2018 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training Thread | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bird to have foot surgery

prob out for 2-3 months
bgg61.gif

I wonder if that first basemen we cut a few weeks ago is still available was that Lind?

yes, and he is. will be in a few weeks too if we need him then.

looks like Austin is getting the nod.

I'm so sick of Sterling's schtick

how about you call what happens on the field instead of looking to shoehorn you "it is high..." in there

I'm so sick of Sterling's schtick

how about you call what happens on the field instead of looking to shoehorn you "it is high..." in there
He's almost 80 and won't be changing now. Enjoy him while you can. His successor likely won't be as interesting.

He's almost 80 and won't be changing now. Enjoy him while you can. His successor likely won't be as interesting.

I get that, but my feelings about his calls isn't recent.

I do get it, but when a line drive HR barely clears the fence which isnt high or far, maybe he should call what actually happens instead of forcing the call he wants to make

I do get it, but when a line drive HR barely clears the fence which isnt high or far, maybe he should call what actually happens instead of forcing the call he wants to make
It’s the beauty of radio.

He’s painting a picture for us not there or able to see on tv.

A homerun is a homerun, I don’t really care if it’s a line drive or not...plus they tell you after the call the truth...but when he goes into schtick and it’s caught...it’s awesome in a bad way, because he just brought your emotions to 11 and kicked you in the balls.

The fact he may not have intended to do so, makes it doublely beautiful.

Love radio and love John & Suzyn.

They will be missed, this is a another golden era of Yankee Radio.

A homerun is a homerun, I don’t really care if it’s a line drive or not...plus they tell you after the call the truth...but when he goes into schtick and it’s caught...it’s awesome in a bad way, because he just brought your emotions to 11 and kicked you in the balls.

While I appreciate your contributions to this board, I am sure quite a few others would line up at the chance of kicking you in the balls, considering you enjoy it so much.

mildly funny story, I have a friend who worked for the Yankees for several years and was very close with Suzyn. His father had a cell phone store and he used to hook up all the Yanks and staff back then with phones. This was all before I knew him.

A few years later we meet (his gf at the time worked with my now wife) and we became good friends and I even got him a job at my company at the time.

Suzyn used to call him 3-5X a month so about once a week I would hear the voice from the radio on his answering machine talking about mundane stuff and cell phones.

didn't Scooter once go into a home run call that ended up being caught by the shortstop?

I do remember at least one time hearing someone make a call of, “It’s going... going... going ... to be caught,” as the outfielder got it fairly routinely on the warning track.

didn't Scooter once go into a home run call that ended up being caught by the shortstop?
Holy cow. Did you see the wind hold up that ball White?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors