2018 Winter Olympics: Pyeongchang | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Winter Olympics: Pyeongchang

It was definitely intentional as Decker was alone on the doorstep with the puck. A reasonable decision for Poulin to take a penalty in that instance but laying her out was excessive.

That hit might’ve led to a fight in some men’s games (definitely a scrum with lots of face washing depending on the rivalry/stakes).

If you’re an American playing hockey you know how true Kelly Youngblood was when he told his brother Dean:

“Don't take any from them Canucks. To them, you're just another wetback, crossing the border to play their game.”

Actually I'm an American (dual citizenship) who lives in Canada. We'll agree we disagree on the Poulin-Decker hit. I note you didn't respond about the first game. :) I don't know anything about whoever the Youngbloods are. Is that from Letterkenny?

Mike Tirico has been a breath of fresh air over Costas. Never been a huge Costas fan for various reasons although we do share a love for baseball

Mike Tirico has been a breath of fresh air over Costas. Never been a huge Costas fan for various reasons although we do share a love for baseball

I don't really dislike Costas, however he has a tendency to make things into some kind of moral imperative. Thing is, though, he's good at it.

While much of the world was still asleep, the 2018 Winter Olympics concluded Sunday with one heck of a wrap party from PyeongChang’s Olympic Stadium.

An edited version of the closing ceremony will air tonight on NBC (8/7c), complete with commentary and context from Tara Lipinski, Johnny Weir and Terry Gannon. But if you’re curious about what to expect from the Olympics’ grand finale, we watched the live feed at NBCOlympics.com this morning to see the two-hour proceedings in all their trippy glory.

A few highlights from the event:

Actually I'm an American (dual citizenship) who lives in Canada. We'll agree we disagree on the Poulin-Decker hit. I note you didn't respond about the first game. :) I don't know anything about whoever the Youngbloods are. Is that from Letterkenny?
Youngblood was a very underrated hockey movie starring Rob Lowe and Patrick Swayze and a young Cynthia Gibb. The father was played by Eric Nesterenko who in real life played old time hockey for the Maple Leafs and Black Hawks and is rated as the 2nd best player to ever come out of Flin Flon, Manitoba. However, that's not him in this photo. That would be Ed Lauter, better known as Captain Knauer from "The Longest Yard".
Youngblood5.jpg

I’m going to miss it, it was a great 16 days of athletic competition on tv whenever I wanted it. Helped fill the void till the hoop conf tourneys and subsequent big one.

Olympic Curling is right up there as one of the best happy hour sports there is to watch.

I dont get the olympic hate from many.. some of the sports are hokey but the drama is pretty cool. anyone who saw the US sprint cross country win and thought that wasnt fun just doesnt appreciate sports.
Dilly Dilly.

I can’t get enough of it, fantastic drama.

It’s what all ‘sports’ fans should crave.

Watching a Biathelete ski to the lead only to freeze up on the line with 1 shot left, knowing its for the gold is crazy.. Imagine if a FT to win the NCAA title was lost by a 10 sec count..

Watching a Biathelete ski to the lead only to freeze up on the line with 1 shot left, knowing its for the gold is crazy.. Imagine if a FT to win the NCAA title was lost by a 10 sec count..

Miss a FT, take a penalty lap. ;)

add a bonus for quicker you take a shot.. kind of like OT NHL bonus pt.. if you make a shot before half the shot clock you get an extra pt.. lets reward the D for a change.. just like spring game fball scoring.

I dont get the olympic hate from many.. some of the sports are hokey but the drama is pretty cool. anyone who saw the US sprint cross country win and thought that wasnt fun just doesnt appreciate sports.
I like the Olympics too but I think that a big part of the problem is the way that it is presented to us. NBC hand picks a few athletes (almost always American) that the decide they will follow and much of the action is barely showed.
The Olympic Experience Is Enormous, So Why Does the Media Make It Feel So Small?

Interesting but I didnt feel that way at all, in many events Americans were an after thought. But it has more to do where you watched it.. It was on 4-5 channels.. if you only watched NBC you got just a small slice of the events if you watched usa/msnbc/nbcsn/olympic channel or streaming you got every minute of every event. Some things i saw streamed with world announcers and then saw the NBC take with US announcers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom