it's going to be nail-biting time on Selection Sunday.

Navy
Army
Albany
at UVa
Hop (we get Hop at home for 2 straight years)
at Rutgers
at Duke
ND
Hobart
at Cornell
UNC
Bingo
ACCT
Colgate

Does this look right?

That looks about right. We might get Hobart 2 years straight at home to as we played them back to back years in Geneva for some reason. Very bizarre.

Navy
Army
Albany
at UVa
Hop (we get Hop at home for 2 straight years)
at Rutgers
at Duke
ND
Hobart
at Cornell
UNC
Bingo
ACCT
Colgate

Does this look right?
Swap Bingo and Navy & Army and Albany

Last edited:
Sheesh - how could that be anything other than the #1 SOS?

I have a feeling it's going to be nail-biting time on Selection Sunday.

I think this is a great schedule, but you are right. We better be good. If we have a winning record, we will be in.

I've been able to find 3 of our OOC games so far. All are in slots we used for OOC games last year. BTW, we dropped Cornell and that weekend will now be @ Stony Brook.

I've been able to find 3 of our OOC games so far. All are in slots we used for OOC games last year. BTW, we dropped Cornell and that weekend will now be @ Stony Brook.

I guess you guys get more recruits from Long Island than you do Ithaca. :cool:

I loved to use it against the folks who said Southern teams never play in places that could have snow early in the season. I could show them that was wrong because we played up there every even numbered year. They even had to plow the field one year.

March 10

Two pretty brutal stretches. Loyola unc princeton syracuse. Then later uva Rutty Ohio state penn State with three of those four being on the road.

Navy Sat April 21

Hmm very interesting. Looks like this is the last game before the acc tourney. Odd scheduling but may prove beneficial if SU needs a W for tourney purposes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom