2018 Yankees Thread... | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

2018 Yankees Thread...

Have to admit, he looked safe to me. Tag was on his shin and his foot looked like it was on the plate.

Out. Sanchez got him on the toes before his foot hit the plate. The tag on the shin was late but he got the toes.

Torres. Walker can play 2nd or 3rd.

Wanted to keep 13 arms.
I guess. I’ve always like Torreyes. I get it’s a business but man he gives it his all. Great team player.

crap game from SWB today but the experience was awesome for little man. he got on the jumbotron, got tons of swag for minimal $, got a ball (not from Warren or any of the other RR relievers, despite our hovering over the bullpens and us asking a few guys) and he even got to run the bases after the game.

on a side note, it was weird rooting against Cuse in any capacity even though I was sporting an 03 championship hat.

crap game from SWB today but the experience was awesome for little man. he got on the jumbotron, got tons of swag for minimal $, got a ball (not from Warren or any of the other RR relievers, despite our hovering over the bullpens and us asking a few guys) and he even got to run the bases after the game.

on a side note, it was weird rooting against Cuse in any capacity even though I was sporting an 03 championship hat.

Crap game from the parent club too. :(

At least you saw Red Thunder triple.

Crap game from the parent club too. :(

At least you saw Red Thunder triple.

I may be partially responsible for that, lol

at the time of red's rip, we were on the grass right behind the CF wall. when the 2 Cuse fielders got real close to each other, I did what I often do and let out a bellowing "MINE!"

the difference between yelling it at the Stadium and today was that I was maybe 15 yards from the players (without direct line of sight as I was sitting and there is a low wall before a drop to the OF grass) and the next thing that happened was the crowd cheered and Red Thunder was off to the races.

true story and you are (collectively) welcome ;)

Last edited:
I may be partially responsible for that, lol

at the time of red's rip, we were on the grass right behind the CF wall. when the 2 Cuse fielders got real close to each other, I did what I often do and let out a bellowing "MINE!"

the difference between yelling it at the Stadium and today was that I was maybe 15 yards from the players (without direct line of sight as I was sitting and there is a low wall before a drop to the OF grass) and the next thing that happened was the crowd cheered and Red Thunder was off to the races.

true story and you are (collectively) welcome ;)
Wait. Are you Arod?

I mean, I feel like even an average schmo like myself could step into the box and find a way to first base vs. these Halo pitchers. The BB and HBP are comical at this point.

(insane) trade proposal (that a few of us at a BBQ today decided makes total sense) :

Yanks get both Syndergaard and DeGrom (with the Mets retaining some salary for each to the yanks can stay below the tax threshold).

In return the Mets get Austin, Wade, Red Thunder, Betances, a player to be named later (which turns out to be Andujar at the end of the season), Chance Adams, Domingo German, a decent lower level pitching prospect, DLsbury (with yanks retaining half to 2/3 salary) and cash (prob in the $50M range)

(insane) trade proposal (that a few of us at a BBQ today decided makes total sense) :

Yanks get both Syndergaard and DeGrom (with the Mets retaining some salary for each to the yanks can stay below the tax threshold).

In return the Mets get Austin, Wade, Red Thunder, Betances, a player to be named later (which turns out to be Andujar at the end of the season), Chance Adams, Domingo German, a decent lower level pitching prospect, DLsbury (with yanks retaining half to 2/3 salary) and cash (prob in the $50M range)

not happening

I'm assuming you guys went through several cases of beer at this BBQ and that you're all NYY fans. Not only are the NYM going to give you their two stud arms (both under 30) but they'll be happy to eat some salary for you as well. :rolling:

I assume any deal for a top starting pitcher will have to include Florial or Sheffield, plus a bunch of B and C level prospects.

I always love to hear people call the sports radio stations and propose trades that come across like, "Let's trade 2 broken bats, a glove that has no lacing, and 3 balls losing their covers to the Yankees for Aaron Judge."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom