2018 Yankees Thread... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Yankees Thread...

One of the good things about being a Yankees fan where I live is I almost never have to hear Sterling or Suzyn whatever her name is. :)
i pay $20 a year for the MLB app on my phone, it gets me every teams radio broadcasts. It’s freat, I no longer have to lug a radio to the beach or pool or set up on my deck. When in the Adirondacks and not inside, I’m guaranteed reception.

The thought of a Yankee Broadcast without John and Suzyn, makes me sad. I know it’s coming soon...

The app also comes in handy when someone is going for a no/no or better, I don’t have to check MLBN, I just put on whoever’s team is doing it...home call on my phone, while watching YES or doing whatever.

i pay $20 a year for the MLB app on my phone, it gets me every teams radio broadcasts. It’s freat, I no longer have to lug a radio to the beach or pool or set up on my deck. When in the Adirondacks and not inside, I’m guaranteed reception.

The thought of a Yankee Broadcast without John and Suzyn, makes me sad. I know it’s coming soon...

The app also comes in handy when someone is going for a no/no or better, I don’t have to check MLBN, I just put on whoever’s team is doing it...home call on my phone, while watching YES or doing whatever.

Fair enough, different strokes for different folks. I haven't succumbed to the cell phone thing yet. I have one, yes, but I don't use it for things like that. I only get YES when TSN or SportsNet picks it up. When Buck Martinez is doing Blue Jays games, I mute the sound.

One of the good things about being a Yankees fan where I live is I almost never have to hear Sterling or Suzyn whatever her name is. :)
They're an integral part of the Yankee experience for me.

They're an integral part of the Yankee experience for me.
And this year with some 635 1st pitches, I will catch even a little more of them either in the car or on the bus home from work.

I easily catch a few innings of them 3-4x a week.

In summer, full games on weekend afternoons.

Looks like we get the Judge in CF today.

Word is Walker leads off as DH and Judge 2nd in Center. Sanchez still catching, guess he sits tomorrow.

Looks like we get the Judge in CF today.

Word is Walker leads off as DH and Judge 2nd in Center. Sanchez still catching, guess he sits tomorrow.

Put me in, coach...

I am shocked to hear that Judge is playing CF. Perhaps he is capable of covering more ground than I believe. I expected Gardner to play CF everyday until Ellsbury or Frazier became available.

I am shocked to hear that Judge is playing CF. Perhaps he is capable of covering more ground than I believe. I expected Gardner to play CF everyday until Ellsbury or Frazier became available.
It s the damn turf in the skydome, Booney didn’t want to wreck his legs all weekend, expect him back in there tomorrow.

Judge is an above average fielder with a rocket arm.

But if Yanks were 0-2 instead of 2-0, we might’ve seen a different defensive lineup.

The Yankees need to teach their kids not to try to run through walls.

Living to fight another day is much more important than 1 out.

Guessing, Wade to left, Drury to 2nd??...

The Yankees need to teach their kids not to try to run through walls.

Living to fight another day is much more important than 1 out.

Guessing, Wade to left, Drury to 2nd??...
Why does MLB allow outfield walls to contain videoboards? For the sake of player safety, the walls should be unchanging surfaces from the ground up to at least 10 or 12 feet.

Does that start the clock or whatever on Andujar?

Also, didn't we have a rookie outfielder get hurt his first game last season too?

Andujar was up for 5 games last season.

Dustin Fowler got hurt in 1 game last year (didn't even get an AB).

Does that start the clock or whatever on Andujar?

Also, didn't we have a rookie outfielder get hurt his first game last season too?
Yes, Dustin Fowler (now in the A's organization) ran into the wall in rightfield in the first inning of his major league debut and tore up his knee before ever coming to bat.

You were always going to beat me to Fowler. Should have just let you handle it. ;)

I have XM radio so I get all the sports on that and then it connects to my Echo/Tap for free and can listen anyplace anytime.

So the 5 last season started Andujar's clock?

Ah, so the Torres date thing keeps him under the 172 days, is that it?

That's the reason why they hold him in SWB for a few weeks to start the season, just so he can't get 172 days in 2018.

That way, he won't hit free agency until 2025 at the earliest.

You were always going to beat me to Fowler. Should have just let you handle it. ;)
Mason Williams did it 1st.

Then Fowler.

You can add Frazier in spring training.

And now McKinney.

This is also why Torres wouldn’t come up till later, if goes on the DL for all year as a ‘Yankee’, I believe that counts as MLB time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom